Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mile Play promotion #2 -- targeted book/travel X trips by 11 March 2018, get Y miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Mile Play promotion #2 -- targeted book/travel X trips by 11 March 2018, get Y miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2.8 MM,UA-GS 1.3 MM,DL-PL,HH-DM,LH-SEN,Bonvoy-GL
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
ne more category:

No offer: Lots of UA activity - we know we have your business so we don't have to offer you anything additional to continue getting it.
correct I’m GS for a couple of years with no offer
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:57 am

Mile play

I know I have to book by 3/11, but to I have to complete travel by then?
Trying to get the miles, but had to book 2 one way trips separately. Only 1 ticket was available at the lower price.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by arubaswim
I know I have to book by 3/11, but to I have to complete travel by then?
Yes, if you read the terms and conditions at the bottom, there is a line that states:
2. All flight activity for applicable Trip must be complete on or prior to March 11, 2018.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
My offer was for 8,800 miles - complete three trips, minimum $200 fare per trip. Didn't have to go out of my way and work travel funded my trips...so this promotion will be a success after my 3rd trip next week.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: Hertz PC
Need one more trip (no min $ amount) by March 11 to get 12,000 bonus miles. Have nothing planned.

Is there a way to search for cheapest same day trip out of an airport? I live about same distance from MCI, OMA, DSM. And pretty flexible to take a trip anytime between now and March 11.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by bhunt
Need one more trip (no min $ amount) by March 11 to get 12,000 bonus miles. Have nothing planned.

Is there a way to search for cheapest same day trip out of an airport? I live about same distance from MCI, OMA, DSM. And pretty flexible to take a trip anytime between now and March 11.
Google Flights will allow you to plug in up to 5 origins and 5 destinations at a time - just plugging a few day trip destinations in I wasn't able to find anything for less than $350 or so - but YMMV depending on your luck. What's great too is that Google Flights will show you a calendar (just select My Dates Are Flexible or whatever) of different departure-return combinations.

However, if you're willing to leave Wednesday, have a quick overnight in PHL, then turn right back around and come back you may be able to do that for <200. https://goo.gl/flights/jCECy is an example, but there's others.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by chermorg
Google Flights will allow you to plug in up to 5 origins and 5 destinations at a time - just plugging a few day trip destinations in I wasn't able to find anything for less than $350 or so - but YMMV depending on your luck. What's great too is that Google Flights will show you a calendar (just select My Dates Are Flexible or whatever) of different departure-return combinations.

However, if you're willing to leave Wednesday, have a quick overnight in PHL, then turn right back around and come back you may be able to do that for <200. https://goo.gl/flights/jCECy is an example, but there's others.
Google Flights will actually allow you to plug in a much bigger destination...like "United States", and it will show a map of the whole (continental) US, and show prices for most cities on there. Here's an example: Google Flights link

Regarding the flight you sent, does Basic Economy count for this promotion? I guess I haven't necessarily seen anything against it, so maybe it would. If so, I saw some $180-$190 same day turn flights for IAH, DFW, and MIA on March 6th or 7th, I believe. It's a $50 buy up to regular economy on all of those flights if BE doesn't work...but at least it saves having to get a hotel room in PHL for the night!
Xyzzy and chermorg like this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Regarding the flight you sent, does Basic Economy count for this promotion? I guess I haven't necessarily seen anything against it, so maybe it would. If so, I saw some $180-$190 same day turn flights for IAH, DFW, and MIA on March 6th or 7th, I believe. It's a $50 buy up to regular economy on all of those flights if BE doesn't work...but at least it saves having to get a hotel room in PHL for the night!
By the language I've read BE flights would count -- but I'd be willing to bet that you'd have a hard time getting credit as BE flights definitely dn't get credited at all for anything else. If so, do they even show up in a MP account with zeroes for miles/dollars?

Last edited by Xyzzy; Mar 4, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
By the language I've read BE flights would count -- but I'd be willing to bet that you'd have a hard time getting credit as BE flights definitely dn't get credited at all for anything else. If flow, do they even show up in a MP account with zeroes for miles/dollars?
Not sure... and I don't intend to ever find out.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, IHG Platinum
Received "Book 2 trips of $100 minimum and receive 6,800 miles".

$100 must be base airfare. Excludes any taxes/fees/etc.

Found DFW-SFO for $113.25; LAX-DFW for $100.74. Both of them are K class (and not in the dreaded Basic Economy)

Very proud of the second find.

Cheers
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by DFW-EXPLAT
Received "Book 2 trips of $100 minimum and receive 6,800 miles".

$100 must be base airfare. Excludes any taxes/fees/etc.

Found DFW-SFO for $113.25; LAX-DFW for $100.74. Both of them are K class (and not in the dreaded Basic Economy)

Very proud of the second find.

Cheers
Is the requirement for base fare or total ticket price?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Is the requirement for base fare or total ticket price?
The prices I quoted above were base fare- I didn't mention the associated taxes.

Last edited by DFW-EXPLAT; Mar 4, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
Had an offer for 12,000 bonus award miles if did three trips by March 11. (no minimum in fine print)

Did my 3rd trip this weekend. Was originally going just be a round trip MCI-DEN ($279 on W fare). But ended up turning it into a mileage run for PQM.

App always offers these wacky routings for no change fees.

Went from MCI-DEN-MCI to MCI-IAH-SAN-DEN-MCI.

MCI-IAH CPU cleared
IAH-SAN buyup for $119 Got credit for 200% PQM
SAN-DEN no upgrade
DEN-MCI CPU cleared
Total PQM 4,122.

Most people probably not worth the time to do a mileage run like this but my day was free and 3 of the 4 legs up front not bad.
jjmoore likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: UA GS
My offer is buy 2 trips each $1,400 or more in premium cabin, earn 64,000 miles.

I've completed the challenge but one has not shown up. Anyone know who to contact about this?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by qwicker
My offer is buy 2 trips each $1,400 or more in premium cabin, earn 64,000 miles.

I've completed the challenge but one has not shown up. Anyone know who to contact about this?
How long has it been since you completed the 2nd trip? Does the 2nd trip show in your UA profile recent account activity? It usually takes a couple (2-3) days for flights to show up in there for me, and I think it might have taken an extra day or so after that for my Mile Play credit to appear after my offer was completed.
chermorg likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.