Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Future Flight Status Tool (presently non-operative)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Future Flight Status Tool (presently non-operative)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Could you add input type="number" to the HTML for the flight number field? This will show a numeric keyboard on iOS and Android devices.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by getagb
Could you add input type="number" to the HTML for the flight number field? This will show a numeric keyboard on iOS and Android devices.
Done!
Old May 15, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by FL390
Can you try it again now? The error above only occurred when no cookie existed. That's why half the people here, including my self originally, had no issues.

Works well again. Thanks. The problem happened after I removed all the cookies and caches while fixing a malware issue, which matches your diagnostics.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tool was working fine earlier today, but now I am getting "could not process your request" on .bomb flight status page.
Still the same after clearing browsing history & cookies on Google.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Tool was working fine earlier today, but now I am getting "could not process your request" on .bomb flight status page.
Still the same after clearing browsing history & cookies on Google.
worked fine for me just now
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
A good way to debug this is to compare the tool with directly composing a status URL:

Code:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/travel/flightstatus/results.aspx?FLN=1885&FLD=4/28/2016&FSO=EWR&FSD=SFO
In other words, customize the four query terms:

Code:
FLN=1885&FLD=4/28/2016&FSO=EWR&FSD=SFO
I often find these links take a couple of tries.

On a similar note, from the "Manage Reservations" page one can copy the URL for a given reservation, to use later. The "CN" field is critical. My travel spreadsheet synthesizes these links for each of my reservations, from the CN field and the confirmation code. A different script opens all of my reservations at once, to check for changes.

It utterly astonishes me that people would use a third-party web site to avoid composing a flight status URL for themselves, but different strokes... On the other hand, one absolutely does not want to share CN and confirmation codes; anyone could use this to for example cancel your reservation. So here there is a clear advantage to doing this for oneself.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks all for the swift & valuable replies.
It is back up & working now. However, .bomb states "upgrade standby list currently unavailable" for BF and GF cabins. Seems to be a united.com issue though (?)
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks all for the swift & valuable replies.
It is back up & working now. However, .bomb states "upgrade standby list currently unavailable" for BF and GF cabins. Seems to be a united.com issue though (?)
Yes, that has nothing to do with the tool, which, as was pointed out, does nothing but format a URL.

I've found that if I click the tabs often enough, eventually the list will appear. My guess is that the service that is responsible for holding upgrade lists caches the most requested (upcoming) flights, but that it has to go back to the source for other (far future) flights. Those database requests are probably timing out, leading to that message.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott Gold (UA), Hertz PC (UA), HH Gold (cc), Avis PP, National EC Executive
Does this work for flights more than 3/4 days in the future? I used to use a small terminal script on mac to open a web page (just inserting variables into a URL), but I stopped being able to see more than 4 days into the future about 2 years ago.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:59 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bigwings8
Does this work for flights more than 3/4 days in the future? ...
yes

In the past, there were two ways in the past -- the mobile site approach not longer, but the regular site does.
Some history in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...available.html
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lt Plt
https://www.cablepick.net/united

Tried using it but was not able. Has this stopped working for others also?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by marubill
https://www.cablepick.net/united

Still working great for me.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by getagb
Still working great for me.
OK thanks. Probably was just something temporary
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by marubill
It's been really hit or miss for a while now.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's been really hit or miss for a while now.
Yes, I can see that. Now it's working...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.