Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is sleeping allowed at any United {Club} lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
From UC T&Cs
Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations.
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
The Polaris Lounge at ORD and SFO each have four sleeping cubicles (near the restroom at ORD, near the showers at SFO). Feel free to nod off there.

The GFL at LHR has a section with around a half-dozen lie-flattish platform where you can doze too. Not really too private.
Note: Most/All of the Polaris lounges have a sleeping / day bed area
Print Wikipost

Is sleeping allowed at any United {Club} lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
I wonder if this rule will change in the coming months. It seems that United is actively pushing sleeping in the Polaris Lounges.

But then again maybe the thinking is that Polaris is for long haul flights and therefore people may want to "relax" before or after the flights, and have paid a premium (so lets not be too hard on them) whereas the UC is merely for domestic folks and folks too cheap to buy a premium seat. (we know what they think about Economy pax.)

However, I have slept in several UC's over the years. EWR, ORD, NRT, MSP, LHR, SFO and a couple others. Never been bothered at all about sleeping. Now, with that said, I have never used more than my own chair and I have only used my carry-on as a footrest. (exception being the lounge chairs at LHR in the GF lounge) I think that is the true measure of what will invoke the ire of the attendants. If you take up more than your allotted space, then you will be informed of the policy. My other thought is the no sleeping is in there so that they can remove people if the sleepers start disrupting the ability of the club to function as a lounge.

Now what maybe they could do, is go light on the enforcement right after a bunch of red-eyes came in for a couple hours (presuming the one person one chair rule)

Ok done rambling.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Maybe get one of these. Sleeping? Not? Who can tell? And yes, these are really sold.

Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:04 pm

Best Club for Long Layover (and sleep?) at LHR

I have searched the various threads for an answer to this question, but can't find it. This summer we have a long layover (6 hours) at LHR (LAX-JNB; UA to SA). I've been in the United Club at LHR, but I can't remember if it has sleeping facilities. Are there any *A affiliated clubs in T2 which do? (I am Platinum this year, so *A Gold; traveling with my husband, who is a United Club member, but no status).
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I have been in both the UA and LH lounges at LHR and neither have sleeping facilities.

The only sleeping facilities I have seen are LH lounges in MUC and FRA.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Does OP have access to the Priority Pass lounge network?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
From the United Club rules:

"Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations"

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...nge/rules.aspx
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:22 pm

Right, I was wondering whether there were any lounges with dedicated sleeping rooms/facilities. I knew I'd seen some somewhere, but couldn't remember if it was LHR or elsewhere.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mmthomps
Right, I was wondering whether there were any lounges with dedicated sleeping rooms/facilities. I knew I'd seen some somewhere, but couldn't remember if it was LHR or elsewhere.
The ORD Polaris club has a dedicated rest area.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:35 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

The Polaris Club at ORD has four sleeping cubicles near the restroom. Feel free to nod off there.

The GFL in SFO has an area where you can snooze.

The GFL at LHR has a section with around a half-dozen lie-flattish platform where you can doze too. Not really too private.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
T4 has the Yotel which can do a sleeping room for a minimum of 4 hours, but sadly nothing like that in the glittering new Queen's Terminal.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: UA
I have searched the various threads for an answer to this question, but can't find it. This summer we have a long layover (6 hours) at LHR (LAX-JNB; UA to SA). I've been in the United Club at LHR, but I can't remember if it has sleeping facilities. Are there any *A affiliated clubs in T2 which do? (I am Platinum this year, so *A Gold; traveling with my husband, who is a United Club member, but no status).
SQ lounge has semi-suites that are pretty private, you can probably nod off in there but they're also somewhat upright. The AC MLL has always been pretty dark when I've been there.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
In the United Club in DEN. Agent came by just now and said that my travel companion "cannot be sleeping" and that "I need to keep him awake." Ridiculous. Seem to be some kind of United management in the lounge today so maybe that's why he was going around checking on people breaking the rules by dozing off. I've certainly napped in United Clubs before. Just got off of a red eye from Hawaii....seems a cat nap is natural to me!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cohighcountry1k
In the United Club in DEN. Agent came by just now and said that my travel companion "cannot be sleeping" and that "I need to keep him awake." Ridiculous. Seem to be some kind of United management in the lounge today so maybe that's why he was going around checking on people breaking the rules by dozing off. I've certainly napped in United Clubs before. Just got off of a red eye from Hawaii....seems a cat nap is natural to me!
Were they laying down or have their feet on the furniture?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
The Polaris Club at ORD has four sleeping cubicles near the restroom.....
More power to you if you can sleep in the quiet area zone (the four areas set aside). The lounge/bed is upright. Really wished they had the same the lie flat lounges that LH has in FRA and MUC. Have used both on many occasions when travelling.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
Were they laying down or have their feet on the furniture?
No, sitting in one of the leather chairs. Was not making a sound. And had sunglasses on so the agent really had to look!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.