Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Where to get my flight history and actual total lifetime miles (paid/award/partners)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Flight History back to Dec 2012 is available via MileagePlus statements in your My Account.
Statements have gone to somewhat irregular basis and may be used only from time to time to clear out the recent activity file.
No new MileagePlus "Statements" since 12/31/2014? {NEW - 2015 statement}

Prior to the merge with CO, UA offer lifetime history (M+ Purge Data Print - A piece of your United history that You should get!! ) but that is no longer available.

UA provides online the present year, and the past 3 years,
https://www.united.com/en/us/account/activity
Probably easiest to use if you download.
On the change of year, UA keeps the older data around for some unknown time.
Print Wikipost

Where to get my flight history and actual total lifetime miles (paid/award/partners)?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I think some of the opinions expressed above are a bit naive, and/or reflect inexperience with legacy EDP systems (that's what they were once called). Having ancient data in deep archive storage is relatively inexpensive -- making it as available as the current data can get very expensive.

Why pick on United? Every financial institution I deal with as a consumer limits how far back you can query transaction history (not even close to what's suggested), and that's what we're talking about here, as each flight segment would be considered a transaction in a database (or file system). Putting aside the mergers and changes of system platforms, to expect that you could readily query 30+ year-old data (dating back to the beginning of Mileage+) borders on the realm of silliness.

And, given that a significant number of us are in tech and software, how many have actually sat in a design meeting or seen a requirements document where it was stated that data must be easily retrievable 30 years on? Other than Social Security, which had the concept of a long earnings history from its inception, I don't recall seeing published and/or queryable consumer-oriented history that shows more than a few years.

In your personal life, are those 8-track tapes still working for you?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by garkster
Why pick on United? Every financial institution I deal with as a consumer limits how far back you can query transaction history (not even close to what's suggested), and that's what we're talking about here, as each flight segment would be considered a transaction in a database (or file system). Putting aside the mergers and changes of system platforms, to expect that you could readily query 30+ year-old data (dating back to the beginning of Mileage+) borders on the realm of silliness.
Good post. Thank you.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Aug 23, 2014 at 9:25 am Reason: Repaired vB quote text.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I think some of the opinions expressed above are a bit naive, and/or reflect inexperience with legacy EDP systems (that's what they were once called). Having ancient data in deep archive storage is relatively inexpensive -- making it as available as the current data can get very expensive.

And, given that a significant number of us are in tech and software, how many have actually sat in a design meeting or seen a requirements document where it was stated that data must be easily retrievable 30 years on? Other than Social Security, which had the concept of a long earnings history from its inception, I don't recall seeing published and/or queryable consumer-oriented history that shows more than a few years.

Agreed, this is serious nitpicking.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hotels.com WR Silver ;)
All the detailed old Data exists, but it's on a backup data tape somewhere and not readily accessible. When they switched over, they just summed up everyone's lifetime mileage and current-year history under the old system and applied it to their new account and the old system was "sunset".
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by kettle1
1979: After a series of acquisitions and mergers, Allegheny Airlines became US Air
Allegheny's re-branding had little to do with its pre-deregulation M&A -- the most recent of which was 7 years prior to the re-branding. It changed its name/brand in order to have better marketing appeal as they flew west.

Originally Posted by kettle1
1986: Northwest Orient Airlines merges with Republic Air, despite opposition from the Justice Department. The airline changes its name to Northwest Airlines.
Northwest Airways, Inc. changed its name to Northwest Airlines, Inc. in 1933. "Northwest Orient" was simply a D.B.A. alias used for marketing reasons.

Northwest Airlines acquired Republic Airlines (not Republic Airways). Republic Airlines was, itself a merger, first of North Central Airlines (hubs at DTW, ORD, MSP) and Southern Airways (hubs at ATL & MEM). Republic Airlines then acquired Hughes Airwest (hubs at BFI, PHX, LAS, LAX, PDX, SFO, and SLC) before being absorbed into crosstown rival, Northwest.

Originally Posted by Eadward
I do recall now that I was told that with a legal order they could produce it, however they wouldn't under any other circumstances. so they have it. they just won't hand it over. not cool
Maybe its better that UA focuses on running an airline rather than being a file clerk for statements which, IMO, should be saved by the flyer.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:50 pm

This is one of those problems that sounds reasonable if you think about it on an individual level..."I have flown XX times it's not that big a deal to show me my entire travel history" And you're right, it's probably not that big a deal to show you your entire travel history...

The problems arise when you need to have everyone's entire travel history. I can't imagine the size of the server you would need to have all that data accessible online. Plus out of the millions of flyers, how many people would ever actually look at it? (If you take out FT'ers)
Old Aug 25, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.

why are people picking on united? that one's pretty easy. before the merger, it was something you could request just by asking for a purge print. i never had one myself, but i've seen them and they were neat to have. now we can't get them. nobody likes having things taken away whether you used them or not.

i'm actually pretty surprised the three letter agencies aren't asking for all this to be available for some bizarre reason that likely doesn't make sense. seems like a task with dubious usefulness that would have been asked in the name of safety. :shrug:

i'm in the data and analytics space as well, and there actually is usefulness of having a customer's full history readily accessible. there's cost effective ways of tiering it so the older stuff is on cheaper, yet seamlessly accessible, methods for analytical purposes. real time offer management and precision/predictive marketing would be things that would benefit from having an active customer's history.

although personally for united, i'll settle for "please oh please don't lose my reservation." this would be akin to installing a new fireplace while the entire foundation is falling apart. i actually kind of wish i had UA as an account. this is a company that could stand to benefit significantly from a solid and modern data replatforming. of course that sales process would probably be the sales process from hell, but it would be really cool to see if they'd invest in it.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
United Flight History

Hello all,

I was trying to find a recent thread after the merger about finding flight history.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ld-get-17.html

Thread was pmUA, and was wondering if there's a way for me to find my old flight data.

Was an sCO OnePassPlus Member until the merger.

All flight data history on my account was purged.

Any advise appreciated!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
United Customer Service

I emailed United asking for my flight history from sCO and UA.

The UA rep 2 days later responds that this information can be found in statements online (ua.com). She suggests a microfiche that can be done to pull data.

I write back asking her to go ahead and try to get me back as much flight history data as possible.

The next agent responds 17 DAYS LATER!

"In order to request archived data, we require a copy of the court requiring this information."

Is it still possible to obtain flight data or has United stopped doing it?
I'm trying to completely fill up my flightmemory map
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
They got a lot less excited about doing this leading up to and after the merger. There's mention of the court order stuff as long ago as 2011 in the old thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hould-get.html
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Is there any way to look at lifetime flight miles history?

Just curious as I am about to cross the 1MM threshold... is there any way to look back and see what my busiest years were?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Not unless you can get a court order according to this thread.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Just curious as I am about to cross the 1MM threshold... is there any way to look back and see what my busiest years were?
pmUA offered this upon request but since then it has not been generally available. Prior questions on this stated pmCO did not offer this data. The 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 activity is available in your account today.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 4, 2016 at 11:27 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by tods27
Not unless you can get a court order according to this thread.
I recently tried to get this printout and was told that a court order was needed. I tried both the GS phone number and the MileagePlus Service Center. Same answer both places.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
It's probably a huge hassle for them to retrieve old years, involving some kind of offline backup system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.