FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions -Free STBY for all, SDC for all elites (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1886554-ua-same-day-travel-change-sdc-fees-questions-free-stby-all-sdc-all-elites.html)

Kacee Sep 3, 19 1:46 pm

UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions -Free STBY for all, SDC for all elites

I seem to recall reports that the App will no longer allow us to continually roll a departure over multiple days; that it's now basically once and done. Is that correct? And if so, is calling in for a second SDC (to the following day) still viable?

thejaredhuang Sep 3, 19 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31486865)
I seem to recall reports that the App will no longer allow us to continually roll a departure over multiple days; that it's now basically once and done. Is that correct? And if so, is calling in for a second SDC (to the following day) still viable?

Experience from this recent trip: App letting you pick some unique routings early on in my itinerary, was on LAX-SFO-HNL-GUM-HKG. Called to get redeye LAX-IAH leaving the day before. HNL-Rest was the same. Once I boarded in IAH it gave me HNL-SFO-HKG but didn't take that up.

On my return (HKG-GUM-HNL-SFO-LAX) I rolled my HNL-SFO-LAX to 2 days later and HNL-IAH-LAX.

Last IAH-LAX leg would only give me other non stop IAH-LAX but I was able to see departures for the next day.

Kacee Sep 3, 19 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang (Post 31486943)
On my return (HKG-GUM-HNL-SFO-LAX) I rolled my HNL-SFO-LAX to 2 days later and HNL-IAH-LAX.

Using the App? Excellent.

thejaredhuang Sep 3, 19 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31486995)
Using the App? Excellent.

Yeah used the app for ex-HNL. HNL always seems to have availability. Good luck.

cyber1k Sep 4, 19 9:35 pm

SDC Saver Business First award

Hi all -- I apologize if the current answer is within the forum, but having spend a good part of an hour looking, I cannot decipher what is current and not.

Question:

If I am a UA Gold and book saver award business/first transcon and want to confirm a change to an earlier or later flight on the same day in business/first, does it have to be in the same saver fare basis or can it be any open business first seat?

Thank you very much.
Former GS MM who has been on UA 3 times since merger.

garykung Sep 4, 19 9:41 pm

I believe the fare class must be the same for SDC.

But the actual problem is by the time you can SDC, the F/J cabin should have been full.

So it would be practically impossible for you to do SDC.

WineCountryUA Sep 4, 19 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by cyber1k (Post 31491829)
If I am a UA Gold and book saver award business/first transcon and want to confirm a change to an earlier or later flight on the same day in business/first, does it have to be in the same saver fare basis or can it be any open business first seat?.....

SDC requires the same fare class, so you will need saver business

Just as if you were on P, you need P -- J will not work.

Kmxu Sep 5, 19 1:32 am

same calendar day change?

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31486865)

The App behaved the same way as before as far as options from another calendar day are concerned. Any available flight within 24 h period is now shown up on App. For SFO-IAD, the last segment of my trip this week, only nonstop was shown on App. No connection options were given, however. For my outbound last week, I was also given IAD-SFO-SIN options on a later date.

Kacee Sep 5, 19 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Kmxu (Post 31492313)
The App behaved the same way as before as far as options from another calendar day are concerned. Any available flight within 24 h period is now shown up on App.

I was offered very limited options for SFO-EWR yesterday, in particular none of the LAX routings showed, so I had to call to make a change.

It may have something to do with the fact my ticket is a complete mess now.

Flying Machine Sep 5, 19 4:09 pm

UA XN Reward Question

Hello Iím looking to fly EWR- LAX One-Way In about two weeks or so

Iím a UA platinum and a UA explorer card holder.All the 12,500 mile awards that I see have a connection and are all XN

My question is if I book one of those now can I do same-day change to a non-stop, on the day of travel? Or would I only be able to do same-day change to a connecting flight?

Not sure this is been asked before, I searched but I couldnít find the answer

thanks in advance

findark Sep 5, 19 4:58 pm

Yes, you can SDC to a non-stop; however, there must be XN space on that flight.

FlyingHighlander Sep 5, 19 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 31491905)
SDC requires the same fare class, so you will need saver business

Just as if you were on P, you need P -- J will not work.

Originally Posted by findark (Post 31495078)
Yes, you can SDC to a non-stop; however, there must be XN space on that flight.

Isn't there something about all fare classes becoming available within a few hours of departure?

WineCountryUA Sep 5, 19 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander (Post 31495128)
Isn't there something about all fare classes becoming available within a few hours of departure?

That is happening less and later, if at all, and has not neccessarily included award inventory space.

Kacee Sep 5, 19 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander (Post 31495128)

Five years ago you could count on that. Today it is not the practice.

getagb Sep 5, 19 8:56 pm

If XN is unavailable on the direct flight you can also standby for the flight you want at the airport.