Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is sleeping allowed at any United {Club} lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
From UC T&Cs
Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations.
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
The Polaris Lounge at ORD and SFO each have four sleeping cubicles (near the restroom at ORD, near the showers at SFO). Feel free to nod off there.

The GFL at LHR has a section with around a half-dozen lie-flattish platform where you can doze too. Not really too private.
Note: Most/All of the Polaris lounges have a sleeping / day bed area
Print Wikipost

Is sleeping allowed at any United {Club} lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SunLover
For many cultures displaying the bottoms of your feet like this is considered rude and insulting.

Yup. Also count India and Muslims countries among those who find this practice to be disrespectful.

SunLover
I did count India. There was no way otherwise to get to billions of Asians.

Originally Posted by gailwynand
And since there are (to my knowledge) no UCs in the Middle East or South Asia, this is relevant how? Should we prohibit alcohol or beef in the UC, also?
This has nothing to do with physical location but rather the belief that shoes are dirtier than bare feet. The only reason I broached the subject is due to a previous post claiming that bare feet on chairs/table is disgusting and it's better to do that with shoed feet.

While I find both to be borderline appalling I'd find the bare foot more, um, palatable.

Originally Posted by jcazes
I find it hilarious that people think sleeping on couches with bare feet or socks is disgusting. Sure you shouldn't put your feet (however covered) on any tables where people put their food, but it shouldn't make a difference to you if someone is napping on a couch or two chairs with their bare or socked feet up. Shoes can be quite dirty, as you walk through bathrooms and other infested surfaces, but your socks and smelly feet are not much different than your smelly derriere, which has the most bacteria of any part of your body. Do you know how many obese people have sat on that sofa, sweated for an hour or two, and then ripped fecal coliform bombs into that fabric? If someone is tired enough to put their face in that, who are you to say no? Just let the damn person sleep and get off your high horse! And your cell phone!
Something like this.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by LilAbner
..The cleaning lady approaches, stands in front of me, puts both hands on her hips, and in a loud voice tells me, "I guess you never learned how to read English!!!" "There's a sign downstairs that says --- NO OUTSIDE FOOD"!
And how did your impersonation of a German/Russian/Argentinian citizen go?

Is she from a non-English speaking background so that she could take pride in that btw?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
"There is no reclining in the Relaxation Room!"

I guess someone at the SFO domestic club took the OP's thread title to heart.

Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, National Exec. Elite, Hilton Gold, GE
I understand the sign in context, but it is so contradictory. Please tell me its a 'shop.

So does that mean I can only recline at a workstation?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 13, 2014 at 5:01 am
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
reason # 2390724597 why i cannot for the life of me figure out why someone would willingly pay good $ for a UA club membership.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by jackal
Unless you're advocating prohibiting people from sleeping on a plane, how do you propose to solve this?
I generally thwack the edge of the sleeping coffin with my hand or foot until the snoring stops. Repeat as necessary.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
I will keep my wallet in my pants. One more thing not to waste money on.

Originally Posted by mherdeg
I guess someone at the SFO domestic club took the OP's thread title to heart.
So can we use Bluetooth or polyphonic headphones?

Again, this is just one more reason not to purchase a membership at these clubs. I travel for work. I don't travel for luxury or relaxation. I generally have to make phone calls, when waiting to get on or off a plane. I am not going to step out of "the club" just to make a phone call. Forget that.

If they think I am going to pay good money, for the privilege of not making phone calls, guess again.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 13, 2014 at 5:01 am
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Which UC is that? I am dying to know...

Originally Posted by gailwynand
And since there are (to my knowledge) no UCs in the Middle East or South Asia, this is relevant how? Should we prohibit alcohol or beef in the UC, also?
Based on UA's definition, there is one UC in South Asia - HKG.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
United Club Decorum

Signs recently seen in the SEA & SFO United Clubs to the effect, " do not put your feet on the furniture" [sorry don't recall the exact wording, apparently addressed to all pax, not "Children!"] ... cue image of fussy kindergarten teacher. Seems rather patronizing, huh? Or don't the kettles know about keeping feet on the floor <gr>.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BH62
Signs recently seen in the SEA & SFO United Clubs to the effect, " do not put your feet on the furniture" [sorry don't recall the exact wording, apparently addressed to all pax, not "Children!"] ... cue image of fussy kindergarten teacher. Seems rather patronizing, huh? Or don't the kettles know about keeping feet on the floor <gr>.
Before the signs appeared in the IAH clubs, I would regularly see people with their feet on the furniture.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: United Gold
I'm glad those signs are up, some people just have no clue.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I don't understand what the problem is with putting feet up, acknowledging that it is a social faux-paux.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I don't understand what the problem is with putting feet up, acknowledging that it is a social faux-paux.
some people have dirty feet apparently. If you just got off a Q200 in CLE and walked thru all that snow/salt for example.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BH62
Seems rather patronizing, huh? Or don't the kettles know about keeping feet on the floor <gr>.
Kettles? No, I think the over-entitled elites are the guilty parties. The ones to whom basic rules of courtesy seem not to apply.

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
+1.

I don't want to sit on what you just walked through.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
Agree - poor parenting, I imagine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.