Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
11 Feb 2019
Information for passengers departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART or BEST fare and who have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator card have access to Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART fare and who have a Miles & More Frequent Traveller card have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a BEST fare have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold card only have access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges if they are customers of United Airlines (UA) or All Nippon Airways (NH).
Originally Posted by FlyingPhD
The german version of the Lufthansa website clearly says that no fare restriction apply.

lufthansa.com/de/de/loungetypen-und-zugang

Gäste, die eine Star Alliance Gold Card besitzen, haben nur dann Zugang zu den Senator und Business Lounges der Lufthansa, wenn sie Kunden der Fluggesellschaften United Airlines (UA) und All Nippon Airways (NH) sind. Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhängig.
" Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhängig. " ==> "This is independent of the booked tariff (fare)"

older wording
[LH Lounge access] Advice for passengers who are departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers have free access to the Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges in Germany provided they have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator Card.
  • Passengers who have booked the Eurowings BEST fare and Frequent Travellers who have booked the SMART fare are entitled to use the Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their flight.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges.
  • Not confirmed, but plausible: Rules will change from March 26, 2017:
    Access to LH Lounge is only possible when departing on a SMART or BEST fare. BASIC fare does not entitle to lounge access.
Print Wikipost

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Your first sentence is correct. Both the German and English statements on the website are correct (and identical) but the use of the words Kunde and customer is misleading in both. It should be made clear, in that case, that the cards were issues by MileagePlus, etc. But another interpretation isn't really possible since in this case you are a EW customer in the ticket sense.
Right.. in English, I would probably guess "customer of United" meant "on an 016 ticket" or "UA marketed EW flight" or some such, but I could see a world where you interpret that as something like "a regular customer of UA [such that *G is from UA]"... wasn't sure how "Kunden der Fluggesellschaften United" would scan to a native German speaker since I just translated to "customer of..." and then thought about it

Knowing the way LH operates in general, the policy as worded today seems like it will continue to cause problems.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
In English, for example, it should say 'is a member (or customer if you really want to use that word) of United Airlines' MileagePlus program'.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by halls120
This. I always buy Smart fares, and have never once been questioned or refused entry.
As drink & snack are no longer included in Smart, UA *Gs don't have many reasons left to buy a Smart fare though.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by delpiero223
As drink & snack are no longer included in Smart, UA *Gs don't have many reasons left to buy a Smart fare though.
guaranteed hand baggage in cabin and one free checked bag is why I purchase Smart fares.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:14 am

guaranteed hand baggage in cabin and one free checked bag is why I purchase Smart fares.

As luggage is usually cheaper than Smart-fare it would be interesting to know, whether UA *G are entitled to Group 1 Boarding now. According to UA website they should:
"Premier Gold, Platinum and 1K®: members are eligible for priority check-in and boarding where available"

However when I first experienced EW boarding groups on my BP in April, it was not yet the case.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:44 am

As luggage is usually cheaper than Smart-fare it would be interesting to know, whether UA *G are entitled to Group 1 Boarding now. According to UA website they should:
"Premier Gold, Platinum and 1K®: members are eligible for priority check-in and boarding where available"

However when I first experienced EW boarding groups on my BP in April, it was not yet the case.
I’ve had priority boarding on 4 of 6 EW flights this year.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:02 am

I’ve had priority boarding on 4 of 6 EW flights this year.
Was it the new Group 1 & Group 2 Boarding process or the "old" one? (for SEN, HON, Best and UA/ANA *G)?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:26 am

Was it the new Group 1 & Group 2 Boarding process or the "old" one? (for SEN, HON, Best and UA/ANA *G)?
Old one.
delpiero223 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: UA GS
I’m flying EW between LHR and DUS on Saturday with a no-status companion. Does anyone know if we’d be able to use the gold track security at LHR?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:01 am
Suspended

Officially no, neither of you can, since Gold Track is a *A benefit and EW is not in the alliance. It usually works if you show them your card, but be prepared to be sent back.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Officially no, neither of you can, since Gold Track is a *A benefit and EW is not in the alliance. It usually works if you show them your card, but be prepared to be sent back.
Given the summer holiday season I'll just spend the $15 on paid fast track so I don't have to worry about it. And then see if they'll let us into the Senator lounge without a fuss.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Can’t wait until LH puts away its Eurowings game, but I am definitely not eager to see what else LH may try to cut back on when it comes to partner *Gs (from beyond the LH program group) flying LH.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Can’t wait until LH puts away its Eurowings game, but I am definitely not eager to see what else LH may try to cut back on when it comes to partner *Gs (from beyond the LH program group) flying LH.
what's the cutback here? You still earn PQM, get lounge access and so on. In-flight experience is decent. What's the concern?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cfischer
what's the cutback here? You still earn PQM, get lounge access and so on. In-flight experience is decent. What's the concern?
LH is getting rid of Eurowings long-haul. I want it gone on short-haul as well, but I’m not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:24 am
Suspended

EW SH is here to stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.