Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Where to get my flight history and actual total lifetime miles (paid/award/partners)?

Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Flight History back to Dec 2012 is available via MileagePlus statements in your My Account.
Statements have gone to somewhat irregular basis and may be used only from time to time to clear out the recent activity file.
No new MileagePlus "Statements" since 12/31/2014? {NEW - 2015 statement}

Prior to the merge with CO, UA offer lifetime history (M+ Purge Data Print - A piece of your United history that You should get!! ) but that is no longer available.

UA provides online the present year, and the past 3 years,
https://www.united.com/en/us/account/activity
Probably easiest to use if you download.
On the change of year, UA keeps the older data around for some unknown time.
Print Wikipost

Where to get my flight history and actual total lifetime miles (paid/award/partners)?

Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
I assume you don't save your MP statements?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:41 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hould-get.html
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:21 pm

I did this in January 2013. I called and the agent said to send a letter to the following address asking for a purged data print:

Mileage Plus Service Center
PO Box 6120
Rapid City, SD 57709-6120

About a week later I got an email: "Your request for purged data has been received and processed. Please allow 7-10 business days for the information to be completed."

Got it in the mail about two weeks later. The printout was dated 2 days after I got the email.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Last month my 1K assistant requested a data purge and received a thick printout ten days later by FedEx! This is a change in policy from last year when she requested the same data purge and received an e-mail that this service was no longer provided
Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Thanks all. Was able to get what I need on ua.com, surprisingly. Luckily I only needed back to 2010.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ylin42
I did this in January 2013. I called and the agent said to send a letter to the following address asking for a purged data print:

Mileage Plus Service Center
PO Box 6120
Rapid City, SD 57709-6120

About a week later I got an email: "Your request for purged data has been received and processed. Please allow 7-10 business days for the information to be completed."

Got it in the mail about two weeks later. The printout was dated 2 days after I got the email.
Does thus include Continental data or is it just for prior to 3/12 United Data?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Email response to my written request to the address listed above!

Hello Ms. Pinky,

Were always glad to hear from MileagePlus members like you. Thanks for writing.

In order to request the purged flight information on your account, we require a copy of a court order that requests that information. Please resubmit your request along with that information.

Thanks for participating in the MileagePlus program!
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Pinky

Hello Ms. Pinky,

In order to request the purged flight information on your account, we require a copy of a court order that requests that information. Please resubmit your request along with that information.

I just got the same note. Quite disappointing. Anyone have suggestions for getting around this apparent new requirement?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
i asked for a purged data print in Q4 last year, and the response i got was a response saying that they don't even have the information before 3/3. i love the consistency that's going on.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NgatesSEA
I just got the same note. Quite disappointing. Anyone have suggestions for getting around this apparent new requirement?
Yes. Don't ask unless you really need it. Then MP might be more likely to grant the request if it's not just FYI.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by fkatzRTW
Does thus include Continental data or is it just for prior to 3/12 United Data?
Mine only includes United flights before 2003, including flights that were operated by other airlines but ticketed on United. That said I don't think I had a Continental FF account back then, so if I ever flew Continental, those flights would probably not be a part of my record anyway.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold

Hello Ms. Pinky,

If you have an address in Europe then you could write to them at the local office asking for a subject access request under your country's implementation of the EU data protection directive. They then are legally required to do so for a nominal charge. If the tax authority your referring to is European that might work.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aacharya
Yes. Don't ask unless you really need it. Then MP might be more likely to grant the request if it's not just FYI.
It was just one of those things the PMUA crowd was use to getting and was readily available at one time.

But as some have said "there is a new sheriff in town."
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It was just one of those things the PMUA crowd was use to getting and was readily available at one time.

But as some have said "there is a new sheriff in town."
Yes, I remember the thread. It was a good one, but even it warned that this was going away and folks should do their M+ printouts before 3/2012.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by NgatesSEA

Hello Ms. Pinky,

Off the wall thought but maybe (n.b. maybe) it has something to do with the MM suit against United? Like I said, it's an off the wall thought but stranger things have happened.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.