Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Archive -- UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

earlier discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Most domestic clubs similar version of the food offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs. Although from time to time some experiences occur at various UCs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Originally Posted by fumje
Originally Posted by Doppy
You can get the drink menus at this address:

United . com / XXXdrinks (remove all spaces)
Where you replace XXX with the airport code. None of the above changes are listed on the EWR menu.
You can also get a food menu with ingredients list by using "food" instead of "drinks" in that url.

Menus aren't kept very up to date, though, and many are quite inaccurate. All hub menus appear to be same, but outstation ones vary.

Perhaps they've stopped updating these files now that the pandemic has "ended" (move away from prepackaged, stop emphasizing cleanplus / minimal touch points, etc.).

Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by DELee
Did you partake?

David
No I did not, having enjoyed lovely breakfast offerings at the CL. Just stopping by for recon as UC was next to my gate
DELee likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
AUS UC shots from 10/02/22:

David
kirkwoodj and goodeats21 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
IAD C17 had a really nice chef table last Thursday with roast pork

TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassadorless / UA 1K / National Executive Elite
UA Club - FLL 3/31/23

Interesting "Take" on Mini Tuna Taco's....

kirkwoodj and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I wonder if they ran out of tortillas and someone thought this was an ok sub?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BmanCCP
UA Club - FLL 3/31/23

Ha! Too bad it's not 04/01/23.

David
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by BmanCCP
UA Club - FLL 3/31/23

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
I wonder if they ran out of tortillas and someone thought this was an ok sub?
On 4/2/23, they were little bruschetta breads.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
On 4/2/23, they were little bruschetta breads.
But still called them "tacos"?

David
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by DELee
But still called them "tacos"?

David
Yessir. Signage was exactly the same. We had a good laugh on that one. Can't wait to show her the wonderbread.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassadorless / UA 1K / National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Yessir. Signage was exactly the same. We had a good laugh on that one. Can't wait to show her the wonderbread.
Hilarious!
Old Apr 6, 2023, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I was at the IAD D8 club on Tuesday afternoon and they had a chef serving food! Food tasted great and he was quite the character, larger than life and interacting with all the guests. Hope this a regular thing at the clubs!

Scifience, st530 and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
I wish I had a "before" picture of the DCA UC in 2014 or 2015 to compare with this photo of the spread put out Friday afternoon. From left to right, since not all of it's obvious without labels visible in the pic: a charcuterie plate featuring thick slabs of brie (plus orange cheese cubes in what I took as a nod to tradition), crackers, cole slaw, a cucumber-olive-tomato salad, veggie wraps, Hawaiian bread rolls, one slow cooker of pulled chicken (with two kinds of mambo sauce, a D.C.-specific condiment), another slow cooker full of mac and cheese, an array of salad ingredients, tortilla chips, salsa. Three plates of dessert to the right of this frame complete the offerings.

Alas, the free beer selection remains stuck at the same two crummy macrobrews (Bud and Coors or Miller, as if they taste that different) offered eight or nine years ago....

SPN Lifer and st530 like this.

Last edited by DCA writer; Nov 12, 2023 at 5:43 pm Reason: They do have decent beer for sale.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 3:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DCA writer
I wish I had a "before" picture of the DCA UC in 2014 or 2015 to compare with this photo of the spread put out Friday afternoon. From left to right, since not all of it's obvious without labels visible in the pic: a charcuterie plate featuring thick slabs of brie (plus orange cheese cubes in what I took as a nod to tradition), crackers, cole slaw, a cucumber-olive-tomato salad, veggie wraps, Hawaiian bread rolls, one slow cooker of pulled chicken (with two kinds of mambo sauce, a D.C.-specific condiment), another slow cooker full of mac and cheese, an array of salad ingredients, tortilla chips, salsa. Three plates of dessert to the right of this frame complete the offerings.

Alas, the beer selection remains stuck at the same two crummy macrobrews (Bud and Coors or Miller, as if they taste that different) offered eight or nine years ago....

I think I remember the late CMK10 posted some photos of the old club upthread about a year ago. Nevertheless, yes the food offerings here are now pretty good for an outstation. I still wish UA would convince MWAA to renovate the terrace and open that up. I can’t imagine how packed that old club would be with the amount of UA traffic these days. The current club gets quite crowded even with its extension about 5 years ago.
SPN Lifer, DCA writer and zeer0 like this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by DCA writer

Alas, the beer selection remains stuck at the same two crummy macrobrews (Bud and Coors or Miller, as if they taste that different) offered eight or nine years ago....

Was there again this Wed. Always a tasty selection. Although the bar was out of Rombauer.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum

Very nice effort at DCA UC on Xmas Eve! Merry Christmas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.