Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:34 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by goodeats21
On the plus side, the tunnel temp is usually very cool.
Speaking of, and somewhat unrelated to the discussions...

Has anyone else thought ORD has finally felt 'right' temperature-wise? I don't travel a ton in the summer, but I remember in previous years all UA terminals, B, C, E/F--have been way too warm. Hot, humid, muggy and just downright uncomfortable.

My three trips (6 times passing through) have actually been pleasant this year...Despite 85-90 degrees outside, ORD has been a comfortable low- to mid-70s for a change. I like it!

...Or had previous trips covering several years in the summer just been an anomaly when the AC was not working properly?

...And not even going to mention getting on a CR2 where the APU isn't working, having just flown in 50 people from Tulsa 20 minutes prior.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Speaking of, and somewhat unrelated to the discussions...

Has anyone else thought ORD has finally felt 'right' temperature-wise? I don't travel a ton in the summer, but I remember in previous years all UA terminals, B, C, E/F--have been way too warm. Hot, humid, muggy and just downright uncomfortable.

My three trips (6 times passing through) have actually been pleasant this year...Despite 85-90 degrees outside, ORD has been a comfortable low- to mid-70s for a change. I like it!

...Or had previous trips covering several years in the summer just been an anomaly when the AC was not working properly?

...And not even going to mention getting on a CR2 where the APU isn't working, having just flown in 50 people from Tulsa 20 minutes prior.
I agree with you. This year has been more comfortable, temp wise, at ORD. The narrow part of the connector between T1 and T2 still runs a bit hot, but only takes a minute to walk through that part.

T2 in particular feels much better than previous summers.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
They need an express lane at Clubs for members to check-in.

Last edited by goalie; Aug 15, 2016 at 5:28 pm Reason: off topic snark removed
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
I intentionally avoid ORD during the mid-summer times due to weather issues but had to go through there a few weeks ago on my way to SEA. UC total zoo. Best choice is over at B18 .. but also packed to the gills at peak time.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by klevin99
for those that think we one time pass holders should be happy with being shut out of the clubs in chicago, let me give you my perspective. After flight delays forced spouse and me to miss a connection and be bumped to a much later flight, I did not dread the four hour layover here in ORD because of the thought of the club. But no. This even though I pay for the one time pass as part of the card annual fee. And today is one of the rare opportunities to get good use out of the pass.

As a result of this shoddy treatment, we'll be cancelling our chase united cards, since they can't deliver benefit when and where we want it.
I'm with you flying ORD to EWR to TLV and now I find out I won't be able to use passes in ORD and EWR.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by marion10
I'm with you flying ORD to EWR to TLV and now I find out I won't be able to use passes in ORD and EWR.
You can use your passes at ORD at the F terminal club and EWR may or may not be available - you may have to check a different UC depending on the time of day. There are multiple renovations occurring and space is limited.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by UAGLOBAL
A temporary United Club is being opened in the next few weeks to help relieve crowding. It is going to be located under/behind the escalator that takes you from B concourse down to the light tunnel. Will be small, but hopefully lessen the craziness that is B16. Only open until B6 opens this fall.
Anyone see any activity for this? Wondering when it will be open?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
I wasn't looking closely but didn't see it. In B16 right now. Wow this place is over-run. Craziness is right.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
A temporary United Club is being opened in the next few weeks to help relieve crowding. It is going to be located under/behind the escalator that takes you from B concourse down to the light tunnel. Will be small, but hopefully lessen the craziness that is B16. Only open until B6 opens this fall.
I sure hope this is true. The current situation is untenable, but they should have known this would happen.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
I was through that tunnel on Thursday. While I'm not well-known for my skills of perception when I'm trying to get out of ORD and to my car...I didn't see anything that remotely looked like construction down there.

-mvitale
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the reports. I will be ORD early this week, so was wondering what the options would be.

I have been using T2 exclusively. One look at the clubs in T1 was enough to convince me to stay away.

Depending on time, I will take a look in the tunnel to see if anything is brewing.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Ok I looked closer at this and I noticed that under and behind the escalators from B into the light tunnel there is a construction wall and a tarp. It's pretty far back behind where the escalator bottom is. I'm not sure what is back there but I'd imagine it's quite a dungeon like location. Might help with the overcrowding here on at least a temporary basis. And the dungeon environs would be well suited for the lounge dragons.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Thanks for the reports. I will be ORD early this week, so was wondering what the options would be.

I have been using T2 exclusively. One look at the clubs in T1 was enough to convince me to stay away.

Depending on time, I will take a look in the tunnel to see if anything is brewing.
I asked about it while passing through earlier. It is supposed to be located directly under the stairs/escalators coming down to the tunnel from the B Concourse, in the space between the escalators and the exit to go to baggage claim. As noted by another poster, the plan is for it to be open only until B6 reopens.

A few rumours circulating -
1) Supposed to be used to accommodate pass holders
2) Supposedly the construction permit still hasn't been approved
3) It will only have space for about 50 people

B6 is currently scheduled to re-open 1October. At some point after B6 re-opens, the C16 club will temporarily close to complete the renovations there. Don't expect the C16 UC to be much different in size than it is now (plus the blocked off area for the temp GFL).
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cawhite
I asked about it while passing through earlier. It is supposed to be located directly under the stairs/escalators coming down to the tunnel from the B Concourse, in the space between the escalators and the exit to go to baggage claim and only enough room for about 50 people. As noted by another poster, the plan is for it to be open only until B6 reopens. A couple of rumours circulating -

B6 is currently scheduled to re-open 1October. At some point after B6 re-opens, the C16 club will temporarily close to complete the renovations there. Don't expect the C16 UC to be much different in size than it is now (plus the blocked off area for the temp GFL).
That's very close to the Pet Relief area. Seems oddly appropriate.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cawhite
I asked about it while passing through earlier. It is supposed to be located directly under the stairs/escalators coming down to the tunnel from the B Concourse, in the space between the escalators and the exit to go to baggage claim. As noted by another poster, the plan is for it to be open only until B6 reopens.

A few rumours circulating -
3) It will only have space for about 50 people

Thanks for the update. Not exactly an appealing prospect. Think I will stick to T2 for the foreseeable future.

I will be eligible for GlobalFirst lounge later this week. Probably check it out due to long layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.