Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For domestic flight issues, use Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]

Previous international delayed / cancelled report threads
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Looks like UA/59 FRA-SFO is stopping at ORD today.
Easier to recrew (than at OAK)? Would that be necessary?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Assuming that this was because of SFO WX (and not mechanical / sick pax), I think the idea is it's better to land at a hub so those passengers not terminating in SFO have a hope of getting a flight from ORD to their destination, whereas if you land at e.g. OAK everyone sits on the plane until SFO opens up.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Delay was coded as "operations" - I'm guessing it was not due to WX at SFO this time.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
Delay was coded as "operations" - I'm guessing it was not due to WX at SFO this time.
Hm, thanks. I'm not in SF now and didn't check the weather! Wonder if everyone had to do passport control at ORD. They're bringing it into G at SFO, which makes sense, but looks like there would have been time to process everyone while stopped at ORD.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Hm, thanks. I'm not in SF now and didn't check the weather! Wonder if everyone had to do passport control at ORD. They're bringing it into G at SFO, which makes sense, but looks like there would have been time to process everyone while stopped at ORD.
Definitely not. They arrived at gate M5 at 17:07 and departed from M5 at 18:28. And if you know ORD, no way UA can board from T5 gates.

When a transpac flight to EWR is rerouted to SFO, CBP officer(s) come(s) to the gate to monitor the exchange of pilots, FAs, and any other personnel movement from door open to door shut while the plane is refueled.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: United Gold
6/2 EWR-KFL is listed as diverted, arriving about 4 Horus late - but cant find where it diverted or what happened.

I noticed because its the plane listed as being the "where is this aircraft coming from" for my 2:45pm EWR-LIM - which is odd since its in KFL and not the KFL-EWR leg :-). Worried about equipment swap.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by hscottm
6/2 EWR-KFL is listed as diverted, arriving about 4 Horus late - but cant find where it diverted or what happened.

I noticed because its the plane listed as being the "where is this aircraft coming from" for my 2:45pm EWR-LIM - which is odd since its in KFL and not the KFL-EWR leg :-). Worried about equipment swap.
Your 752 never actually took off - it returned to the gate last night due to MX where everyone deplaned and boarded a different aircraft for KEF. 6/2/2018 UA138 (attempt 2) arrived KEF on 6/3 4:34 late.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Looks like 6/3/18 UA963 TXL-EWR was cancelled due to mechanical.

This morning (6/4/18) there are 2 TXL-EWR flights scheduled: the normal UA963, with a scheduled departure at 0940 but a current ETD of 1100; and the replacement flight UA2804, with a scheduled departure at 0920. I was originally on today’s UA963 but United proactively moved me to UA2804, presumably in order to preserve my connection EWR-MSP.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
UA69 (ARN-EWR) is showing that it is on time for a 9:05a departure. However the aircraft that is going to make the flight is running 4 hours late due to MX UA68 (EWR-ARN).
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA836 (PVG-ORD) returned to gate for about 30min. (?), arrival delayed by the same.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:26 pm

Anyone aboard UA 35 SFO-KIX today (June 7) with creeping delay? (Edited: Finally off the gate 2 hours late). I've been watching that tail number this week and it's had repeated mechanical delays (5 hrs yesterday, for example), since it makes up my SFO-ZRH tomorrow. Presumably the same problem over and over. Wondering whether to try to switch out. And I notice today's (inaugural) UA 44 SFO-ZRH (my flight tomorrow), also a 788, is also delayed at least 1.5 hours for mechanical. (Edited: this one also off the gate also 2 hours late. Not a very good day for 788 departures ex SFO).

Last edited by Starman; Jun 7, 2018 at 5:50 pm
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:55 pm

It’s about 90 degrees in DC today. Hopefully the de-icing process doesn’t take too long.
atword likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hammer0425
It’s about 90 degrees in DC today. Hopefully the de-icing process doesn’t take too long.
Snow and ice ???? at IAD in June, seems someone flat-fingered that delay cause code.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Snow and ice ???? at IAD in June, seems someone flat-fingered that delay cause code.
Did they have a baseballl size hail storm?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starman
And I notice today's (inaugural) UA 44 SFO-ZRH (my flight tomorrow), also a 788, is also delayed at least 1.5 hours for mechanical. (Edited: this one also off the gate also 2 hours late. Not a very good day for 788 departures ex SFO).
Actually this turned out to be a 789. It then did ZRH-IAD-ZRH-SFO as UA 53/52/45.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.