Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zebranz
So, is anything happening with this? Just curious (Oct 3, 2019)

If you paid cash for a lifetime Club membership and would like to join a potential class action due to this material change, please post your username here:
ctownflyer
hog Heaven
AAdmiral
nsx + 1
RichardInSF
Sykes
soartoday
lax2jfk2lax
libuser + 1
Xyzzy + 1
Buster CT1K
1K Student
Elitefreak
flyer austin + 1 (wiki-restricted member, added by IAH-OIL-TRASH)
Radonc1 + 1 (not a FT member but has LT membership)
Halo117
mikey
Mnmag
Vulcan
lateacher
kmersh
MazdaMP
bajong
sandiego1k
thesilb
HnlJay
nachosdelux
wtigerFF
a1bengal
benolaa
LeslieandDiane
SPN Lifer +1
YRKInsider
texd
IAHtraveler
nzpilot
zebranz

If you received a lifetime Club membership from the UA MM program and would like to join a potential class action, please post your username here:
deek
honmani2
lax2jfk2lax (recd 2nd lifetime for hitting 2MM which I gifted)
seacarl

Related thread: Club member/one-time pass access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner) Original thread -- focused on the basic access issue, most lifetime membership posts have been moved to this lifetime thread

Print Wikipost

Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Mikey
Delta did the right thing!
American did the right thing!

C'mon United - do the right thing!

Make an exception for lifetime members!
Let's make a day where we all write in to Oscar, UA Club, and 1Kvoice/GS where applicable about AA and DL honoring their lifetime club commitments and UA being the odd airline out.

How about this Wednesday?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:44 pm

I'm in!!

Perhaps we should publish the addresses as well!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Let's make a day where we all write in to Oscar, UA Club, and 1Kvoice/GS where applicable about AA and DL honoring their lifetime club commitments and UA being the odd airline out.

How about this Wednesday?
Count me in! Oscar will probably personally put a black mark in my profile if he gets another email from me.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Mikey
I'm in!!

Perhaps we should publish the addresses as well!
Write-in campaign on Wednesday 10/16 about United's failure to honor their commitment to allow lifetime club members to access the club regardless of the airline they're flying.

Be sure to mention that both AA and DL have honored their commitment to their lifetime club members:
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
https://viewfromthewing.com/lifetime...irlines-ticket

Specific case examples of why you invested in the lifetime membership or why you may need to fly another airline (in my case, due to the CLE hub closure, etc) will certainly be useful.

Write to all that are applicable:
Oscar: [email protected]
United Club: [email protected]
If you are 1K/GS email the contact on the back of your premier card.
If you aren't 1K/GS: [email protected]

Last edited by ctownflyer; Oct 13, 2019 at 9:01 am Reason: Removed non-public contract information per FT rules
Old Oct 12, 2019, 7:18 pm

I'm glad American Airlines changed the policy to allow lifetime members entrance to the Admirals Club regardless of airline flown. I wish United Airlines would follow suit. I am fortunate to have lifetime memberships with both AA & UA. Honestly how many people have lifetime United Club memberships? I don't think the number is so great that members with lifetime United Club membership who might be flying another airline would be more than 1% of total members visiting a Club in any one day. I hope United & Oscar do the right thing and follow American and Delta in allowing lifetime member access period.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
I'm glad American Airlines changed the policy to allow lifetime members entrance to the Admirals Club regardless of airline flown. I wish United Airlines would follow suit. I am fortunate to have lifetime memberships with both AA & UA. Honestly how many people have lifetime United Club memberships? I don't think the number is so great that members with lifetime United Club membership who might be flying another airline would be more than 1% of total members visiting a Club in any one day. I hope United & Oscar do the right thing and follow American and Delta in allowing lifetime member access period.
Since DL started the whole you must be giving business to them that day to enter the club which UA and AA quickly followed suit. Now that DL exempted Lifetimers and AA did too I think it's safe to assume it's only a matter of time until UA relents too.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:38 am

United - are you listening? Make the exception!
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Write-in campaign on Wednesday 10/16 about United's failure to honor their commitment to allow lifetime club members to access the club regardless of the airline they're flying.

Be sure to mention that both AA and DL have honored their commitment to their lifetime club members:

Specific case examples of why you invested in the lifetime membership or why you may need to fly another airline (in my case, due to the CLE hub closure, etc) will certainly be useful.

Is the CLE club closing. Why. They have the largest
operation outside of the hub network. AA still has a club at ex Hubs BNA and PIT.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Is the CLE club closing. Why. They have the largest
operation outside of the hub network. AA still has a club at ex Hubs BNA and PIT.
No.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:58 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
United Club's current scanner software supports non-UA boarding passes. I just scan my phone app's club card barcode (expiration 2099) then scan my non-UA boarding pass barcode. Beep, beep, done. The UA person doesn't need to lift a finger.

I don't agree that retraining agents will be any significant cost.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:38 am

No.
Without reading through all the posts, what gives you the idea that the CLE club is closing? When UA renegotiated its lease for CLE, it agreed to keep the UA Club open through 2029?

https://www.cleveland.com/travel/201...es_gate_o.html
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by guy44134
Without reading through all the posts, what gives you the idea that the CLE club is closing? When UA renegotiated its lease for CLE, it agreed to keep the UA Club open through 2029?

https://www.cleveland.com/travel/201...es_gate_o.html
I never said the CLE club was closing.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by guy44134
Without reading through all the posts, what gives you the idea that the CLE club is closing?
No need to read all the posts, just ~8 posts back -- I believe this CLE question is the result of a misread:

... due to the CLE hub closure, etc...
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Is the CLE club closing. Why.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Since DL started the whole you must be giving business to them that day to enter the club which UA and AA quickly followed suit. Now that DL exempted Lifetimers and AA did too I think it's safe to assume it's only a matter of time until UA relents too.
I don’t think it’s ever safe to assume that UA will do the right thing if they think it will cost them even a penny more.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:00 am

If you are 1K/GS email the contact on the back of your premier card.
Bump. Send in those emails!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.