Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United announces "MileagePlus Miles Never Expire" (effective immediately 28 Aug 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Airlines Announces MileagePlus Miles Never Expire
Airline continues to make improvements to its award-winning MileagePlus loyalty program

CHICAGO, Aug. 28, 2019

-- United Airlines announced that effective immediately, MileagePlus award miles never expire, giving members a lifetime to use miles on flights, experiences, hotels and more.

"We want to demonstrate to our members that we are committing to them for the long-haul and giving customers a lifetime to use miles is an exceptionally meaningful benefit," said Luc Bondar, vice president of loyalty and president of MileagePlus at United. "Our MileagePlus program provides customers more ways to earn and use miles than any other U.S. airline. More customers used miles to book award trips in 2018 than in any year before, and we expect with today's announcement that even more will use miles to travel the world in the years to come."
Print Wikipost

United announces "MileagePlus Miles Never Expire" (effective immediately 28 Aug 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2020, 2:32 pm

United miles don't expire?

I checked on my miles today and it says they never expire. Is that permanent?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 2, 2020 at 3:22 pm Reason: moved to master thread
Old Dec 2, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
It's "permanent", or until United changes its mind, whichever comes sooner!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 2, 2020 at 3:22 pm Reason: clean up after move; thanks for the link
Old Dec 2, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by narvik
It's "permanent", or until United changes its mind, whichever comes sooner!
As long as DL keeps the non-expiration then I am sure UA is happy given that they usually are 2nd to follow in the monkey see monkey do game.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Interestingly from a desktop browser my miles show expiration of 7/31/22 from a login pop up..
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:06 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by frudd38
Interestingly from a desktop browser my miles show expiration of 7/31/22 from a login pop up..
Can you show a screenshoot of this? If I logon, it displays my miles, states they never expire and the info pop states the same

Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Can you show a screenshoot of this? If I logon, it displays my miles, states they never expire and the info pop states the same

I get the exact same thing as you do
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
I can't seem to replicate it anymore as I was not fully logged in, but cookies/account # saved. It was a screen where it showed the miles and a spot to login (not just the normal yellow login page).

Once fully logged in it shows not expired as expected. It's possibly being coded in the back end to push expiration one year out or so.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by frudd38
I can't seem to replicate it anymore as I was not fully logged in, but cookies/account # saved. It was a screen where it showed the miles and a spot to login (not just the normal yellow login page).

Once fully logged in it shows not expired as expected. It's possibly being coded in the back end to push expiration one year out or so.
UA's programmers just waiting for the day when miles expire again.

David
kevino and frudd38 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.