Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Latest offer good until 25 June 2018
Check offer

March 12, 2018 offer good thru March 19, 2018
Terms and conditions:
1. Offer is for select United MileagePlus® members and only the original recipient of this offer is eligible to participate.
2. All Premier® qualifying miles ("PQM") and Premier qualifying segments ("PQS") purchased with this offer are nonrefundable.
3. Must be a MileagePlus member to participate in this offer.
4. Offer allows, per member, a maximum purchase of 15,000 PQM and 15 PQS toward 2018 PQM and PQS balance and 2019 Premier status qualification. PQM and PQS purchases must be made in increments of 1,000 PQM and 1 PQS; there is no minimum PQM and PQS purchase. Purchased PQM and PQS will be posted to the 2018 PQM and PQS balance in the account of the member listed on the purchase page.
5. PQM and PQS purchased through this offer only count toward qualification for 2019 Premier status and do not count toward and may not be used for award redemption.
6. PQM and PQS purchases do not count toward the Premier qualifying dollar ("PQD") requirement for Premier status qualification.
7. Purchases only supplement a member's 2018 PQM and PQS balance and can help you meet the PQM and PQS requirements for Premier status qualification but do not guarantee status qualification. As part of qualification for any Premier level, members must fly a minimum of four paid flights operated by United® or United Express® during a calendar year and satisfy any applicable PQD requirements. (Certain Chase cardholders are exempt from the minimum flight requirement.) View Premier status qualification requirements.
8. All PQM and PQS are sold in U.S. dollars through this offer.
9. A customer can make a purchase in connection with this offer only once.
10. Other restrictions apply.
11. Fees may vary by member. Offer and fees are subject to change without notice.
12. PQM/PQS purchased through this offer will be posted to the member's account within 7 business days of the purchase date. If the member qualifies for the next Premier status level through this offer, the member's Premier status level may also take up to 7 business days to update in the member's account.
Previous threads:
Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2017]
Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2016]
Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2015]
Print Wikipost

Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
These offers always puzzle me. I have a Biz fare to Milan with stopovers in Munich and London. It's netting me 27,000 PQM for $3500. I get the BIS, the RDM, and PQM for ~12 cpm. Plus the 5X Amex points for buying the ticket. And I get to go somewhere too.
Xyzzy, Kannai and findark like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
This would be tempting if not for the fact that I wouldn't get PQD for it. (IIRC the offer I just got today is also for $1900 or so.)
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
Wow. I just got 1500 for US$2810! I guess they don't like me... or they see that I'm about one transpacific flight shorter than normal for this time of year. If I'm spending that much money for 1500 PQMs, I'd rather have a nice weekend away. (I don't need PQDs since I live in Japan.)
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
UA Offering Option to Purchase PQMs & PQSs (thru June 25, 2018)

FWIW, when I was over on mystatus.united.com, the following was displayed:

The link pops a new tab with the following URL:
When I log in / sign in, I get the following offers:

David
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:29 pm

Clearly all signs point to good deals ahead...

pass / decline / would rather mileage run
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
PQM Purchase Offer

I searched the forum and by quick glance could not find the right thread.

I frequently receive a special offer from UA to purchase PQMs. The best deal appears to net out to $.187 per PQM. However, when I look at the Premier accelerator purchase on any of my upcoming flights, it is usually $.02 per mile PLUS $.11 per PQM. The net always being much better than the "special offer."

Am I missing something? Should UA just title the email "Are you stupid?"
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timbre
Am I missing something? Should UA just title the email "Are you stupid?"
Well, considering that you can almost always earn the PQMs cheaper by actually flying them...

The only thing you're missing is that not everyone knows about Premier Accelerator. Also, Premier Accelerator prices vary; right now I have options from 2¢+8¢ to 2.5¢+11¢. Later in the year, some of these options will be much higher.

UA basically throws these offers out because they're essentially free profit; then, they wait to see who'll bite, and at what price point.
username likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
Originally Posted by jsloan
Well, considering that you can almost always earn the PQMs cheaper by actually flying them...

The only thing you're missing is that not everyone knows about Premier Accelerator. Also, Premier Accelerator prices vary; right now I have options from 2¢+8¢ to 2.5¢+11¢. Later in the year, some of these options will be much higher.

UA basically throws these offers out because they're essentially free profit; then, they wait to see who'll bite, and at what price point.
Thank you, Jsloan ... I just looked at other itineraries that I have booked and indeed, my best offer is $.02 + $.08 ...
jsloan likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
So, a) my offer has expired, even though it's not the 25th, b) it was as expensive as Kannai's, c) I am seeing premier accelerator at $.02+$.10 for my next flight, and d) my position with miles, thresholds,and booked future threshold makes it highly unlikely that I am the sort of target who would bite.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by porciuscato
These offers always puzzle me. I have a Biz fare to Milan with stopovers in Munich and London. It's netting me 27,000 PQM for $3500. I get the BIS, the RDM, and PQM for ~12 cpm. Plus the 5X Amex points for buying the ticket. And I get to go somewhere too.
This year, I am struggling to make 1K because I am working on a project a lot closer to home. With the year half way gone, I am slightly behind 50% on PQM and PQD.

I was lucky to have found a TPAC P Fare for about 31K PQM for about US$2000. So, I should be OK on the PQM front and get to visit somewhere (and trying to make Hilton Diamond) (Offer from UA is US$2,810 for 15,000 PQM.)

PQD is still TBD though. This offer does not give you PQD for the money spent - that is another problem.

Won't even try next year - 1MM so whether I fly 0 or 74,999 miles, there is no difference.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kannai
Wow. I just got 1500 for US$2810! I guess they don't like me... or they see that I'm about one transpacific flight shorter than normal for this time of year. If I'm spending that much money for 1500 PQMs, I'd rather have a nice weekend away. (I don't need PQDs since I live in Japan.)
They sent me the same offer too. My current reservations are only enough to take me to 95000 PQM, but I'll be booking another TPAC soon. They might be thinking that I might be desperate enough to pay $1K for 1K, or they just think I'm stupid financially careless enough to take the bait

Going through my e-mail, I also noticed that UA's offering my a whopping 1500 RDM if I get a Saison MileagePlus Amex and spend ¥100k on it...no thanks, I'll just churn the Chase MileagePlus cards

Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Yet another offer, this one expires at the end of July:

1000-$150
15000- $1980

Essentially a repeat of my May offer.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Just got a new offer, expires August 27th.

As expected, much worse than May offer of 15,000 PQM's for $1820.

This offer - 15,000 PQM's for $3470 !
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Just got a new offer, expires August 27th.

As expected, much worse than May offer of 15,000 PQM's for $1820.

This offer - 15,000 PQM's for $3470 !
Not surprising, Premiere accelerator miles purchased in conjunction with ticket (miles or cash) also get more expensive as EoY approaches @:-)
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
I got this (no status on UA) and also logged in as wife who is Gold and cost was the same so looks cheaper than June offer (as per posts above).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.