Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...

Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Archive -- UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

earlier discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Most domestic clubs similar version of the food offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs. Although from time to time some experiences occur at various UCs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Originally Posted by fumje
Originally Posted by Doppy
You can get the drink menus at this address:

United . com / XXXdrinks (remove all spaces)
Where you replace XXX with the airport code. None of the above changes are listed on the EWR menu.
You can also get a food menu with ingredients list by using "food" instead of "drinks" in that url.

Menus aren't kept very up to date, though, and many are quite inaccurate. All hub menus appear to be same, but outstation ones vary.

Perhaps they've stopped updating these files now that the pandemic has "ended" (move away from prepackaged, stop emphasizing cleanplus / minimal touch points, etc.).

Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...

Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Five and a half hours--and counting--of wx delays at DCA today have allowed an usually detailed inspection of the UC food options there. Some notes:
  • The breakfast menu included somewhat normal-sized bagels but no toaster for them, which made them a nonstarter.
  • They also had out two wrapped croissant sandwiches, one labeled "salmon" and the other "shrimp," but I wasn't hungry enough at the time (silly me, I didn't realize I had at least three more hours to while away here).
  • The rest of the breakfast spread was the usual set of prepackaged stuff, like hard-boiled eggs and Chobani yogurt.
  • For lunch, I had the soup--a delicious roasted red pepper and smoked gouda bisque.
  • No prewrapped sandwiches at lunch to match what they had at breakfast.
  • Very good brownie slices, also prewrapped.
  • They just now put some individually packaged servings of chicken salad, which might be my next snack. (Update: It was, and a tasty snack at that.)
Overall, this is an improvement over the pre-pandemic options. That said, I'd just as soon be on an airplane now instead of nearing six hours waiting to depart...
kirkwoodj and Kacee like this.

Last edited by DCA writer; Jan 3, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:24 pm

DFW UC

A cold sandwich

Meatballs and a Fruit Cobbler
Not pictured: vegetable soup

Most impressive for an outstation UC
zeer0 and itripreport like this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by ual744777sta

A cold sandwich

Meatballs and a Fruit Cobbler
Not pictured: vegetable soup

Most impressive for an outstation UC
Those both look great!
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
The LAS club was ridiculously better than I remembered from pre-pandemic times this morning. They had a charcuterie board of sorts--slices of ham and hard-boiled egg, plus artichoke-tomato-mozzarella-olive skewers--followed by a tray of scrambled eggs that came streaked with melted cheese and flecked with parsley and roasted bell pepper. The wrapped croissants, bagels, waffles and muffins next to that weren't that special, but then at the bar I found a chicken-and-waffles station, with a choice of toppings that included strawberries and banana slices in some kind of syrup. I kept thinking "This is a United Club? And not at LHR or even a domestic hub, but an outstation?" I didn't even think of checking out The Club, the Priority Pass lounge closer to United's gates at LAS.

Note also the fresh fruit, not that anybody goes to Vegas for their health.

Note to self for the next time: try making a breakfast sandwich by combining the eggs with some of those ham slices in one of the croissants.

To be fair, the chicken had spent a little too much time under a heat lamp.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Maybe the LAS improvements is due to CES.
LAX UA 1K and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Maybe the LAS improvements is due to CES.
Could be! Although United should have known better than most that a lot fewer people would show up this year: By late December they had cut fares to and from LAS so much that I was able to cancel my CES flights and book comparable ones for well under half the price.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
At the Newark club in Terminal A.
Apparently they have changed the house liqours. Instead of Beefeater, they are now pouring "Fleischmann's"
Definitely a step back.

I don't have the entire lineup. Smirnoff stayed, but Johnnie Walker Red has replaced the bourbon...was it Evan Williams? I don't recall.
I am told no house bourbon is available (but it is a substitute bartender, so might not be getting accurate info on that.)

Anyway, significant changes being rolled out.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Apparently they have changed the house liqours. Instead of Beefeater, they are now pouring "Fleischmann's"
Definitely a step back.

I don't have the entire lineup. Smirnoff stayed, but Johnnie Walker Red has replaced the bourbon...was it Evan Williams? I don't recall.
I am told no house bourbon is available (but it is a substitute bartender, so might not be getting accurate info on that.)

Yes, bourbon was Evan Williams. Walker Red seems like a slight step up, relative to Evan Williams, although I believe the scotch used to be Cutty Sark, so maybe that's more of a lateral move.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Definitely a step back.

Fleischmann's??? That's like turpentine. NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Elola likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by elitefreak
yeah. Just tried it. By itself is bad.
With tonic is better, but not even close to Beefeaters.
Big downgrade.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by elitefreak
yeah. Just tried it. By itself is bad.
With tonic is better, but not even close to Beefeaters.
Big downgrade.
Hope you're not blind today.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Yes, bourbon was Evan Williams. Walker Red seems like a slight step up, relative to Evan Williams, although I believe the scotch used to be Cutty Sark, so maybe that's more of a lateral move.
I would consider Walker Red to be a step up from Cutty Sark!
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I would consider Walker Red to be a step up from Cutty Sark!
Perhaps. I think I'd still take either with soda water, not neat. Walker Black definitely would be a step up, as if that ever might happen!
SPN Lifer and rittenhousesq like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
although I believe the scotch used to be Cutty Sark, so maybe that's more of a lateral move.
That's what they had in EWR C last year. Not my favorite.

Walker Black definitely would be a step up, as if that ever might happen!
Another reason why I prefer to avoid UA/EWR on premium transcons. JW Black, et al. available (self-pour) in the AA FL at JFK.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by econ
That's what they had in EWR C last year. Not my favorite.

Another reason why I prefer to avoid UA/EWR on premium transcons. JW Black, et al. available (self-pour) in the AA FL at JFK.
At least UA has Glenfarclas on board. Pretty sure AA only has Dewers?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.