Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 10:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
PS flight?

There will be a basket of goodies--packaged popcorn, brownie brittle, other veggie chips/breadsticks, cornish hens, and often fresh fruit. Have a nice nap!
Thanks for the info! Much better than what I got on a AA redeye last year. Just one drink and nuts. No snack baskets or any snack items from ORD to LAX in first class. I even asked. Can't really complain since United put us on AA when our plane went tech and we missed or connection at ORD. Our original United flight was supposed to be a dinner flight with the new FC menu. The food vouchers and the new enhanced snacks at United Club kept the family from a miserable 4+ hours.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Had a great meal on UA 1564, BOS>ORD yesterday. Choices were either salad with salmon, or chicken over rice with an avocado salsa garnish. The chicken was moist, the rice piping hot, the salsa tasty, avocado eerily fresh. I honestly don't know how they did it. (A citric acid bath probably played a role in the avocado's case!)

Looking forward to my flight back so I can sample another meal and try the new food being tested in the B18 UC, though I've mentally prepared myself for an hour-long PreCheck wait before I make it airside.

Name:  27063933385_d051201b37_c_d.jpg
Views: 1705
Size:  208.3 KB
Old May 17, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Got the Moscow Mule in ps BF EWR-SFO today and the flight attendant asked me how it was - I guess she has never tried it and/or never got feedback from pax before? She told me they only load 2 bottles - not sure if that is for BF or the entire flight though.
Old May 21, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I'm on a 11:20pm west coast redeye tonight to EWR blocked at 5hrs 18mins - what should I expect in F? App lists the meal as a "snack".
Old May 22, 2016, 11:52 pm

UA 1614 LAX - IAH In First Class. Redeye refreshment flight. Pre departure drink offered. I had the prosecco for PDB and then a gin and tonic with the snack basket items.
Name:  27187064885_b5e5b2daa8_c.jpg
Views: 1310
Size:  84.3 KBDSC06450 by B H, on Flickr

Name:  27187061945_a8ab31abf3_c.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  65.6 KBDSC06470 by B H, on Flickr

Name:  26580944894_b20956f9f2_c.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  150.2 KBDSC06472 by B H, on Flickr

Name:  26912245750_0dc1919e57_c.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  189.1 KBDSC06474 by B H, on Flickr
Old May 22, 2016, 11:56 pm

UA 1772 IAH - SAT morning flight. No PDB, but warmed blueberry muffins and beverage on a 45 min flight. Second round of drinks and muffins were offered.

Name:  26582112473_439b931870_c.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  106.7 KBDSC06533 by B H, on Flickr

Name:  27187055455_ae8c5d3a4f_c.jpg
Views: 1351
Size:  93.5 KBDSC06537 by B H, on Flickr
Old May 24, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
ORD-HNL Breakfast was "Egg", French Toast, or Cereal. I had the French Toast and it was good but just a tad too much raspberry sauce on it. The egg was a square egg that didn't look to tasty, the flight attendant made no effort to describe what kind of "Egg" it was. Arrival was a Hamburger, (no choice)

HNL-ORD

Just a fantastic crew and a fantastic meal!

Departure meal choices, to start, spinach, watermelon, feta salad with a rasberry dressing, entree choices were, Chicken with rice and kimchi, Salmon with quinoa, or roasted vegetable pasta. I chose the chicken and it was the best UA meal ever. I'm not a chicken fan, but this was the most tender, juicy chicken ever on an airplane. My seat mate, a GS, told me his salmon was the best meal on international BF or Domestic First, ever.

Desert was a fantastic Mango Sorbet.

The flight attendant showed every passenger a picture of each meal. I have never seen this in the past. It was a color laminated sheet with all the meals that were being served for the month, (I guess).

Breakfast served 90 minutes from landing, Oatmeal with Cranberry's, brown sugar served on the side in a packet, and a fruit plate with bread roll. This too was fantastic, fresh fruit, great oatmeal. FA's came around asking if anyone wanted seconds of the oatmeal. Several people took the offer.

This was the best flight crew in a very very long time. They were amazing and truly loved being a flight attendant for UA. All 3 working first class came around and thanked everyone for flying UA.

Good job UA!!
Old May 24, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by seat38a
UA 1614 LAX - IAH In First Class. Redeye refreshment flight. Pre departure drink offered. I had the prosecco for PDB and then a gin and tonic with the snack basket items.

Attachment 12860DSC06472 by B H, on Flickr
Lol did you ask the FA to hold the basket while you took a picture? I appreciate the dedication haha
Old May 24, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
ORD-HNL Breakfast was "Egg", French Toast, or Cereal. I had the French Toast and it was good but just a tad too much raspberry sauce on it. The egg was a square egg that didn't look to tasty, the flight attendant made no effort to describe what kind of "Egg" it was. Arrival was a Hamburger, (no choice)

HNL-ORD

Just a fantastic crew and a fantastic meal!

Departure meal choices, to start, spinach, watermelon, feta salad with a rasberry dressing, entree choices were, Chicken with rice and kimchi, Salmon with quinoa, or roasted vegetable pasta. I chose the chicken and it was the best UA meal ever. I'm not a chicken fan, but this was the most tender, juicy chicken ever on an airplane. My seat mate, a GS, told me his salmon was the best meal on international BF or Domestic First, ever.

Desert was a fantastic Mango Sorbet.

The flight attendant showed every passenger a picture of each meal. I have never seen this in the past. It was a color laminated sheet with all the meals that were being served for the month, (I guess).

Breakfast served 90 minutes from landing, Oatmeal with Cranberry's, brown sugar served on the side in a packet, and a fruit plate with bread roll. This too was fantastic, fresh fruit, great oatmeal. FA's came around asking if anyone wanted seconds of the oatmeal. Several people took the offer.

This was the best flight crew in a very very long time. They were amazing and truly loved being a flight attendant for UA. All 3 working first class came around and thanked everyone for flying UA.

Good job UA!!
I just got excited hoping to get something similar on my EWR-HNL flight. Won't hold my breath but it seems the more I'vd checked back on this thread, the more I've seen actual enhancements. Keep going UA!
Old May 24, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 1010 BOS-SFO, 5/17
737-900, seat 2A

I bought a P fare instead of going through the usual upgrade lottery on an unusually long transcon. That got a meal that was mostly new to me:

• The warm nuts--scorchingly hot at first, actually--included some kind of greenish nut with a pleasant crunch and a mostly empty interior that I couldn't place. Ideas?

• The salad was its usual fresh self, except for the too-sweet lemon vinaigrette. You only want to drip that over the salad.

• Main was a meltingly tender sort of beef brisket with BBQ sauce (vaguely described by the FA as "beef"). That portion size would be considered insultingly small in Austin, but it was delicious and overall I had more than enough food to eat. The sides were the weakest part of the meal; the sautéed/grilled bell peppers were not the most creative choice, and the grits could've used more cheese.

• Would I like a sundae with whipped cream or hot chocolate? Yes.

• Warm chocolate-chip cookie arrived an hour or so before landing.
Attached Images     
Old May 24, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by DCA writer
UA 1010 BOS-SFO, 5/17
737-900, seat 2A

• The warm nuts--scorchingly hot at first, actually--included some kind of greenish nut with a pleasant crunch and a mostly empty interior that I couldn't place. Ideas?
Looks like edamame
Old May 24, 2016, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Lol did you ask the FA to hold the basket while you took a picture? I appreciate the dedication haha
When I asked her if I could take a picture, at first she looked at me funny and then held the basket out for me to take the picture.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Last Week SFO-EWR Lunch Time PS Flight

Old May 25, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Same stuff, different day, but of course you always make it look awesome, UA_Flyer!! ^
Old May 26, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver
E175 full meals

What are folks seeing for the full meal options on the E175 these days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.