Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mile Play promotion #2 -- targeted book/travel X trips by 11 March 2018, get Y miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Mile Play promotion #2 -- targeted book/travel X trips by 11 March 2018, get Y miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat
2 trips of >$450 for 34,000 miles...may upgrade to a higher fare class on a couple of planned trips to hit the minimum spend. Status matched in November to UA1k from AAA EXP, have spent ~$3000 since.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:25 am

Mine is 2 trips in a premium cabin @ minimum $2,000 each for 140,000 bonus miles.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I got:

- Download and use the Mileage Plus X App: 600 Miles
- Book and Fly a flight in a Premium Cabin: 500 Miles

I downloaded the app and bought a $25 Amazon Gift Card and the miles posted two days later.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:03 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Considering breaking my IAD-SGU trip into IAD-LAX/DEN-IAD (paid premium cabin) and LAX-SGU-DEN (economy). I hate having 2 separate reservations, but it would seem to meet the T&C of my offer ("all flight activity on a trip must be in F/A/C/D/Z/J/P") and still get me where I want to go. Now, to convince the agents to through-check my bags...
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat
Couple questions just for peace of mind:

Will I be eligible if I book my United itineraries through the Chase travel reward portal?

Are multi city itineraries eligible? ie EWR > CLT > OPEN JAW > RIC > EWR?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just noticed this "game" hiding in plain sight on my United iPhone App.Free miles are always welcome, but I thought I got a bit shafted as mine is 14,000 RDM for $2000+ spend on 1 business class 016 ticket. But I now see that some people were not targeted at all, so I guess I should be thankful. Normally I refuse to play "games" for points, but since this only required 1 click...Promo Code is T001MATravel Must be completed by March 11Fare classes: A,C,D,F,J,P,Z
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.3MM, Hyatt Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Premium Cabin booking 2 times before March 11 minimum $800 each fare to get a grand total of.................... 5,000 bonus miles. I'll keep with my regularly scheduled flying which will mostly be done later this year due to limited travel after surgery.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Buy up of existing reservation

Has anyone had success with doing GG BUYUP on an existing reservation to change the ticketing date to get the bonus?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:16 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Fine print on my T&C is contradictory on that point. Part claims that the eligibility is based entirely on the originally-booked fare exclusive of any buy-ups, and another part talks about buy-ups counting.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Also I probably should mention my offer while I'm here. 10,000 miles for 3 trips ($200 fare minimum). Not a great deal and was originally not going to book anything extra but decided to go for it. Ended up not needing to buy up and just booked 3 new trips and crammed it in to 2 weekends. First promotion I was targeted for and it's nice that they at least gave me an offer when so many past offers were "not eligible" for my account.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
Wow, just saw this: Book and take a trip in a premium cabin 2 times by March 11, 2018 to get 140,000 bonus award miles. ($2000 minimum fare spend) fare classes: A, C, D, F, J, P and Z. I wish it was book only and then complete at anytime.

Hard to jump and do two international business flights in 1 month.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by sammybk
Wow, just saw this: Book and take a trip in a premium cabin 2 times by March 11, 2018 to get 140,000 bonus award miles. ($2000 minimum fare spend) fare classes: A, C, D, F, J, P and Z. I wish it was book only and then complete at anytime.

Hard to jump and do two international business flights in 1 month.
Does it specifically say international? Does it have to be longhaul? There's some 2k-2.3k fares in premium cabins for close in weekend getaways from LAX (like, this upcoming weekend) to Eastern Canada if you're down for a couple weekend trips and really chasing that 140k miles. Toronto is really pretty now if the weather cooperates with you

I got mine and planned a weekend trip. But I'm only getting 5% of what you will :P
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by chermorg
Does it specifically say international? Does it have to be longhaul? There's some 2k-2.3k fares in premium cabins for close in weekend getaways from LAX (like, this upcoming weekend) to Eastern Canada if you're down for a couple weekend trips and really chasing that 140k miles. Toronto is really pretty now if the weather cooperates with you

I got mine and planned a weekend trip. But I'm only getting 5% of what you will :P
You can always force a more expensive fare - SFO-SEA can be $2,000 r/t if you want. 140k miles isn't really worth $4,000 of spend just for the miles though.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
I don't see any stipulation that a trip must be round-trip. Since my offer requires 2 trips, it appears that 2 separate one-ways should suffice, correct?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by jeebus
I don't see any stipulation that a trip must be round-trip. Since my offer requires 2 trips, it appears that 2 separate one-ways should suffice, correct?
Yes, one-ways work...I can confirm that for sure (at least, according to the offer given to me), as my bonus miles have already posted, and I flew 2 one-ways.I'm pretty sure all that matters is that you have 2 reservations.
jeebus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.