Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
11 Feb 2019
Information for passengers departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART or BEST fare and who have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator card have access to Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART fare and who have a Miles & More Frequent Traveller card have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a BEST fare have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold card only have access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges if they are customers of United Airlines (UA) or All Nippon Airways (NH).
Originally Posted by FlyingPhD
The german version of the Lufthansa website clearly says that no fare restriction apply.

lufthansa.com/de/de/loungetypen-und-zugang

Gäste, die eine Star Alliance Gold Card besitzen, haben nur dann Zugang zu den Senator und Business Lounges der Lufthansa, wenn sie Kunden der Fluggesellschaften United Airlines (UA) und All Nippon Airways (NH) sind. Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhängig.
" Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhängig. " ==> "This is independent of the booked tariff (fare)"

older wording
[LH Lounge access] Advice for passengers who are departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers have free access to the Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges in Germany provided they have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator Card.
  • Passengers who have booked the Eurowings BEST fare and Frequent Travellers who have booked the SMART fare are entitled to use the Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their flight.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges.
  • Not confirmed, but plausible: Rules will change from March 26, 2017:
    Access to LH Lounge is only possible when departing on a SMART or BEST fare. BASIC fare does not entitle to lounge access.
Print Wikipost

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Did better than me at CGN, travelling alone, where they had not heard of 1K and would only permit UA Golds and Platinums to visit the lounge, not 1ks. *G made no difference as I was on Eurowings.
did you ask for a supervisor? This is pretty bad something as common as UA 1K. :LH agents see that dozens of times a day.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Did better than me at CGN, travelling alone, where they had not heard of 1K and would only permit UA Golds and Platinums to visit the lounge, not 1ks. *G made no difference as I was on Eurowings.
What I don't understand is 1Ks are *G. What were you using to show status that did also show *G?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:48 am

Just visited the TXL and DUS Senator lounges flying a EuroWings Basic fare. After showing my United Gold digital (not physical) card, it was scanned along with the boarding pass I was granted access. They did however, give me funny looks, I suspect it's uncommon for people on Light fares with UA*Gold status to be visiting said lounges? For reference my routing with EW today is TXL > DUS > LAS.

Safe Travels,

James

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 3, 2019 at 6:53 am Reason: Removed OT discussion
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Eurowings Basic Fare + LHR

Any access as UA *G?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by keitherson

Any access as UA *G?
Yes.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:00 am
Suspended

Any access as UA *G?
yes. Lounge access are mostly controlled by machine scanning your boarding pass nowadays.

Last edited by Mama; Jan 29, 2020 at 1:09 am
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:21 am

Interesting. But NO access at LH*G because that requires a SMART or higher fare, correct?

At LHR can you access the United Club or only the LH lounge?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any access as UA *G?
never a problem in LHR, they are pretty used to the UA benefit with EW.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
never a problem in LHR, they are pretty used to the UA benefit with EW.
Awesome, thank you.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting. But NO access at LH*G because that requires a SMART or higher fare, correct?

no access as LH*G, correct. Only NH*G and UA*G.

Since the UA Club is far far away from the EW gates it makes no sense to try and go there if you have an EW flight, the LH lounge is nice enough!
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA

Assuming you mean at LH*G lounges, then you have the access rules reversed. UA and NH *G can access only LH business/Senator lounges when flying on basic fares. There is no access to any other *A lounges, regardless of fare or status since EW is neither a *A airline nor connecting partner.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Have any UA*G recently accessed a Lufthansa lounge when traveling on Eurowings? Just curious if this benefit, which is still listed on the United website when traveling with Eurowings, survived COVID.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by sannmann
Have any UA*G recently accessed a Lufthansa lounge when traveling on Eurowings? Just curious if this benefit, which is still listed on the United website when traveling with Eurowings, survived COVID.
Yes, I did not last May in MUC. You need to show your *G card for UA. I am a 1K and 1MM so have *G. It was not enough to show the BP you need to show the actual card.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Yes, I did not last May in MUC. You need to show your *G card for UA. I am a 1K and 1MM so have *G. It was not enough to show the BP you need to show the actual card.
Do you still have a physical card or did you show the card on the app?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by German Expat
Do you still have a physical card or did you show the card on the app?
The app since the physical card had expired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.