FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions -Free STBY for all, SDC for all elites (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1886554-ua-same-day-travel-change-sdc-fees-questions-free-stby-all-sdc-all-elites.html)

Tomasz Pa Apr 4, 2023 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by tryathlete (Post 35144794)
call in and ask if the weather waiver for Chicago will allow for the change.

My flight is on Friday.

fumje Apr 5, 2023 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Tomasz Pa (Post 35144730)
I have PDX - ORD - MIA in Z. Is there even a remote chance for SDC to PDX - SFO (777 flat) - IAH - MIA?

Not with app. It doesn't offer double connections. You'd have to get an agent to do it.

Starman Apr 6, 2023 2:18 pm

Do all segments need to be on UA or Express metal even if code-shared?

I couldn't find this in the FAQ or Wiki. Segment 1 is a UA TATL. Segment 2 (intra-Europe) has a UA code share flight number but is on LH metal. Can I SDC both segments? I'm guessing no but wanted to check.

RobOnLI Apr 6, 2023 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Starman (Post 35149454)
I couldn't find this in the FAQ or Wiki. Segment 1 is a UA TATL. Segment 2 (intra-Europe) has a UA code share flight number but is on LH metal. Can I SDC both segments? I'm guessing no but wanted to check.

No. You cannot SDC the LH leg at all. Marketing carrier does not matter. You may potentially be able to SDC the UA leg but likely only by calling.

Also remember that LH does not have the concept of standby. A few people have gotten lucky by going to the service center and asking for an earlier flight but expect to be summarily denied :)

-RM

trvlr98765 Apr 10, 2023 1:49 pm

I have a r/t ticket on 016 stock from the US to India. I've flown the outbound already.

For the return, India-MUC-USA, I have a long hour layover in MUC, with both segments operated by LH. Can I standby onto an earlier UA-operated flight for MUC-USA? I'm a Premier Gold member if that helps and didn't book basic economy.

If yes, would I do this on the phone or with a United rep in MUC? (Where do I find one? The LH transfer desk and the LH SEN lounges presumably only have LH agents... do I ask at the gate?)

EmailKid Apr 10, 2023 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by trvlr98765 (Post 35159051)
I have a r/t ticket on 016 stock from the US to India. I've flown the outbound already.

For the return, India-MUC-USA, I have a long hour layover in MUC, with both segments operated by LH. Can I standby onto an earlier UA-operated flight for MUC-USA? I'm a Premier Gold member if that helps and didn't book basic economy.

If yes, would I do this on the phone or with a United rep in MUC? (Where do I find one? The LH transfer desk and the LH SEN lounges presumably only have LH agents... do I ask at the gate?)

I would try SDC, as UA Gold you should be able to do it once the first LH flight takes off. If LH has onboard WiFi, you may be able to do this while flying. While this is MANY years ago, I was able to do SDC on a miles ticket so I could snag an exit row on UA flight rather than fly a random seat on LH.

Edit to add: Actually, since this was MANY years ago my memory is a little fuzzy. IIRC it was SDC, but it may have been something else. I would actually try changing online and/or calling UA to see if you could get on UA metal for earlier flight.

angetenar Apr 10, 2023 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by trvlr98765 (Post 35159051)

Is this a cash or award booking? I would recommend talking to a chat agent via the app.

trvlr98765 Apr 10, 2023 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by angetenar (Post 35159339)
Is this a cash or award booking? I would recommend talking to a chat agent via the app.

Sorry forgot to mention. It’s a cash booking on 016 stock.

Once the first LH flight pushes back, it sounds like I should:
- initiate a chat
- call premier desk
- visit the gate agent

Is that right?

angetenar Apr 11, 2023 4:39 am

Originally Posted by trvlr98765 (Post 35160057)
Sorry forgot to mention. It’s a cash booking on 016 stock.

Once the first LH flight pushes back, it sounds like I should:
- initiate a chat
- call premier desk
- visit the gate agent

Is that right?

The gate agent won't be able to do anything I believe.

WineCountryUA Apr 11, 2023 9:35 am

Originally Posted by angetenar (Post 35160524)
The gate agent won't be able to do anything I believe.

For standby?

dm Apr 13, 2023 4:42 pm

I have a Lufthansa ticket (220) for a UA flight PHX/IAH connecting to FRA on LH. The connection is 65 minutes and I've noticed the UA flight is frequently late, so I'd like to switch to an flight 90 minutes earlier. It looks like I can't since it's not a 016 ticket, but I thought I'd check. I'm UA gold, if that makes any difference. Thanks!

jsloan Apr 13, 2023 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by dm (Post 35168143)
I have a Lufthansa ticket (220) for a UA flight PHX/IAH connecting to FRA on LH. The connection is 65 minutes and I've noticed the UA flight is frequently late, so I'd like to switch to a flight 90 minutes earlier. It looks like I can't since it's not a 016 ticket, but I thought I'd check. I'm UA gold, if that makes any difference. Thanks!

You cannot SDC because UA can't reissue the ticket. You should be able to stand by for the earlier flight, though.

leftysauce Apr 18, 2023 9:15 am

If I SDC, will PlusPoints waitlists be transferred to the new flights?

A more specific scenario: there are three segments and only the first one (tpac) has cleared. I planned on doing SDC once marked lifted on the first segment. Will the PlusPoints request be transferred to the new flights I switched to or am I just stuck with CPU?

DELee Apr 18, 2023 9:33 am

Originally Posted by leftysauce (Post 35180685)
If I SDC, will PlusPoints waitlists be transferred to the new flights?

A more specific scenario: there are three segments and only the first one (tpac) has cleared. I planned on doing SDC once marked lifted on the first segment. Will the PlusPoints request be transferred to the new flights I switched to or am I just stuck with CPU?

No transfer of waitlist ranking from prior flights. Need to reapply PPs to the SDC flight(s).

David

leftysauce Apr 18, 2023 9:58 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 35180765)
No transfer of waitlist ranking from prior flights. Need to reapply PPs to the SDC flight(s).

David

so it'll be an additional 20 on top of the 40 that had already cleared?