Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

M+ Purge Data Print - A piece of your United history that You should get!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M+ Purge Data Print - A piece of your United history that You should get!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2005, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Lightbulb M+ Purge Data Print - A piece of your United history that You should get!!

After crossing the million-mile BIS mark recently, I requested from M+ for a detailed record (purge data print) of my M+ activities from the first day I joined M+. I wanted to find out how many flights I have actually flown as I did not start tracking my flights on Excel spreadsheet until three years ago. Here is some interesting statistics from my United travel:

First Flight: MIA-LGA (7/24/1992)
Total # of Segments flown: 349
Average Miles Per Segment: 2,877 (I flew a lot of transpac and transcon)
# Paid C or F segments: 179 (51%)
# Paid Y segments: 170 (49%)
# Upgraded Segments: 166 (48%)
# of Upgrades from C to F: 80 (48%)
# of Upgrades from Y to C or F: 86 (51%)
# of segments in C or F: 265 (76%)
# of International segments: 166 (48%)
Transit through NRT 69 times for total of 138 connecting flights without entering Japan once.

IIRC, there were flights that never got posted and there were also flights I never flew got posted. For example, I couldn’t possibly fly IAD-CDG twice on the same flight on the same day; or flew SFO-NRT and NRT-SFO on the same day. Overall the missing BIS miles and additional BIS miles credited seem to cancel each other out.

It was a huge printout that included all the miles I have earned from hotel, credit card, Sprint, MCI, hotels, shopping, rental cars, etc. I skipped reading that part totally.

After going though my records, I gain more respect for flyers such as Robotdoctor who reached MMF status and maintians annual 1K status on segments or domestic flying only. I just can't imagine myself making 1K on segment or domestic flying only.

I would highly recommend anyone here requesting a copy for yourself as a piece of your flying history with United. As I looked through pages of flights, I could actually remember most of the flights. For example, trips to my own wedding, birth of my child, school reunion, important business deals, job interviews, memorable family vacation trips, etc.

Thanks United for all these great memories!

Also, a special thanks to MP Goddess for providing me with the information needed to get these printouts.^ Details in the following link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=38

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jul 30, 2007 at 8:01 am
Old Aug 23, 2005, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
That is awesome.

Mine would show,

This customer is a cheap a55, don't take care of him.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 3:47 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
That is awesome.

Mine would show,

This customer is a cheap a55, don't take care of him.
Would show?
Old Aug 23, 2005, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Wow, I didn't know UA offered that. Very interesting. Of course, my full MP summary is still available online, since I only started my MP account last year
Old Aug 23, 2005, 4:39 pm

Programs: United 1k 1 MM
Is this a one-time shot? Not that I am inviting a run on such printouts from MP on everyone's detailed UA flying history, as well as earned partner mileage.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 5:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Life-Plat, Hyatt ex-Diamond, Hilton ex-Diamond, UA ex-1K, Avis ex-Chairman
I wonder how often can we request this. Also, did you call or write or email the request?
Old Aug 23, 2005, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by limo
I wonder how often can we request this. Also, did you call or write or email the request?
I called Mileage Plus. I found out about this printout from the following thread:

See Post #38
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=19989

When you call, you have to specifically ask for Purge Data Print. Some of the M+ agents don't know about it, so you need to be persistent and perhaps even ask for a supervisor. It took about 2 weeks to have the records ready. M+ does not have the records, they need to order it through WHQ.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Life-Plat, Hyatt ex-Diamond, Hilton ex-Diamond, UA ex-1K, Avis ex-Chairman
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I called Mileage Plus. I found out about this printout from the following thread:

See Post #38
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=19989

When you call, you have to specifically ask for Purge Data Print. Some of the M+ agents don't know about it, so you need to be persistent and perhaps even ask for a supervisor. It took about 2 weeks to have the records ready. M+ does not have the records, they need to order it through WHQ.
Thanks! I will request one for fun then.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 3:21 am

Whoever is first to get a "we've been overwhelmed by requests and are no longer providing this information" from UA, please let us know.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SealBeach
Whoever is first to get a "we've been overwhelmed by requests and are no longer providing this information" from UA, please let us know.

Hopely this thread does not contribute to massive amount of requests to M+. IMHO, this information is useful for people who have flown UA for a while and would like to keep a record that won't available online in the last century. UA has made these data available on the web since 2001(?), therefore most the people who did most of their UA flying this century should pretty much have their records downloaded.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 8:22 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I just wish I had signed up for MP back when I first started flying, or that the records showed the equipment for all the flights. I know the dates and locations on my pre-MP flying, but I'd be interested in what the planes were back then
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exerda
I just wish I had signed up for MP back when I first started flying, or that the records showed the equipment for all the flights. I know the dates and locations on my pre-MP flying, but I'd be interested in what the planes were back then
Unfortunately they don't show equipment types. Types of information shown are:

Date
Flight #
Class of service
From/To
Dates of miles posted
2P or 1P/1K bonus
Fare Bonus
Booking Bonus
Promotion Bonus
Star and Code Share flights and miles credited
M+ Mile Level Plateau Bonus (discontinued)
All M+ Partners activities include dates of transactions and dates of miles posted.
No redemption records
Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Hopely this thread does not contribute to massive amount of requests to M+. IMHO, this information is useful for people who have flown UA for a while and would like to keep a record that won't available online in the last century.
The title of your post/thread is " M+ Purge Data Print - A piece of your United history that You should get!!" imploring us to request it, yet you hope it doesn't lead to a massive amount of requests.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Does it show the booked class, and upgraded class, or just the upgraded one like the MP summary on united.com?

I ask because it is annoying when trying to figure out if you qualified for a promotion and you upgraded that flight, it will only show C or F class--whichever you upgraded into.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Wish I had kept track of all my flights (used to fly exclusively AA). There are states and countries I vaguely remember going to, but not much more than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.