Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Future Flight Status Tool (presently non-operative)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Future Flight Status Tool (presently non-operative)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jjay
Yeah I've been using this method ever since the tool broke. Downside: it could clear all future travel you have under "my trips" tab in the app even after you set the date on your phone back to the correct date. It's sort of annoying but seems to be the only workaround for now
I have been using this method too, change date on my iphone, then I am able to check the flight I want, then change date back and then I can still check it, sucks to have to do it that way but at least it works
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:50 pm

This works for me in Windows10 as well (changing system date and then checking). Also just using flight status tab on the UAL website, there's no need to login to my account.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA1MM, *G,HA Premier Club, Hyatt Disc, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTPlat, ClubCarlson Gold, IHG PlatAmb
Originally Posted by whitethunder
I have been using this method too, change date on my iphone, then I am able to check the flight I want, then change date back and then I can still check it, sucks to have to do it that way but at least it works
Is it just me or when I change the date to future date (on both iPad or iPhone), and checking the Flight Status, I get a 'Data service unavailable' from the United app? Tried with WiFi or without WiFi (i.e. using cellular). Verified that I still have solid Internet connectivity (and can browse other site).

Also tried going to united.com from a Firefox browser (via iPad, with system date/time changed to future date) and CAN open the flight but nothing shows when tapping on 'Seats' or 'Upgrades'.

Thx in advance!
Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: United 1k,, MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (with Ambasador), Herz Pres.Circle
Originally Posted by Jamester
Is it just me or when I change the date to future date (on both iPad or iPhone), and checking the Flight Status, I get a 'Data service unavailable' from the United app? Tried with WiFi or without WiFi (i.e. using cellular). Verified that I still have solid Internet connectivity (and can browse other site).

Also tried going to united.com from a Firefox browser (via iPad, with system date/time changed to future date) and CAN open the flight but nothing shows when tapping on 'Seats' or 'Upgrades'.

Thx in advance!
Changing the date has worked on my iPad.....I hate that the cable pick tool is broken....ugh!!!
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Love2flyfirst
Changing the date has worked on my iPad.....I hate that the cable pick tool is broken....ugh!!!
^ Sincerely hope it will be back!
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by villox

there is a trick on the United app where if you set your phone’s clock to a date in the future, the app will let you query the status for a flight on or around that date. If you then subscribe to push notifications for that flight, it will stay there in flight status even when you set your clock back to the correct date.

i use this all the time to monitor seat maps and upgrades for future flights.
the trick to change your date on your phone see a future flight still works, however it seems that when I try to subscribe to a push notification so that it sticks around in my flights after you change the time back, it now gives an error.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the trick to change your date on your phone see a future flight still works, however it seems that when I try to subscribe to a push notification so that it sticks around in my flights after you change the time back, it now gives an error.
It's not working at all for me.

My previously-saved push notifications do still give information, at least.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: AA Plat
Son of a gun! I noticed that yesterday too! I was hoping it was just a personal glitch. Guess they're on to us!!!

It looks like they fixed the unsubscribe to push button though!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:46 am

Still works fine for me and the flights stick around even after I change the date back.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
After I changed the system clock (Windows 10), I was able to go to flight status of a future.date. However, there is no data displaced. A statement says that data will be refreshed when available, or something like that.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:32 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
After I changed the system clock (Windows 10), I was able to go to flight status of a future.date. However, there is no data displaced. A statement says that data will be refreshed when available, or something like that.
Appears adjusting to a future date on desktop / W10 system, UA's flight status is limited to a week in the future. Is this true for other devices (smartphones, ios devices, ...)?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Appears adjusting to a future date on desktop / W10 system, UA's flight status is limited to a week in the future. Is this true for other devices (smartphones, ios devices, ...)?
Not on iOS.
Flying Machine and VRFast like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
For a trip I am taking this week I successfully added the flights to My flights way back in early January by changing my iPhone date and then subscribing to notifications. I have been compulsively watching the upgrade list ever since and have even started to question whether this new found ability+access to information is beneficial to the mental health of a frequent flyer.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The problem
I reported some time ago was on Windows 10. I have no problem on my Android phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.