Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is sleeping allowed at any United {Club} lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
From UC T&Cs
Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations.
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
The Polaris Lounge at ORD and SFO each have four sleeping cubicles (near the restroom at ORD, near the showers at SFO). Feel free to nod off there.

The GFL at LHR has a section with around a half-dozen lie-flattish platform where you can doze too. Not really too private.
Note: Most/All of the Polaris lounges have a sleeping / day bed area
Print Wikipost

Is sleeping allowed at any United {Club} lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
No. But your profile says UA Gold and *G will get you in.
So just for being star alliance gold I get free access to that lounge???
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bsdstone
So just for being star alliance gold I get free access to that lounge???
Assuming you have a *A departure, yes.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Years ago the Renaissance LAX had a day rate for this exact scenario and they have free shuttle. Give them a call and ask for the "day rate".
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you do rent, rent from National so you don't have to stand in line to get your car . . . .
Or, if one does enjoy a few minutes of walking, rent from Midway, two buildings East of the Concourse (soon to be Hyatt) Hotel on Century Blvd. Great fleet & reasonable rates. No need to wait for a shuttle. Always had good experience with them.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Based on my experience this morning, not sure TBIT is a viable option right now. They're doing major construction (again!) and one of the two security areas is completely shut down. So they've basically cut the security capacity by 50%. I walked over at about 8:45 a.m. today and the security line was crazy long. Turned right around and walked back to T7.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Here's a dumb, but necessary question...I just landed at LAX in Terminal 7. My departure flight is at midnight from Terminal 7 (LAX-EWR...I'm doing a mileage run). Even as *A gold, and having a united club pass, I won't be able to access the *A lounge, will I? I don't think I can get through security there since I'm not leaving from that terminal, and since I'm flying domestic, I don't think I get access...is this correct?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
I can confirm that you can access the Star Alliance lounge even without a boarding pass leaving from TBIT. I had a four hour UA layover recently (domestic to domestic) and hopped on over with my BP and they let me through since I said I was going into the lounge. This is official LAX policy, as per a Tweet I found from the LAX Twitter page on some aviation blog. This lounge was awesome and well worth the walk!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
I don't think I can get through security there since I'm not leaving from that terminal, and since I'm flying domestic, I don't think I get access...is this correct?
Do you really think we would all be recommending you do this if we didn't know it can be done???

But see my earlier post about lengthy security lines at TBIT due to construction.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you really think we would all be recommending you do this if we didn't know it can be done???

But see my earlier post about lengthy security lines at TBIT due to construction.
I've seen some pretty bad jokes played here! :-)

I'm in the business class lounge now...WOW, this place is NICE! Having a nice Asahi beer and will take a shower then go get something to eat shortly. Sitting at a long desk in the back doing some work...they certainly aren't enforcing the no sleeping rule. Few people spralled out on the back couches.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
In ORD (home of the 3 hour redeye) F club.

Lounge attendant came around and rudely woke / asked about a half dozen people to "sit up and stop trying to sleep."

A rule (even if I disagree with it) is a rule. However her, and her colleague's behavior was absolutely obnoxious and unprofessional. Myself and a few other weary travelers with nothing better to do have all fired off letters to UA.

Friendly!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by belynch
However her, and her colleague's behavior was absolutely obnoxious and unprofessional. Myself and a few other weary travelers with nothing better to do have all fired off letters to UA.
Technically you weren't flying; so no need to waste Friendly on you.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
Originally Posted by belynch
In ORD (home of the 3 hour redeye) F club.

Lounge attendant came around and rudely woke / asked about a half dozen people to "sit up and stop trying to sleep."

A rule (even if I disagree with it) is a rule. However her, and her colleague's behavior was absolutely obnoxious and unprofessional. Myself and a few other weary travelers with nothing better to do have all fired off letters to UA.

Friendly!
This is definitely a thing at ORD. Had the exact same thing happen to me in '14 in the quiet room, and saw it happen to someone else last year.

I find it hilarious, because in DEN I've literally seen people in the common area curled up in a ball on the floor wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants and no shoes - snoring loudly - and nobody bats an eye.

When it comes to crabby dragons, nobody's got ORD beat - not even EWR. I swear there are a couple of ancient lizards at ORD who do nothing but police the place for perceived rules violations like middle school hall monitors.

Another reason why the UCs are a joke. It's either a homeless shelter or Catholic School apparently. A happy medium would be nice.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
Originally Posted by Ctheexpat
Wouldn't this be the straw that breaks the camels back? I frequently take short naps in lounges between flights. I think a "go to hell" would certainly be justified here
I add a middle finger salute, but that's just me.

Obviously, this dragon needs to be reminded about how her bread is buttered.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:53 am

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
Rules should be enforced compassionately, particularly for companies, like United, who are directly serving customers. Honestly, they're easier to enforce that way, than like school marm. That said, the rules aren't arbitrary, and while they impact all of us negatively some times, they're there for a reason.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by CO DCA
That said, the rules aren't arbitrary, and while they impact all of us negatively some times, they're there for a reason.
touche, however exactly what is the negative impact to UA and the UC of a paying business class passenger or club member taking a 20 minute nap in a UC chair?

honestly it isn't the airline that drove me away from UA. it's customer hostile attitudes from UA employees such as those told in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.