Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Unconfirmed] UA Preparing to Sell E+ at Booking as Separate Cabin (like DL C+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Unconfirmed] UA Preparing to Sell E+ at Booking as Separate Cabin (like DL C+)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by IMissThe747

I found this. It sure looks like they are selling economy plus as a separate fare. Lots of potential implications here.
Is it possible that "Economy Plus" in that 777 is the Premium Plus seats?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dilanesp
No.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:29 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
That's a pretty big price differential.

Also there's an IT glitch -- EWRSFO includes a meal in E+.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AC 25K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
Yes and no to that as well!

There are no instant upgrades for EWR-SFO. (But yes, that would apply to the CHI/NYC route discussed first.)
Good point. Still, even if using an RPU, B class would clear before G class.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Is there a route or date where this displays consistently for people? I can't get the E+ column to show up and am guessing it's in a sharded rollout or something.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Howard
Good point. Still, even if using an RPU, B class would clear before G class.
Or not clear, which is more likely on that route.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by findark
Is there a route or date where this displays consistently for people? I can't get the E+ column to show up and am guessing it's in a sharded rollout or something.
Try logging out if you haven't. It might not display for you due to status.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Try logging out if you haven't. It might not display for you due to status.
Yes, that did it. Thanks.

ed to add ~ still see when logged in. Maybe a coincidence. Fare comparison says "the fare class you requested" -- clearly a pretty low-effort implementation.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by MarkP24
For some planes, the hard product needs to get up to speed as well, such as seat back entertainment, USB ports, and outlets that work. However, their newer planes are quite good!
The 777-300 3-4-3 config is horrendous and uncomfortable to fly in... period. Absolutely feel like a sardine in a can on that plane.... and the 777-200 fleet is all getting this as well. The soft product in Y is eons behind int'l carriers.
Silver Fox and narvik like this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Kacee
UA has stated this is a test, and they are undoubtedly watching to see how many people will overpay for a fare that includes E+.
I'm hoping the result is 0 for this one.

Originally Posted by Howard
Yes and no. The G fare with free E+ based on status isn't the same as the B fare because the B fare is also eligible for instant upgrades.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Y/B/M instant upgrade be a thing of the past once all these changes roll out.

For now, it happens occasionally, but once all the retrofits are complete, P+ will only be available for purchase or upgrade instrument on these routes, and I would be willing to bet that P.S. flights with P+ will follow the same upgrade guidelines that apply to int'l flights with this seating configuration.

I just hope that G / P / 1K / GS will still be able to choose E+ seats for free as we always have been able to, but I am not holding my breath for this one. I bet the next thing to go will likely be the free food item and beverage for 1K / GS if sitting in E-. Then it will be checked baggage allowance......
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjmoore
I just hope that G / P / 1K / GS will still be able to choose E+ seats for free as we always have been able to, but I am not holding my breath for this one. I bet the next thing to go will likely be the free food item and beverage for 1K / GS if sitting in E-. Then it will be checked baggage allowance......
So far, they have made no changes.

The 1K/GS food and beverage benefit is brand new. If they didn't want to introduce it, they.. just wouldn't have introduced it. It's not costing them that much.

As for the checked luggage allowance -- they might eventually reduce it by a bag, but UA does still have to compete with DL and AA. And they already realize that the existing checked luggage fees are causing real operational issues for them in terms of longer boarding times. I'm not sure they're in any hurry to exacerbate those.

UA gives people plenty of reasons to be upset about things. There's no need to invent more that haven't happened yet.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by jjmoore
The 777-300 3-4-3 config is horrendous and uncomfortable to fly in... period. Absolutely feel like a sardine in a can on that plane.... and the 777-200 fleet is all getting this as well. The soft product in Y is eons behind int'l carriers.
3-4-3 is basically industry standard on 777's. And it's far from terrible, really. I noticed very little difference from the 3-3-3.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA MM
3-4-3 is basically industry standard on 777's. And it's far from terrible, really. I noticed very little difference from the 3-3-3.
I and certainly many others notice a big difference between 3-3-3 and 3-4-3 on the 777. If it's really the new industry standard then props to DL for being non-standard.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
I and certainly many others notice a big difference between 3-3-3 and 3-4-3 on the 777. If it's really the new industry standard then props to DL for being non-standard.
Delta can keep 777 in 3-3-3, because they have a tiny 777 fleet. but UA can't afford to do that because they have almost 100 777s!
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:21 pm

Fine. Fly Delta. They have a handful of 777's so they don't have to switch. Everyone else is switching.

The difference is about an inch. For a normal weight human, that's pretty trivial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.