Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New safety video coming

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:10 am

Looks fine to me....thank goodness they avoided going surreal like Delta has in its iterations.

Just wish it were closer to 2-3 minutes instead of 4+.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by RockinRon
New safety video is out:
https://amp.twimg.com/v/0bad10f5-809...c-fddbcb4dc2ef

Not sure when we'll see it on the planes yet. I don't fly again until Friday so maybe aligned with the beginning of the month?
New video wasn't on my flight yesterday, but neither was Jeffy ^
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
New video wasn't on my flight yesterday, but neither was Jeffy ^
Couldn't say the same for the 767 I was on yesterday. It was an old promo video too, with Jeffy in the introduction. No preview video either.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Rainey is still on some seatback personal IFE systems as of yesterday (march of dimes promo slide); if anything i'd think jeff will be trickier to scrub from the system.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Is that an actual Scottish castle in the new safety video or just a film set? It looks a bit like Warwick Castle.

Absolutely heartbroken that they got rid of the kangaroo "tear open the pouch" gag. The vanishing groom does not make up for it.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Is that an actual Scottish castle in the new safety video or just a film set? It looks a bit like Warwick Castle.

Absolutely heartbroken that they got rid of the kangaroo "tear open the pouch" gag. The vanishing groom does not make up for it.
The kangaroo does make an appearance at the end during curtain call :P
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Aha, at the far right. Good eye.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
FWIW - My kids like Frankie the selfie-obsessed llama.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
The new video still has the syntactically-awkward line, "...If you are unable or uncomfortable, please ask a flight attendant to be moved."

Why, United Airlines, would I want a flight attendant to be moved?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Looks fine to me....thank goodness they avoided going surreal like Delta has in its iterations.

Just wish it were closer to 2-3 minutes instead of 4+.
Indeed. however, this comes in at less time than most of the competitors.
Here is the culprit

FAR 121-24C Passenger Briefing

There are Eleven (TWELVE for extended overwater Operations) items that are mandated to be covered. Put that into video format, and try to make so that people will actually pay attention, and you get something > 4 minutes.

There is approx. 30 seconds of transition - 10-12 seconds at the beginning and approx. 20 sec more throughout, of Rhapsody in Blue to segue between items. Probably no one would vote to have that removed...... it's "iconic" you know.

Overall- a fairly good effort. Production is pretty crisp. Has a few carry overs from the last video (there are posts here lamenting the kangaroo missing, with a follow up post pointing out that it is in fact in the curtain call) I guess if people are watching that closely, it has generated some interest.
---See PTahCha's post below

Originally Posted by wxguy
The new video still has the syntactically-awkward line, "...If you are unable or uncomfortable, please ask a flight attendant to be moved."

To quote Jessie the Cowgirl from Toy Story 2... "That's FUNNY Bullseye" (good linguistic catch ^)

Last edited by xzh445; Sep 29, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Here are some subtle easter eggs:

Picture of Gershwin
Llama and kangeroo club covers
"Fly the Friendly Skies" in Hawaiian
Group 1/2/3/4/5 pylons and lines
Balloon llamas (although they look more like lambs)
For folks who read Chinese: United Airlines.. Warm Feelings (closest thing to Friendly)
Large desktop servers
Live kangeroo
Actors doing stretches

Originally Posted by wxguy

But it's FAA-approved! ^
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I like the wedding scene where the groom disappears during the loss of electrical power.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
I don't get it at all. It's a weird theme and message.

BTW: I'll admit I support Delta but I even think their safety videos have become crap. Bring back the UA Maurice F/A style videos from 2008-- you know the classy, "if you cannot perform the functions on the safety card, look for reseating after this video "BING!"
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
I like the new version. But I thought I heard a Wilhelm Scream in the preview for this on on the plane last week. And in this new version, I don't see/hear it. There was one in the last version, many producers make it a trademark or signature thing. If you didn't know this was a thing, Google it. You will be amazed!
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Cute video! Nice to have something new before take-off. Well done UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.