Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
targeted link --PQM and PQS purchase promotion
April 2017 T&Cs

1. Offer is for select MileagePlus members and only the original recipient of this offer is eligible to participate.
2. All Premier® qualifying miles (“PQM”) and Premier qualifying segments (“PQS”) purchased with this offer are nonrefundable.
3. Must be a MileagePlus member to participate in this offer.
4. Offer allows, per member, a maximum purchase of 15,000 PQM and 15 PQS toward 2017 PQM and PQS balance and 2018 Premier status qualification. PQM and PQS purchases must be made in increments of 1,000 PQM and 1 PQS; there is no minimum PQM and PQS purchase. Purchased PQM and PQS will be posted to the 2017 PQM and PQS balance in the account of the member listed on the purchase page.
5. PQM and PQS purchased through this offer only count toward qualification for 2018 Premier status and do not count toward and may not be used for award redemption.
6. PQM and PQS purchases do not count toward the Premier qualifying dollar (“PQD”) requirement for Premier status qualification.
7. Purchases only supplement a member’s 2017 PQM and PQS balance and can help you meet the PQM and PQS requirements for Premier status qualification but do not guarantee status qualification. As part of qualification for any Premier level, members must fly a minimum of four paid flights operated by United or United Express® during a calendar year and satisfy any applicable PQD requirements. (Certain Chase cardholders are exempt from the minimum flight requirement.) View Premier Status Qualification Requirements
8. All PQM and PQS are sold in U.S. dollars through this offer.
9. A customer can make a purchase in connection with this offer only once.
10. Other restrictions apply.
11. Fees may vary by member. Offer and fees are subject to change without notice.
12. PQM and PQS purchased through this offer will be posted to the account of the member listed on the purchase page within 5-7 business days of the purchase date.
Previous threads:
Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2016]
Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2015]
Print Wikipost

Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K

Purchase Premier qualifying miles and segments today.
You are eligible for a special opportunity to give yourself a boost of up to 15,000 Premier® qualifying miles (PQM) and 15 Premier qualifying segments (PQS). For a limited time, you can purchase PQM and PQS that count toward qualification for 2018 Premier status.
Get a jumpstart to your Premier qualifying activity by purchasing today. Log in with your United MileagePlus® number and password for complete details. This offer is only valid through April 3, 2017.

Max offer i received was 15k PQM + 15 PQS = $1425
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by BZRORG
You are eligible for a special opportunity to give yourself a boost of up to 15,000 Premier® qualifying miles (PQM) and 15 Premier qualifying segments (PQS). For a limited time, you can purchase PQM and PQS that count toward qualification for 2018 Premier status.
Get a jumpstart to your Premier qualifying activity by purchasing today. Log in with your United MileagePlus® number and password for complete details. This offer is only valid through April 3, 2017.

Alas, for me, the issue isn't a lack of miles or segments, but qualifying dollars.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold

Is there a link that you can share?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:48 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Mine were up to 15k @ $2025. Of course, I am already booked to within 15k of retaining 1K (and with hardly any summer or fall travel booked), so UA probably could tell this wasn't going anywhere fast for me and priced accordingly.

As for a link, try: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/mil.../offersmidyear
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Alas, for me, the issue isn't a lack of miles or segments, but qualifying dollars.
My problem too.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Originally Posted by linsj
My problem too.
I see you two are Gold and Silver. Reminder, you can get a UA MP card and 25K spend will waive the PQD requirement. That may be easier for you. My parents "save" thousands of dollars doing this because they are typically able to buy bulk fares ($0 PQD) for less than half the cost of UA's non-bulk fares.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
Mine were up to 15k @ $2025. Of course, I am already booked to within 15k of retaining 1K (and with hardly any summer or fall travel booked), so UA probably could tell this wasn't going anywhere fast for me and priced accordingly.
I received the same offer. But I'm not even booked back to this year's Gold yet, let alone last year's Platinum. At 13.5 CPQM, it's 1.6 CPQM higher than the Awards Accelerator rates I had been consistently getting this year (11.9 CPQM). Emphasis on had -- went in to check and those have all jumped to 15 CPQM. So yeah, somewhere the UA Premier Sponging Machine continues to fail at guessing my interest level.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold

Thanks for this. Interesting. My max is 15k but roughly 2k for that. I just bought some and this looks like the same pricing.

Link works but I'm pretty sure I didn't get the email.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat

Same offer here... I've "only" got 35k PQM traveled already this year... not much booked out in advance yet, but I'm sure it's coming; my schedule is way too dynamic for that. Being a DRW (domestic road warrior) really is no fun ...
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Mine is the same 15c a PQM as well. No Thanks! My Premier Accelerator offers are running at 10c a PQM and i also get RDMs.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
It offered me 15K for $1575. I've only flown 13K PQM so far this year.

Something about buying PQM doesnt sit right with me. I pay them but I'm not really getting anything where I could buy a F seat and at least I get some snacks and a bigger seat where I get more PQM PLUS PQD PLUS RDM
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond

15k PQM + 15 PQS = $1575

Considering I'm a segment guy I might bite on this...my spend will be there to reach 1K....just a question if I hit the segments or not

Last edited by sosptuba; Mar 20, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott/SPG Gold (LT Gold), Hilton Gold, IHG Club, Nat'l Exec Elite

I find it interesting that they are pushing this offer out so early in the calendar year. Any thoughts on the driver other than a revenue generation effort? Being so early, folks may buy up their PQMs/PQSs and then end up hitting it with pure travel.

My offer is 15K PQM / 15 PQS for $1,575.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status

Mine was also 15K @ $2025 - I'm at >60K PQM YTD (although nothing currently booked) and have already cleared the PQD threshold for the year.

I'll pass.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Not eligible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.