Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
ORD Term C: United Club and Global First Lounge now closed

Just received an email from United indicating the United Club in terminal C as well as the Global First Lounge are now closed.

Polaris lounge scheduled to open December 1, 2016.

All lounge renovations at ORD to be complete by May, 2017.

Bummer that the Global First Lounge service at ORD is now history.
End of an Era.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
And me in GF going through ORD Saturday 😭
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
The temporary lounge is closed? I stopped in briefly yesterday, saw no food out at 8 am, and left, but didn't see any signs indicating it would be closed. Really won't be missed though.

By the way, at the risk of creating a line, I discovered the Mexican breakfast wrap at America's Dog is quite good.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by JonIND
Looks like the C16 United Club may be temporarily closed now... Just got the following email in connection with a trip starting this Sunday (highlighting mine):
Two of my ORD UC angels mentioned to me yesterday morning and tonight that it's closing (temporarily) either as of tomorrow or after tomorrow.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:52 pm

I hope they've fixed whatever closed the B6 club on Tuesday 11/1. Agent at the F club said they had a plumbing issue in the newly renovated men's room resulting in water getting into an elevator shaft.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
8pm Saturday...First time through B6 ..and only option since they closed the curtained GFL temp-lounge. Love the space and the restroom is huge. Not many people in here. Didn't bother with the food.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Does anyone know how the entrances to the C and Polaris United Clubs will be setup once opened on Dec 1?

Will they be two separate and distinct clubs with separate entrances? Or is United going the way of SQ in SIN with a combined club with central check-in? Then the passenger is directed left or right depending on class flown or status? Just curious.

As Polaris should be more unique and not bogged down by "lowly" *Gs on an international flight, I'm hoping those of us who can access the Polaris lounge can do so quickly without waiting in queue.

PS - I say "lowly" tongue-in-cheek. I've entered a lounge on *G status alone many a time.

-RM
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I was in the recently reopened B6 club on Monday around 11am. The expanded Men's Room has four stalls, three urinals, and six sinks. All were occupied, and there was a line for each set.

Admittedly the club was very crowded due to the current closure of the C16 club, but the weather was great and there were no delays. I hope they planned enough facilities to cope with normal crowds.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm loving the new B8 Club, here are some pictures:

Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wxguy
I was in the recently reopened B6 club on Monday around 11am. The expanded Men's Room has four stalls, three urinals, and six sinks. All were occupied, and there was a line for each set.

Admittedly the club was very crowded due to the current closure of the C16 club, but the weather was great and there were no delays. I hope they planned enough facilities to cope with normal crowds.
Agreed with this -- I was there at 5:30 this morning, and the club was relatively empty. All four stalls were occupied. Again, at 7:30, when I was leaving to catch my connection, all four occupied...

Otherwise the club was very nice -- spacious and relatively quiet. Could have just been that people were generally clustered around TVs with their jaws on the floor, but that's a different issue .
Old Nov 9, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Chalk me up as a fan of the new B8 club.. SUPER WELL DONE!

So happy to have some real hot food! Three cheese lasagna..

Makes me think UA is actually really getting is proverbial together!

Add showers and they are getting damn close to competing with European and Asian clubs..
Old Nov 9, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GBadger
Agreed with this -- I was there at 5:30 this morning, and the club was relatively empty. All four stalls were occupied. Again, at 7:30, when I was leaving to catch my connection, all four occupied...

Otherwise the club was very nice -- spacious and relatively quiet. Could have just been that people were generally clustered around TVs with their jaws on the floor, but that's a different issue .
Check put the finish in the restrooms. Very poorly done and likely to turn ugly in a year. Faucets barely extend over the sinks causing more water to end up on the counter than in the sink. First glance -- clean and bright. Closer inspection -- very poor design and likely to deteriorate quickly.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by YRKInsider
Check put the finish in the restrooms. Very poorly done and likely to turn ugly in a year. Faucets barely extend over the sinks causing more water to end up on the counter than in the sink. First glance -- clean and bright. Closer inspection -- very poor design and likely to deteriorate quickly.
Yep! The b17 lounge bathrooms always look dingy. Proper cleaning would definitely help as well. The floors need mopped and the doors wiped down. There's filthy hand-prints on the white finish.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Just noticed that the C club is fully closed now - has anyone heard how long before it reopens?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lilpisher
Just noticed that the C club is fully closed now - has anyone heard how long before it reopens?
Discussion on info available in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...enovation.html

Nothing specific on the reopen day for C club but UA has said all the ORD renovations will be done by May 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.