Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Archive -- UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

earlier discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Most domestic clubs similar version of the food offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs. Although from time to time some experiences occur at various UCs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Originally Posted by fumje
Originally Posted by Doppy
You can get the drink menus at this address:

United . com / XXXdrinks (remove all spaces)
Where you replace XXX with the airport code. None of the above changes are listed on the EWR menu.
You can also get a food menu with ingredients list by using "food" instead of "drinks" in that url.

Menus aren't kept very up to date, though, and many are quite inaccurate. All hub menus appear to be same, but outstation ones vary.

Perhaps they've stopped updating these files now that the pandemic has "ended" (move away from prepackaged, stop emphasizing cleanplus / minimal touch points, etc.).

Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Guess some folks opt to try to "get their money's worth".

David
Seems she might've been trying to get your money's worth too.
LAX UA 1K and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
At IAH E, very different than my last visit

Fresh sandwiches and wraps, brownies are back. There was breakfast when I came in at 10:30 but I didn't pay much attention. No prepackaged stuff.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier 1K
I am at a UA Club right now. The food is atrocious. There is no Centurion Lounge or Priority Pass Lounge at B Terminal in Orlando/MCO so paying $59 on a business trip for access was my only option so that my wife and I can use the 2 passes I get from the Explorer card on our vacation.

The thing is, if you ever have a United ticket and it says "GOLD" anywhere on it and you are flying to Europe or a few of the airports in the US that have them, give the Lufthansa lounges a visit. They are FAR better in terms of food, provide warm food etc. And especially in Europe Lufthansa realizes that they have to compete well with the Asian airlines. In the US there is no such pressure. Although the Centurion Lounges from Amex do provide much, much better food than the airline lounges.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mileagehugger2022
I am at a UA Club right now. The food is atrocious. There is no Centurion Lounge or Priority Pass Lounge at B Terminal in Orlando/MCO so paying $59 on a business trip for access was my only option so that my wife and I can use the 2 passes I get from the Explorer card on our vacation.

The thing is, if you ever have a United ticket and it says "GOLD" anywhere on it and you are flying to Europe or a few of the airports in the US that have them, give the Lufthansa lounges a visit. They are FAR better in terms of food, provide warm food etc. And especially in Europe Lufthansa realizes that they have to compete well with the Asian airlines. In the US there is no such pressure. Although the Centurion Lounges from Amex do provide much, much better food than the airline lounges.
I think the Club in terminal B is a Priority Pass lounge. I haven't used that one get, but might be worth a visit.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Is there any rhyme or reason (location, time of day, size of club, etc.) on the type of soup that is offered? I have flown through IAH/DEN/IAD/DCA/EWR/ORD multiple times over the last few months & it's been Tomato Basil 95% of the time. The only exception has been 1 Broccoli & Cheddar (my favorite) & 1 Italian wedding.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mileagehugger2022

Originally Posted by quikj
I think the Club in terminal B is a Priority Pass lounge. I haven't used that one get, but might be worth a visit.
Yes, the Club is Priority Pass, and in term B. You just have to take the train twice each way if using UA gates (5 minutes to get back is adequate). The food isn't really better than UC, but at least it's different.

Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
Is there any rhyme or reason (location, time of day, size of club, etc.) on the type of soup that is offered? I have flown through IAH/DEN/IAD/DCA/EWR/ORD multiple times over the last few months & it's been Tomato Basil 95% of the time. The only exception has been 1 Broccoli & Cheddar (my favorite) & 1 Italian wedding.
I've only seen Tomato Basil and Broccoli Cheddar. Feels random to me. I like Italian wedding better than those two, but actually what I would prefer is the one labelled Thai chicken (something like that). It was vaguely curry flavoured and had rice in it; a little bit weird but pretty good, I felt.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Nice rice & gumbo, flatbread pizza at MSY UC today. Delicious!
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
LAX had a ramen bar together with tomato basil earlier this month:

but had Chicken Poblano in December:

Last time I visited LAS, they had the Italian Wedding:

In February, EWR clubs had both Minestrone as well as Tuscan white bean:

David
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
At SFO Rotunda club today (late afternoon) basket of Goli samples put out w/$10 GCs. Was leaving club, so I couldn’t hang out and see who was going to empty the basket with one grab.

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Can you also post a picture of the ingredients?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SS255
Can you also post a picture of the ingredients?
Our Full List of Ingredients:
Apple Cider Vinegar Powder, Organic Beetroot, Organic Pomegranate, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B12, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Water, Organic Cane Sugar, Pectin, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Natural Apple Flavors, Organic fruit and vegetable juice (for color).
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Early morning connections at LAX Friday and Monday, the UC had greek yogurt, granola, berries, and honey, i.e., make your own yogurt parfait. This is my breakfast of choice, and it was really good. Wish they offered same at SFO!
SPN Lifer and SS255 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Forgot to mention the two hots at LAS back on 03/23/22:

David
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
while my club experiences have pretty much been limited to United/Continental, with a few EK and 2 former NW clubs, I couldn't help but laugh when I stopped into the SEA UC on arrival, Thursday, and then ended up changing plans and flying DL to LAX yesterday and went into the SEA SkyClub with a colleague, I was floored at how much of a difference there was. Outside of the toddler food offerings by UA, I enjoyed being in a SkyClub at a hub, and finding a place to sit......unlike every UA club I go to.

Get it together UA, you suck!

rare chocolate delicacy from Jersey in the United Club

wow!
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CALMSP
while my club experiences have pretty much been limited to United/Continental, with a few EK and 2 former NW clubs, I couldn't help but laugh when I stopped into the SEA UC on arrival, Thursday, and then ended up changing plans and flying DL to LAX yesterday and went into the SEA SkyClub with a colleague, I was floored at how much of a difference there was. Outside of the toddler food offerings by UA, I enjoyed being in a SkyClub at a hub, and finding a place to sit......unlike every UA club I go to.

Get it together UA, you suck!
The difference between UC and SkyClub at SEA is absolutely shocking. The AS N lounge is also pretty nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.