Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation is processing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Reservation is processing

Got this on an award itinerary. Booked 3 hours ago. What's normal wait for eticket and itinerary?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
If it's a partner award, it could be up to 24 hours.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If it's a partner award, it could be up to 24 hours.
No partner, just United I believe. Thank you. But I will wait 24 hrs before calling.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
United downgraded from instant ticketing to throwback ticketing a few years ago, it's common to take hours and work fine or days and fail silently.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Is it showing up in the reservation page of your account?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mduell
... it's common to take hours and work fine or days and fail silently.
Common is a bit of an overstatement especially with an all UA operated itin. In >1,000 bookings, I have never had a failure (including partner bookings). Hardly would call failures common -- acknowledging that has happened to others.

Originally Posted by zitsky
Got this on an award itinerary. Booked 3 hours ago. What's normal wait for tickets and itinerary?
Did you use an ETC or is this a rebooking of a previous reservation? Either of those can take longer.
Phil Level likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
happened to my SO and I during an award ticket from SFO - SYD. Got to the check in counter only to hear that it was never ticketed.

Had to call the 1K line and patch them through to the check in counter and they took care of it. Luckily it holds the seat, so as soon as it's pushed through it can be ticketed.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:07 am
Original Poster

No ETC no rebooking. Just a regular award ticket. Open jaw is only thing different. 15 hours and no email yet.

Yes I can see it under my reservations.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mduell
United downgraded from instant ticketing to throwback ticketing a few years ago, it's common to take hours and work fine or days and fail silently.
I my recent experiences, it has improved and is now almost always within a minute or two.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by zitsky
15 hours and no email yet.
At this point, I would be on the phone.
Phil Level likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just hop on the phone. Stay away from the IT issues and just ask for your e-ticket number. An agent can force the ticket if need be. It is either something or nothing. If the former, best to get it fixed now.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Two weeks ago, I got the reservation is processing email but not the real confirmation one. After two hours, I checked my reservations and it was there so I just sent the receipt to my email.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Two weeks ago, I got the reservation is processing email but not the real confirmation one. After two hours, I checked my reservations and it was there so I just sent the receipt to my email.
I've had the same thing on about half of my UA tickets this year - get the initial confirm, but not the follow up email after it's ticketed. I just check "Manage Reservations" to confirm it's ticketed.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've had the same thing on about half of my UA tickets this year - get the initial confirm, but not the follow up email after it's ticketed. I just check "Manage Reservations" to confirm it's ticketed.
Yes, I've even tried to force the receipt email to send and it usually takes 2 or 3 tries this year..
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by findark
Yes, I've even tried to force the receipt email to send and it usually takes 2 or 3 tries this year..
My experience as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.