Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2018]

Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Latest offer good until 25 June 2018
Check offer

March 12, 2018 offer good thru March 19, 2018
Terms and conditions:
1. Offer is for select United MileagePlus members and only the original recipient of this offer is eligible to participate.
2. All Premier qualifying miles ("PQM") and Premier qualifying segments ("PQS") purchased with this offer are nonrefundable.
3. Must be a MileagePlus member to participate in this offer.
4. Offer allows, per member, a maximum purchase of 15,000 PQM and 15 PQS toward 2018 PQM and PQS balance and 2019 Premier status qualification. PQM and PQS purchases must be made in increments of 1,000 PQM and 1 PQS; there is no minimum PQM and PQS purchase. Purchased PQM and PQS will be posted to the 2018 PQM and PQS balance in the account of the member listed on the purchase page.
5. PQM and PQS purchased through this offer only count toward qualification for 2019 Premier status and do not count toward and may not be used for award redemption.
6. PQM and PQS purchases do not count toward the Premier qualifying dollar ("PQD") requirement for Premier status qualification.
7. Purchases only supplement a member's 2018 PQM and PQS balance and can help you meet the PQM and PQS requirements for Premier status qualification but do not guarantee status qualification. As part of qualification for any Premier level, members must fly a minimum of four paid flights operated by United or United Express during a calendar year and satisfy any applicable PQD requirements. (Certain Chase cardholders are exempt from the minimum flight requirement.) View Premier status qualification requirements.
8. All PQM and PQS are sold in U.S. dollars through this offer.
9. A customer can make a purchase in connection with this offer only once.
10. Other restrictions apply.
11. Fees may vary by member. Offer and fees are subject to change without notice.
12. PQM/PQS purchased through this offer will be posted to the member's account within 7 business days of the purchase date. If the member qualifies for the next Premier status level through this offer, the member's Premier status level may also take up to 7 business days to update in the member's account.
Previous threads:
Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2017]
Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2016]
Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2015]
Print Wikipost

Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2018]

Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold

Just got an offer to buy PQM. 15k miles for $2,230 Only good thru March 19th.

Anyone else get this and what was your offer?

PQM to date is ~23,000 and PQD ~3,000

Last edited by DCEsquire; Mar 12, 2018 at 11:56 am Reason: Added PQM PQD to Date
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
I think my 15k PQM was $1,730.

PQM balance to date: 11,XXX PQS balance to date: 18 PQD balance to date: $3,2XX
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:55 am
vca

$2230 for 15,000 PQMs

They don't count as PQDs, they don't accrue any actual miles that you can redeem, and you don't get to go anywhere.

Did Scott Kirby come up with this promo on the toilet?
mc0107 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lilpisher
I think my 15k PQM was $1,730.

PQM balance to date: 11,XXX PQS balance to date: 18 PQD balance to date: $3,2XX
Same for 15k on my end too. $130 for just 1,000 PQM.

The incremental pricing is strange and the best value by price per mile goes up and down (out 4 decimals, but still).
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by vca

They don't count as PQDs, they don't accrue any actual miles that you can redeem, and you don't get to go anywhere.
I believe that's the way this has always worked - even before Kirby. It's a chance to opt up your PQM/PQS.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
For whom would this be attractive, especially in March? The status threads almost exclusively have people short not of PQM but of PQD. (I'm at less than 6 cents per PQM flying mostly on P fares.)
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by joe_miami
For whom would this be attractive, especially in March? The status threads almost exclusively have people short not of PQM but of PQD. (I'm at less than 6 cents per PQM flying mostly on P fares.)
Those of us that live in Chicago and mostly travel short-haul domestic. I'm normally 1.5 to 2x the PQD threshold for 1k and am lucky if I can get to 85,000 PQMs.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Got it but totally don't need it since future flights put me well above the 1K requirements. Not really seeing the value of getting this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
Agreed. Why are they offering this so early in the year? I fly mostly long haul economy and my current year to date PQM is only 4 cents per mile.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tvhead
Why are they offering this so early in the year?
It's the PT Barnum theory, which drives much of UA's efforts to sell miles.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tvhead
... Why are they offering this so early in the year? ....
This is been offered annually ( and multiple times in the year) for a couple of years -- it was offered in March and again in June & August in 2017, June & Sept in 2016, May 2015
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
13-14cpm?? Who the heck is the target market here? You can easily get ~30k PQM along with RDM & PQD, from a MR P-fare to Asia from the West coast, for pretty darned close to the same amount they're charging here for... nothing.

There must be a lot of rich, status-conscious people that are also lazy and don't like travelling, even as they chase their UA status! *boggle* Someone should do an economics and/or business school case study on anybody who actually buys this. It would make for fascinating reading...
ecoomer and vca like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

It's easy for me to find an expensive short flight (PQD). Not so easy for me to find the time to fly the miles this year (PQM).
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
But if you’re not flying the miles, is 1k really worth $2,300 more than Plat?
Miggles likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Plat
My offer is similar: 1kPQM/1PQS = $170, 15k/15 = $2,230, or any increment in between.
Currently 22k PQM / 24 PQS / $3800 PQD
On many of my cnx itins, I can buy up A for <$200, and get the extra PQS/M (plus RDM, PQD, guaranteed F seat).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.