Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I'm on the 1235 pm ORD-LAS tomorrow. Trying to switch to 899. Perhaps I should stick to the lunch flight if that is my only option.
Hard to tell as we had an equipment swap and long delay and not sure if that affected catering or not - suffice it to say the cheese enchilada isn't great (insert more colorful language here).....
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:29 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Hard to tell as we had an equipment swap and long delay and not sure if that affected catering or not - suffice it to say the cheese enchilada isn't great (insert more colorful language here).....
I take that (or the earlier) flight almost every other week. Usually it's the French Toast or quiche or the eggs or oatmeal. You are probably right on this being an anomaly.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Today's "breakfast" on UA 899 ORD - LAS. Had choice of cheese enchilada or cheese enchilada (only 1 choice catered apparently) - hope picture comes out right trying to figure out iPhone versus FT photo issues.... Didn't enjoy meal at all and my heart attack on a plate scone on first flight at 6am was way better....
Ewww, looks eerily similar to the barfetto of years past.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
I have no idea how this happened, but on UA548 right now enroute to DEN from EWR they just served me a lobster Mac & cheese with more lobster than macaroni. I actually enjoyed this more than any other international catering on any other *A carriers by far, on a domestic too, absolutely mind blowing...all I ever get out of YYC is chicken or chicken.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
Question

Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
Yes, I do DEN-YYC-DEN 30-40 times a year and it really upset me. Especially as it is pretty hard to get hot food before the 5:30am boarding. Sandwiches in the lounge are the best alternative.
GS finally explained that it was caused by the caterer change.
I do this route about 6x a year connecting onward and always grab breakfast at Burger King at YYC transborder terminal. Can't wait to have the new terminal open in Oct and get some real food choices lol.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 20, 2016 at 10:28 pm Reason: language
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
IAD->LAX
First on 3 class 777

Refill offered on nuts
Changed to a G&T from the Moscow Mule

Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: US CP, AA EXP, UA, IC Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Ord-iah 767-300 f

ORD-IAH
767-300 "Lunch"

Choice of "Cold Asian beef salad" or "burrito"

Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by goodeats21
IAD->LAX
First on 3 class 777

OK, I have to ask. I see carrots and potatoes, but what is that lump at the top? Some sort of beef?
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by 1kBill
OK, I have to ask. I see carrots and potatoes, but what is that lump at the top? Some sort of beef?
LOL Yeah. Some type of beef roast type thing, though it wasn't described as such. A lot of fat on it, but tasted ok once I cut away those parts.

Potatoes and carrots were actually cooked pretty well. They still had some texture to them.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by goodeats21
They still had some texture to them.
Hey! 'Rubbery' is still a texture!
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:11 pm

Just flew LAS to ORD and all they had was cereal or some type of red pepper slab-o-quiche - I choose to stick with the tried and true Bloody Mary instead for its nutritional value and it's well known healing properties post LAS...

I rarely fly domestic UA so how can I find the amazing lobster Mac and cheese so popular here????
Old Apr 23, 2016, 4:20 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I take that (or the earlier) flight almost every other week. Usually it's the French Toast or quiche or the eggs or oatmeal. You are probably right on this being an anomaly.
To follow up, I took 899 the day after you did and the options were the eggs or oatmeal.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 4:51 pm

EWR-AUS dinner

I rarely fly domestic UA so how can I find the amazing lobster Mac and cheese so popular here????
Lobster mac & cheese was one of the dinner options on the EWR-AUS dinner flight last week. The other option was tandoori chicken.

Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Friday April 22 DEN-SNA "Breakfast" which was actually "Snack" due to new meal times.
This flight on a 737-700 blocked at 2hr 28min. Had it been 3 minutes longer a hot breakfast offering would have been provided. Instead we had a continental breakfast, one choice for the cabin.

Sorry, I'll fix the photo links later, not sure why they aren't showing up.

Friday April 22 SNA-DEN Dinner service. On this A320 our choices were Southwestern Chicken Salad or Shrimp Paella. While the FA did an excellent job plating and featuring the shrimp, there was just the one, along with chicken and sausage. I really don't mind the prepackaged cookie either, and I wonder if they do that because the flight time is under 2 hours and they just don't have enough time to do dinner and prepare them in time to close up the galley before landing (often early due to chop into DEN).

Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:46 am

To follow up, I took 899 the day after you did and the options were the eggs or oatmeal.
I'm clearly doing something fundamentally wrong when I fly UA domestically

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.