Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Which DEN Club? B East B44 Club Fly B60 & A West A25; B West B32 closed to ‘25

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO 1K
previous thread: Which United Club (UC) at DEN? {Archive}

Concourse A
Located near Gate A25
  • 5:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily
Concourse B
East United Club is located between B43 and B44 - now open!
  • 5:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily
"United Club Fly" is open near B60. Club Fly is a 'grab-and-go' setup with food, drinks, and coffee. No alcohol is served.
  • 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. daily
West United Club is located between B31 and B32 - closed for renovation
Print Wikipost

Which DEN Club? B East B44 Club Fly B60 & A West A25; B West B32 closed to ‘25

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by hch
UA will soon have 23 mainline gates on A, which are also partially wide body cable, and that doesn't include partner flights using the common use gates yet.

I'd expect most intercontinental flights to depart from A once everything has settled.
This! More and more flights are leaving out of A. My last few flights DEN-MUC and DEN-LAS both left out of A. Gotta double-check the boarding pass when flying on UA these days. Can’t assume ‘B’ anymore.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by glbltvlr
Aren't the A gates mostly commuter and just a few mainline? Seems strange to put a 50,000 sq ft club in A.
There are four wide body gates in new A West and UA is taking over the Delta gates in A West as well, as DL will move east to the former AA gates (AA moved to C).
UA will have major ops in A. Not in any way limited to regional or "few mainline".

Folks, there will be 700 UA departures from DEN daily during the peak schedule. United's most significant domestic airport in the country. That new A club will be very well used. Lots of welding going on there yesterday with fire protection blankets deployed, I was there for several hours and observed a lot of activity.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by joeyday
Will they let me in the full service United Club in Denver with a one time pass from the Chase credit card?
It's more than likely that they won't. Last few times I've been in they've been turning away one-time passes.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
There are four wide body gates in new A West and UA is taking over the Delta gates in A West as well, as DL will move east to the former AA gates (AA moved to C).
UA will have major ops in A. Not in any way limited to regional or "few mainline".

Folks, there will be 700 UA departures from DEN daily during the peak schedule. United's most significant domestic airport in the country. That new A club will be very well used. Lots of welding going on there yesterday with fire protection blankets deployed, I was there for several hours and observed a lot of activity.
Are there plans on trying to shoehorn TSA Pre-Check into the A bridge security checkpoint anytime soon? Not having to take the train to use Pre-Check to get to A would be lovely.

And will the new level 6 security plaza also eliminate the need for A bridge security?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Are there plans on trying to shoehorn TSA Pre-Check into the A bridge security checkpoint anytime soon? Not having to take the train to use Pre-Check to get to A would be lovely.
None have been communicated. However, many people do not know that the far right lane of A Bridge is for Premium Passengers so if you have Premier Access you can use that lane to move more quickly through the A bridge lines. The TSA doc checker may also give you a laminated card to let you keep your shoes on, but you'll still have to take things out of your bag as required.

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
And will the new level 6 security plaza also eliminate the need for A bridge security?
The plan is yes, the new Level 6 security will alleviate the need for A Bridge but not until both West & East are completed. The Completion Phase is listed as being done by summer 2028, but it includes other aspects (e.g. elevator, escalator, bathroom upgrades, flooring and lighting). The TSA checkpoints could be done before then.
pseudoswede likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by GlobalServiced
It's more than likely that they won't. Last few times I've been in they've been turning away one-time passes.
I was there a 2 weeks ago and it was... well... let's just say grossly over crowded. Food area was over used and dirty, a line of at least six people at the bar, hard to even find a single seat. Obviously they had the no pass sign out. It has gotten so bad that at DEN I no longer really use the UC and will use some the numerous other options that are available in DEN. I have my favorites but that is for another thread.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:48 am

Lovely. I have a 3 hour layover in DEN next month and had planned to use the one-time pass I got with my United Chase Credit Card last year. Will be passing through DEN between 10am-1pm.

I guess I'll still bring the pass with me and see what happens. Look for the "Sorry cheap skate, not for you today" sign?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by DTW_AKL
Lovely. I have a 3 hour layover in DEN next month and had planned to use the one-time pass I got with my United Chase Credit Card last year. Will be passing through DEN between 10am-1pm.
Don't forget you can use the Pop-Up Club at Gate B59 or the Club Fly option just a few feet further east from the Pop-Up Club toward Gate B60. They will accept your one-time passes even when the legacy West Club is not. I've not yet seen the B59 location deny one time pass holders.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by nomad420
I was there a 2 weeks ago and it was... well... let's just say grossly over crowded. Food area was over used and dirty, a line of at least six people at the bar, hard to even find a single seat. Obviously they had the no pass sign out. It has gotten so bad that at DEN I no longer really use the UC and will use some the numerous other options that are available in DEN. I have my favorites but that is for another thread.
I wonder if that problem will continue when they switch over to the new B club? Maybe things won't improve until the A club opens.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by glbltvlr
I wonder if that problem will continue when they switch over to the new B club? Maybe things won't improve until the A club opens.
When B-East opens it will be larger than the former footprint but the B-West Club will be closing so it too can be completely renovated. So, to the degree that it's larger, it will help, but we'll need both B Clubs and the A Club to be open to get back to a real sense of normalcy during the busiest times.
SPN Lifer and nomad420 like this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Ready to wager there will not be a Polaris Lounge in DEN for the far foreseeable future. How much should we bet?
I have been told that the new A lounge will be two-level and will be speculatively built out to eventually be a Polaris lounge (i.e., portions will be demised for further investment in showers, etc.) I have been told that there is a minimum number of international flights that are needed for a Polaris lounge and that Denver is currently 2 destinations short. Not really that surprising.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Don't forget you can use the Pop-Up Club at Gate B59 or the Club Fly option just a few feet further east from the Pop-Up Club toward Gate B60. They will accept your one-time passes even when the legacy West Club is not. I've not yet seen the B59 location deny one time pass holders.
Thanks for the tip! Pop-Up here I come!
Old Jan 27, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOISJC744
Despite my attempts to avoid DEN on Polaris journeys due to the lack of a Polaris lounge, I'm connecting in DEN in both directions for a trip to LHR later this month due to superior connection schedules.

Is there anything special at all to recognize Polaris customers in the DEN West UC? Even something as simple as premium drink chits? I assume it is just "nope sorry welcome to our extremely overcrowded lounge" but don't want to miss out given there isn't really enough time to justify a trip over to C for the Amex lounge on this trip.
I believe Polaris customers get a premium drink chit.

Depending on the day, you're probably correct -- the hike to C for the AmEx Centurion lounge probably isn't worth it. The lounge often has a long line waiting to enter the club.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
I peaked at the construction today. They barely started to frame. Can't imagine this place being done in less than 3-6 months at this pace.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
+1

I got to the DEN club yesterday at 0700 and the sign about one-time passes wasn't placed in front. When I left at 0915~, the sign was out, so I imagine the OP may have a chance if they're at the lounge first thing (though not sure if they'd still try to deny entry).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.