Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Where to get my flight history and actual total lifetime miles (paid/award/partners)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Flight History back to Dec 2012 is available via MileagePlus statements in your My Account.
Statements have gone to somewhat irregular basis and may be used only from time to time to clear out the recent activity file.
No new MileagePlus "Statements" since 12/31/2014? {NEW - 2015 statement}

Prior to the merge with CO, UA offer lifetime history (M+ Purge Data Print - A piece of your United history that You should get!! ) but that is no longer available.

UA provides online the present year, and the past 3 years,
https://www.united.com/en/us/account/activity
Probably easiest to use if you download.
On the change of year, UA keeps the older data around for some unknown time.
Print Wikipost

Where to get my flight history and actual total lifetime miles (paid/award/partners)?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Perhaps UA could pull them up with your FF number? I would guess not, depending how many years back you are going. Were some of the UA flts on US, CO, Eastern, People Express, CO, the "old" Frontier, Air Mike using a UA/CO ticket number or a ticket number from the merged airlines? I listed US, as many flts were sold on US using UA ticket stock (until the US/AA merger).

Here is a look at some of the major airline mergers, acquisitions and shut downs in the last 40 years.

1972: Delta purchased Northeast Airlines

1979: After a series of acquisitions and mergers, Allegheny Airlines became US Air

1982: Eastern Air Lines acquires Braniff Airlines’ South American routes; Braniff files for bankruptcy and ceased operations.

1985: Southwest buys the financially struggling Muse Air

1986: Northwest Orient Airlines merges with Republic Air, despite opposition from the Justice Department. The airline changes its name to Northwest Airlines.

TWA merges with Ozark Air Lines, creating the sixth-largest commercial air carrier.

1987: Frontier, New York Air and People Express merge into Continental

The DOT formally approves the merger between USAir and Piedmont

American acquires AirCal

Delta merges with Western Airlines. The Supreme Court rejects emergency requests by Western unions and clears the way for the merger.

1988: US Air buys PSA

1990: American acquires Eastern Air Lines South American Routes

1991: Eastern Air Lines shuts down

Delta wins a bidding war for Pan Am’s Northeast shuttles and routes to Europe. (United already bought Pan Am’s Pacific division and London routes.) Pan Am Airlines shuts down.

1993: Southwest acquires Morris Air

1997: ValuJet Airways merges with AirWays Corp., and becomes AirTran Airways

1999: American buys Reno Airways

2001: American buys TWA

2005: US Airways merges with American West Airlines

2008: Delta merges with Northwest

2010: United merges with Continental

2011: Southwest merges with Air Tran

2014: American merges with American

Last edited by kettle1; Aug 21, 2014 at 12:27 am
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:19 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For historical purposes, here's the data United was able to provide prior to merging its computer systems. Don't know whether system capabilities still allow this historical print-out.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hould-get.html
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by vicfly7
Today I wanted to pull up one past travel (last August) but found that there are only 3 past travels displayed on the United website! I guess I probably had over 100 past travels on United (all with FF# entered). Why can't United just save all of them in the record in case people want to look up?

Anyone also annoyed by this? Or is there a way to have it display all past travels?
I know what you mean - for me I use my yahoo email as a record keeper(which hasn't changed in 20 years) as my "history"....
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five Star
I don't think it has anything to do with the merger, at least my case. All what I am talking about are flights in the recent two years. And they show up and then disappear (randomly, with some older ones still there but newer ones misisng). I couldn't imagine what IT system would give such a random behavior...
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by vicfly7
Why can't United just save all of them in the record in case people want to look up?
You just can't hold too much on the TRS-80 cassette tape storage devices.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Come on - they upgraded to the Commodore 64 two years ago!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I was thinking 8" floppies.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
tripit.com
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:25 am
Suspended

I'm really curious to know whether all the records from real UA are gone now that Apollo is no longer there.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I know what you mean - for me I use my yahoo email as a record keeper(which hasn't changed in 20 years) as my "history"....
Absolutely. I just do search with the destination, and it brings up the receipt email(s).

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Originally Posted by garkster
I was thinking 8" floppies.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
For historical purposes, here's the data United was able to provide prior to merging its computer systems. Don't know whether system capabilities still allow this historical print-out.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hould-get.html
I've been told no. Multiple times.

This sucks. For me this is a quite legitimate complaint. ... UA can't give me LTD history of my travel is beyond me.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Silver
I guess UA throws historical flight data into some low-cost, low-performance storage that doesn't have much query capability.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
I do recall now that I was told that with a legal order they could produce it, however they wouldn't under any other circumstances. so they have it. they just won't hand it over. not cool
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by united4
I'm really curious to know whether all the records from real UA are gone now that Apollo is no longer there.
pmUA's MileagePlus as well as the current MileagePlus/pmCO OnePass system is on a mainframe.

You pay for cycles on mainframes and any query requires a bit of effort. Anything can be done and all the data is likely there (I don't know for certain). I just suspect United doesn't want to get into the business of data mining, especially since they probably still have to join the records between the legacy UA and legacy CO/EA systems.

There's really no business reason to give everyone access for everything in history so they don't provide it nor make it easy to get.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I think some of the opinions expressed above are a bit naive, and/or reflect inexperience with legacy EDP systems (that's what they were once called). Having ancient data in deep archive storage is relatively inexpensive -- making it as available as the current data can get very expensive.

Why pick on United? Every financial institution I deal with as a consumer limits how far back you can query transaction history (not even close to what's suggested), and that's what we're talking about here, as each flight segment would be considered a transaction in a database (or file system). Putting aside the mergers and changes of system platforms, to expect that you could readily query 30+ year-old data (dating back to the beginning of Mileage+) borders on the realm of silliness.

And, given that a significant number of us are in tech and software, how many have actually sat in a design meeting or seen a requirements document where it was stated that data must be easily retrievable 30 years on? Other than Social Security, which had the concept of a long earnings history from its inception, I don't recall seeing published and/or queryable consumer-oriented history that shows more than a few years.

In your personal life, are those 8-track tapes still working for you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.