Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
I passed through the club last Sunday. I actually SDC’d to a flight that transited ORD. The new club looks really good, is quite spacious and finally has some natural light. While I was sitting at a table, a server brought me a brown shopping bag filled with pizzas. I thanked the server but told her that I did not order any pizzas. Also, the Coke machine behind the bar area was not in service.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I didn't notice conference rooms at either the F or B6 clubs (the newly remodeled ones). Agree, they were mostly wasted space.

They both have phone booths, which is a much better amenity and I have already found very useful.
Actually have to correct myself.

There is a conference room at the F club. It is located between the men's restroom and the help desk.

Just noticed it on my last trip.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:30 am

Actually have to correct myself.

There is a conference room at the F club. It is located between the men's restroom and the help desk.

Just noticed it on my last trip.
I've been in that club a lot and never noticed the conference room. I wonder how many times it has been used since the club opened.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
First visit this morning. As someone who avoids the carb-fest, enjoys eggs in the morning, disappointed to see only waffles/syrup and bacon as hot option (besides the oatmeal). Understand the desire to rotate, but would it be so hard to have cold hard boiled eggs at least when not serving some sort of hot egg? Delta SkyClubs manage it without a problem, so can't be that hard ...

Otherwise, nice space, nice lighting, miss the semi-privacy of the business cubicles in the new design.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
ORD lounges

Could some kind person remind me...? I have a lounge pass from getting the Chase credit card, and I am flying through ORD tomorrow. But I think I dimly recall some kind of email from United saying that one or all of the ORD lounges was being renovated, and such passes were not currently being honored.

Did I dream that or not? I'm going to be in Terminal One at O'Hare - if anyone knows for sure if I can use my pass, I'd be most grateful.

Dominic
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: UA GS
I received an official communication from UA about this this morning. Guest passes are being accepted at all United Clubs at ORD, unless the club is at or near capacity. The B6 clubroom just reopened and has relieved the crowding that caused the airline to stop accepting guest passes in the open terminal one lounges.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Correct. I confirmed with United Club staff as well last week.

With the opening of the club near gate B-6, they are once again accepting the Chase 1-time passes.

Note: The club in the C terminal is still undergoing renovations, so I would avoid that one.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:21 am

Ooh, I'll have to check out B6 today then. Anyone been in it? Is it nice inside?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
Ooh, I'll have to check out B6 today then. Anyone been in it? Is it nice inside?
Quite a few people have been in it...

Bottom line - nice new club.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 28, 2016 at 6:25 pm Reason: cleanup after move
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA MM
Oh, sorry I missed that, I was in ORD on the 23rd and spend some time in horribly horribly overcrowded C, my bad
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Taking an early morning LAX-ORD and will need somewhere to change before going to a meeting. Usually use a shower to accomplish this quickly, but sounds like that isn't an option currently? Looks like I'll probably be arriving at C9. Any suggestions on best club to use for this?

Thanks,
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Taking an early morning LAX-ORD and will need somewhere to change before going to a meeting. Usually use a shower to accomplish this quickly, but sounds like that isn't an option currently? Looks like I'll probably be arriving at C9. Any suggestions on best club to use for this?

Thanks,
Well you only have one option in C terminal and its half torn up for construction. If you feel like walking over to B terminal they are both open but you have to decide if its worth the walk.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
Quite a few people have been in it...

Bottom line - nice new club.
They did a great job honestly, the extra space is definitely appreciated and its nice having the crowds a little smaller at the other B terminal club again. The only negative aspect of the B6 club is that they seem to have a hard time keeping the dishes cleaned up. Not sure if they are just understaffed or what but last time I was there more tables were empty and covered in dirty dishes than had people at them. It some what tainted an otherwise positive environment. I half wish the had stations or bins where people could at least deposit some of the plates (not everyone would but some of us dont mind cleaning up after themselves).
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmanirish

Thanks,
Originally Posted by arctikjon
Well you only have one option in C terminal and its half torn up for construction. If you feel like walking over to B terminal they are both open but you have to decide if its worth the walk.
Definitely walk over to B6. Newly remodeled, nicer restrooms, and you have to walk over that way anyway to exit the airport from C. Just go up the escalators instead of using the tunnel exit.

You are correct that currently no showers available at United ORD.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
C16 lounge closing

Looks like the C16 United Club may be temporarily closed now... Just got the following email in connection with a trip starting this Sunday (highlighting mine):

Chicago O’Hare United Club and lounge updates

We have several construction projects underway at Chicago O’Hare to renovate all of our United Club locations by May 2017 and to introduce our first United Polaris lounge for all of our long-haul international premium cabin travelers. Here’s what you need to know:

• Our redesigned and expanded United Club location near Gate B6 is now open

The United Club location and United Global First Lounge near Gate C16 are currently closed

• Please visit our United Club locations near gates B6 and B18 in Terminal 1 and near Gate F8 in Terminal 2

We’re converting the United Global First Lounge into our first, brand-new United Polaris lounge, opening December 1, 2016. We are also making upgrades to the United Club location in Concourse C.

We appreciate your patience as we work to bring you an upgraded club and lounge experience. Please visit united.com/unitedclublocations for up-to-date information on our United Club locations and other lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.