Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2024, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Hi All - I just booked an Business Saver award ticket for Feb 2025 as follows:
YVR - (UA-IN class) -ORD - (ET-I class) - ADD (ET-I class) - JNB
The first segment is a redeye from YVR-ORD. UA has never scheduled a redeye during winter IATA season.
It has always been removed from the Winter schedule eventually. I am not sure when this will happen, but I am fairly sure that it will.
So I am wondering if they follow the same pattern and cancel the first redeye flight before Winter season, and re book me on a way earlier flight that day (result is a 4+ hour schedule change, daytime flight), is it within the realm of possibility to not accept the schedule change and instead ask UA for a re route on all UA metal from YVR to JNB?
Old May 7, 2024, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yvr1971
Hi All - I just booked an Business Saver award ticket for Feb 2025 as follows:
YVR - (UA-IN class) -ORD - (ET-I class) - ADD (ET-I class) - JNB
The first segment is a redeye from YVR-ORD. UA has never scheduled a redeye during winter IATA season.
It has always been removed from the Winter schedule eventually. I am not sure when this will happen, but I am fairly sure that it will.
So I am wondering if they follow the same pattern and cancel the first redeye flight before Winter season, and re book me on a way earlier flight that day (result is a 4+ hour schedule change, daytime flight), is it within the realm of possibility to not accept the schedule change and instead ask UA for a re route on all UA metal from YVR to JNB?
Yes, that should be standard, although you may run into an agent who will invent a rule that says that you can't change carriers. HUCA if so.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jsloan
Yes, that should be standard, although you may run into an agent who will invent a rule that says that you can't change carriers. HUCA if so.
Super, thanks for the re assurance. I was a bit worried that if UA cancels or changes one segment significantly, that it would be hard to convince an agent to change from the other partner segments to UA segments. Noted that it may be a HUCA situation.
jsloan likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yvr1971
Super, thanks for the re assurance. I was a bit worried that if UA cancels or changes one segment significantly, that it would be hard to convince an agent to change from the other partner segments to UA segments. Noted that it may be a HUCA situation.
never had an issue with partner changes to get on UA metal, probably done that a dozen times in the past decade. In fact agents are usually happy to have an easy solution. This will require a supervisor to open up IN inventory on the UA flight, but otherwise this is pretty easy IME.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.