Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
11 Feb 2019
Information for passengers departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART or BEST fare and who have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator card have access to Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART fare and who have a Miles & More Frequent Traveller card have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a BEST fare have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold card only have access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges if they are customers of United Airlines (UA) or All Nippon Airways (NH).
Originally Posted by FlyingPhD
The german version of the Lufthansa website clearly says that no fare restriction apply.

lufthansa.com/de/de/loungetypen-und-zugang

Gäste, die eine Star Alliance Gold Card besitzen, haben nur dann Zugang zu den Senator und Business Lounges der Lufthansa, wenn sie Kunden der Fluggesellschaften United Airlines (UA) und All Nippon Airways (NH) sind. Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhängig.
" Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhängig. " ==> "This is independent of the booked tariff (fare)"

older wording
[LH Lounge access] Advice for passengers who are departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers have free access to the Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges in Germany provided they have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator Card.
  • Passengers who have booked the Eurowings BEST fare and Frequent Travellers who have booked the SMART fare are entitled to use the Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their flight.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges.
  • Not confirmed, but plausible: Rules will change from March 26, 2017:
    Access to LH Lounge is only possible when departing on a SMART or BEST fare. BASIC fare does not entitle to lounge access.
Print Wikipost

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: *bucks Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto

I am 99% sure it's only LH lounges not OS or LX.

I redeemed UA miles (X/economy) to get from Vienna to Santorini on Eurowings in June last year, and I was able to access the OS lounge in VIE with no issues as a UA Gold. IIRC, my BP did not have *G printed on it. Presented my FF card to the dragon.

Last edited by GUM_elite; Jan 25, 2018 at 12:38 am
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
my routes are stuttgart-munich-stansted

and
stuttgart stansted (germanwings)

these are all x fares(award tkts)-what class is this for baggage?
thanks
Originally Posted by GUM_elite
I redeemed UA miles (X/economy) to get from Vienna to Santorini on Eurowings in June last year, and I was able to access the OS lounge in VIE with no issues as a UA Gold. IIRC, my BP did not have *G printed on it. Presented my FF card to the dragon.
All mileage redemption tickets are at least SMART class, lounge access and 1 bag is included, +1 if you have UA or ANA *G
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Does this apply to LH lounges only or all LH group airlines? Can I get access to LX lounge in ZRH for example?
no, you cannot access LX lounges in ZRH unless you are on LX codeshare ... then it reportedly works.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
no, you cannot access LX lounges in ZRH unless you are on LX codeshare ... then it reportedly works.
i dont quite follow this-as a united 1k you cant access the lx lounges if you are on a lufthansa flight?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
i dont quite follow this-as a united 1k you cant access the lx lounges if you are on a lufthansa flight?
If I follow, I believe the comment is that you cannot access an LX lounge when departing on EW metal unless it is an LX marketed flight.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:36 pm

i see -thanks.you are all very helpful.
one more thing for eurowings etc can you still bring a guest into the lounge who is flying on the same ticket if you are a united 1k?
thanks
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Huh. I thought this was actually a different subsidiary! Germanwings (4U) still exists according to UA ( https://www.united.com/cms/en-us/mar...spx?itemid=625 ). As far as I can tell, Eurowings (EW) is a different subsidiary; it looks like their BOS-CGN flight is a wet-lease operated by Sunexpress on behalf of Eurowings.

But -- wait -- did EW take over all of the 4U routes? Are they just 4U again?!
Remember the Germanwings crash where a pilot apparently committed suicide by crashing the plane with everyone on board?
Well, apparently so did quite a few other people, especially in Germany.

So they decided to rebrand it as EW, and fold it into its sister subsidiary Eurowings (both owned by LH). So the two are now one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanwings
and
Germanwings Rebranding As Eurowings This Fall - One Mile at a Time
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by cfischer
I flew EW (codeshare LH) from ZRH and no problem using the lounge.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
I flew EW (codeshare LH) from ZRH and no problem using the lounge.
o.k., yes, codeshares. LX also allows access to SEN lounges on WK flights when on LX code. This is just how they work. Reportedly there are issues with a 4U or EW flight # to get access. Technically the rule only allows access to LH lounges.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:17 pm

sorry to ask this again,but as a 1k can you bring a guest into lufthansa lounge when travelling on eurowings or germanwings?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:25 pm

noone seems to know the answer to my question above but I have one more question..
can you also use the lounges if you are flying on air dolomiti?
thanks
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
All mileage redemption tickets are at least SMART class, lounge access and 1 bag is included, +1 if you have UA or ANA *G
sorry to resurrect this again-but advice seems to be different to below..
from post above it should be 2 bags if you are 1k on a award ticket(SMART class) but below says it will only be one?

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Departure on an UA award on eurowings ?
Bag allowance depends on ticket's allowance, no UA elite benefits.
LH lounge access - yes

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 11, 2018 at 8:08 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA
noone seems to know the answer to my question above but I have one more question..
can you also use the lounges if you are flying on air dolomiti?
thanks
Not sure, LH group is really a mess with this stuff.

sorry to ask this again,but as a 1k can you bring a guest into lufthansa lounge when travelling on eurowings or germanwings?
Never tried.

sorry to resurrect this again-but advice seems to be different to below..
from post above it should be 2 bags if you are 1k on a award ticket(SMART class) but below says it will only be one?
I checked 2 bags for free as a *G on an award ticket last September. The agent at the counter initially let me check 1 and he fiddled around in the computer for 30 seconds and let me put a 2nd one on for free, he said it was something with UA *G. YMMV, either way its only about 7-10 Euros to check a bag.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:28 pm

as a data point air dolomoti flight doesnt allow lh lounge access as i discovered to my chagrin.
only if LH flight number.coming off lh connecting flight didnt matter
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
YMMV, either way its only about 7-10 Euros to check a bag.
This only applies for the first bag when booking Basic. The 2nd bag will cost 75€ to 100€, even in SMART:

So it might become pretty expensive. when 2nd bag for UA *G (not an official benefit) is not granted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.