Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

UA Moderator Team
Ocn Vw 1K, l'etoile, J.Edward, goalie, Pat89339, WineCountryUA

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to a new / existing thread if appropriate.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Generally, there are not long discussions of an issue in this thread. If it appears that is needed, the posts will be moved to an existing thread or used as the start of a new separate thread.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to recent previous threads:
Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part II]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part I]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 -Part II]...

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...
Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2019]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lie-flats to/from SFO and/or LAX

For which domestic destinations does UA offer lie-flats on at least some (if not all) flights to/from SFO and/or LAX? Is there a list somewhere?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
For which domestic destinations does UA offer lie-flats on at least some (if not all) flights to/from SFO and/or LAX? Is there a list somewhere?
Relevant thread to start at: United Domestic Lie-Flat Seat Routes (other than p.s.)?
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Has anyone had issues with United-ticketed itineraries not having valid ANA PNRs?

I changed my SFO-SIN roundtrip to SFO-HND-KUL/SIN-NRT-SFO and the ANA portions just don't show up even with ANA PNR that United agents gave me. No seat selection and check-in, etc.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Enhancements
Has anyone had issues with United-ticketed itineraries not having valid ANA PNRs?

I changed my SFO-SIN roundtrip to SFO-HND-KUL/SIN-NRT-SFO and the ANA portions just don't show up even with ANA PNR that United agents gave me. No seat selection and check-in, etc.
Is the PNR the agent gave you the same as shows on the website (when you view your reservation)? Here's a reference for how to find it: link. Or: have you called ANA and just given your UA confirmation? Sometimes UA agents give you something incorrect — no idea what it is — but it seems ANA agents are able to figure it out using your UA confirmation.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
Or: have you called ANA and just given your UA confirmation? Sometimes UA agents give you something incorrect — no idea what it is — but it seems ANA agents are able to figure it out using your UA confirmation.
You can get your PNR from any airline using name and flight number / date.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
You can get your PNR from any airline using name and flight number / date.
—another good method. Ticket number and name also typically work. (I haven't tried that with ANA but have with other airlines)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Is the PNR the agent gave you the same as shows on the website (when you view your reservation)? Here's a reference for how to find it: link. Or: have you called ANA and just given your UA confirmation? Sometimes UA agents give you something incorrect — no idea what it is — but it seems ANA agents are able to figure it out using your UA confirmation.
Yep- they do match. I've had a conference call with ANA and UA agents and they still couldn't figure out what's up. I feel like I'd get more traction at the airport ticketing desk at this stage, but was just wondering if this had ever happened to someone else.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: United Gold
Got my 1K kit for 2019 today (those coasters are horrible, I tossed them immediately). Anyways, I'm not sure what to do with the beverage coupons. I don't drink and I fly mostly internationally anyway where I think drinks are free. I was thinking of giving them to the flight attendants so they can use them for passengers (or themselves!). Any other ideas?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
—another good method. Ticket number and name also typically work. (I haven't tried that with ANA but have with other airlines)
Originally Posted by Enhancements
Yep- they do match. I've had a conference call with ANA and UA agents and they still couldn't figure out what's up. I feel like I'd get more traction at the airport ticketing desk at this stage, but was just wondering if this had ever happened to someone else.
Just wanted to echo, if you haven't tried it already (in which case apologies for the redunancy), the suggestion to try the ticket number. I had an itinerary that was UA metal TATL and EI/LH intra-Europe, where the LH PNR got "lost" somehow when the ticket was changed (purchased as T, upfared to W to apply GPUs). After the upgrade cleared, I was able to use the LH PNR to pull up everything *except* the LH-operated segment. But phone agents were able to soothe my concerns by locating everything using the 016 ticket number (which had changed/been reissued somewhere along the line).
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
Got my 1K kit for 2019 today (those coasters are horrible, I tossed them immediately). Anyways, I'm not sure what to do with the beverage coupons. I don't drink and I fly mostly internationally anyway where I think drinks are free. I was thinking of giving them to the flight attendants so they can use them for passengers (or themselves!). Any other ideas?
I tend to give mine to service members on flights, especially if they are on their way to deploying overseas.

Not sure the FAs will take them from you, as it may give the appearance they are swiping them after redeeming or something.
jb64 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I tend to give mine to service members on flights, especially if they are on their way to deploying overseas.
Great idea! Thanks goodeats21. There are usually at least a few military personnel on my flights to Tokyo on their way to Yokosuka or another base in Asia.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: United silver, Marriott platinum, Southwest CP
If I have an in cabin pet does it count as my carry on even though goes under the seat? Am I just allowed a personal item even though it will have to go in the overhead bin?

This is a paid for animal not an emotional or service animal.

Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:31 pm

Anyone know why a search of flights from EWR to SIN doesn’t turn up SQ22, the one direct flight operated by Singapore Air while other, connecting flights from SQ are available?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Yaddablahblah
Anyone know why a search of flights from EWR to SIN doesn’t turn up SQ22, the one direct flight operated by Singapore Air while other, connecting flights from SQ are available?
EWR-SIN is SQ21
SIN-EWR is SQ22

Not sure why it won't show. That flight only has Premium Economy and Business I think. What class/search parameters are you using?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yaddablahblah
If you searching for a paid ticket, United doesn't want to sell you that flight.

If you're searching for an award ticket, there are no *A awards for PE, and SQ doesn't usually release long-haul J awards to partner airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.