Wiki Posts
Search

New safety video coming

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
New safety video coming

Sounds like a new safety video is in the works based on this offer email I received today. Just when I was getting the current one memorized. Wonder if it will be serious, goofy or whimsical?

Go behind-the-scenes at United Airlines World Headquarters
Join us on May 12th at Willis Tower for the filming of our next in-flight safety video. You and a guest will experience the "Hollywood" hair and makeup treatment, enjoy a private tour of the United Network Operations Center and receive hotel accommodations in downtown Chicago.
This experience includes:

Roundtrip United Economy® domestic airfare for two to Chicago, IL (ORD)*

Three night hotel accommodations for two in Chicago (Monday, May 11 - Thursday, May 14, 2015)

Pre-shoot hair and makeup treatment

A day on the set of the next United in-flight safety video

Behind-the-scenes tour for two of the United Network Operations Center
Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Bid now.

Link to bid here: https://exclusives.mileageplus.com/L..._date=20150427

No clue if it is open to anyone or was targeted.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I just hope it is shorter. The current one is entertaining, but takes too long.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by fjfv19
I just hope it is shorter. The current one is entertaining, but takes too long.
It WAS entertaining, the first 20 or so times. I think they probably used it longer because of how much it took to produce. So maybe they should go back to simplifying.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by villox
It WAS entertaining, the first 20 or so times. I think they probably used it longer because of how much it took to produce. So maybe they should go back to simplifying.
I don't mind the length. Just like the DL 80's one it's really funny.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by villox
Agreed. When I rode the island hopper in February, we had to watch that video on every leg. Got old very fast.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
UA has the worst safety video out there IMO. DL beats them hands down.

Looking forward to a new video. Maybe, just once, UA can do something that doesn't copy DL (in a horrible fashion) and instead make it something unique to UA that's funny and gets the point across at the same time?

I *really really* wish they would stop playing the stupid credit card commercials after the video. Some FAs turn off the system or at least mute it during this time which I love. So tired of hearing how some woman can see Brazil in her future.

-RM
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Just make it shorter already. I used to like it but now hate it. Especially the scary pilot in the opening scene who is anything but welcoming.

Also in the following UA credit card ad, I can't stand that dizzy women who tells us she sees Brazil in her future whilst doing some sort of kerpow type movement with her arm. For some reason her voice and that silly move just rub me the wrong way. Or the dopey guy who tells me that going to see his family means a lot to him. Well, I never would have guessed that!

Just saw RM has exactly the same feeling.!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
Agreed. When I rode the island hopper in February, we had to watch that video on every leg. Got old very fast.
same experience here.

i'm flying the island hopper again in late september. i would hope that something being filmed in mid-may would be pushed fleet-wide by then.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
The current safety video is still a nice thing. I still laugh at the pouch jokes.

But I would just recycle this one--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJbAWvSP45Y
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 am

I hope Jeff makes a comeback on our new videos....missing that smiling face every day
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
They need to be serious about this safety video. The people who really need to watch it are the ones who don't fly often. References to real aircraft cabin layout and identifying items should be the focus. It seems references to a taxi cab, tour bus, palm tree, fighting Gondola, etc. was over the top. I don't take safety as entertainment, I take it seriously. I've sat through 3,500+ safety announcements/videos so I think I understand what to do in event of emergency. I am more concerned of my fellow travelers who are not plane savvy that they might not know what to do because the video made light of a very serious matter and did a poor job educating the non-seasoned traveler.

Originally Posted by dank0014
I hope Jeff makes a comeback on our new videos....missing that smiling face every day
Does anyone think that I would get in trouble because "somehow" my in seat video monitor ended up cracking when Smisek showed his smiling face? I hate it when that happens.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 30, 2015 at 11:21 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
The current safety video is still a nice thing. I still laugh at the pouch jokes.
does anyone have any idea what those two guys fighting on top of the gondola was supposed to be? i never got that one.

and yes i'm also in the camp of making it serious and relatable on an actual plane, but still having it be amusing. i agree, the latest delta one does a good job of that.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
does anyone have any idea what those two guys fighting on top of the gondola was supposed to be? i never got that one.
James Bond fight scene.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:32 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
does anyone have any idea what those two guys fighting on top of the gondola was supposed to be?....
see wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...er-2014-a.html
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: El Al, US Airways, United
Originally Posted by fjfv19
James Bond fight scene.
The only Bond scene I can relate that to was from Moonraker, between Bond and Jaws. But that was in Rio.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.