Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation is processing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Also see Why won't my reservation ticket??
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
I've had the same thing on about half of my UA tickets this year - get the initial confirm, but not the follow up email after it's ticketed. I just check "Manage Reservations" to confirm it's ticketed.
I just today had this happen on one of two (revenue) tickets booked about 30min apart. The eticket/receipt email for the second res. came after a couple minutes, but the one for the first didn't. After a couple of hours I got to wondering what was going on and went to view receipt and saw a ticket number had appeared, but the eticket email for that first one never came.

First time I've had it happen. Came here to post, but seems it's not just me.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:14 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Is the reason that it doesn't automatically ticket that the airline wants to review tickets for possible fare mistakes by some human eye?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by fumje
I just today had this happen on one of two (revenue) tickets booked about 30min apart. The eticket/receipt email for the second res. came after a couple minutes, but the one for the first didn't. After a couple of hours I got to wondering what was going on and went to view receipt and saw a ticket number had appeared, but the eticket email for that first one never came.

First time I've had it happen. Came here to post, but seems it's not just me.
I have had the same issues lately. On further investigation, I found the "ticketed" email in my spam folder! Makes no sense since the address is the same as the 1st email, but it got stuck there. This has happened 3x this year already. I'm at a loss to explain it.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TA
Is the reason that it doesn't automatically ticket that the airline wants to review tickets for possible fare mistakes by some human eye?
No, it's just lame IT.

They don't have to honor a mistake fare even if a ticket is issued. Thanks to those who shamelessly exploitd UA's very own DKK mistake fare.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:18 am
Original Poster

So I called Mileage Plus customer service and they sent eticket/itinerary email pretty quickly. My partner says he did receive his but I think he is confusing it with the "processing" email we received.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP
Responding to this thread to not create a new one~

I've had this issue come up twice in the last few months, one with a regular rev ticket, one with a MP redemption. Received the usual 'your reservation is processing' email, but I suppose was never ticketed. Same payment method as usual, nothing different AFAIK. Noticed when looking at my upcoming trips that reservations were missing.

Rev ticket had some PZ space when booked and *luckily* still did by the time I called in. Award ticket was booked in the very, very rare IN bucket out of RDU-IAH and on to SFO, and disappeared by the time I noticed. A bit irritating.

Has the popped up with more frequency for others? First time in years that I've had this issue.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Is this the case of the ticketing email did not come or the ticketing never occurred?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Is this the case of the ticketing email did not come or the ticketing never occurred?
Ticketing never occurred~ never received an email like "eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation [PNR]" either. Not sure what's up
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:24 pm

So in a weird twist, today around 6pm PT I received an email from UA that this award reservation was just ticketed. I did *not* call in, I just gave up an bought a ticket for the same day in cash. This is 12 days after starting the reservation.

I cancelled the cash ticket and grabbed the same seats. Used the flight credit elsewhere.

Not sure why/how this happened, but can't say I'm mad about finally finding some useful IN space on this flight.

Last edited by alexostra; Mar 22, 2022 at 7:24 pm Reason: remove confusion
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by alexostra
So in a weird twist, today around 6pm PT I received an email from UA that this award reservation was just ticketed. I did *not* call in, I just gave up an bought a ticket for the same day in cash. This is 12 days after starting the reservation. ....
Was this a ticket with partner space or all UA?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Was this a ticket with partner space or all UA?
All UA
Old May 26, 2023, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K; BR Gold
I have a paid fare for a trip that includes a Duetsche Bahn AG rail connection. All other legs are on UA. I tried to purchase 72 hours ago and it still shows as "Waitlisted" and the reservation is processing. I called UA at the 48 hour mark and they said they were still waiting to hear from LH. I asked when it would ticket and 1K rep said "soon, probably tomorrow." Today is hour 72. What gives?
Old May 26, 2023, 10:10 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TA
Not fare mistakes but (my assumption is) if the automated fraud processing can't clear the reservation (usually functionally "instant") it gets routed to a desk for manual agent/internal security review before releasing it for ticketing.

Back in the period of time UA was leaking PNR comments to the wide world (RIP) you'd see the 'to fraud' and 'fraud automation returned Ok' comments basically on top of each other. It's been a long time since I've had a PNR not ticket instantly (native or partner, revenue or miles) let alone when the tool was showing comments so my sample size is zero but particularly for a pure UA ticket it would go a long way to explain the "random" delays
Old May 26, 2023, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SkiBikeBeer
I have a paid fare for a trip that includes a Duetsche Bahn AG rail connection. All other legs are on UA. I tried to purchase 72 hours ago and it still shows as "Waitlisted" and the reservation is processing. I called UA at the 48 hour mark and they said they were still waiting to hear from LH. I asked when it would ticket and 1K rep said "soon, probably tomorrow." Today is hour 72. What gives?
I book these regularly and the LH codeshares op by DB are not an issue ... they ticket within seconds. Something is wrong here ... I'd HUCA and see if they can get LH on the phone or try and force it through
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.