Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New safety video coming

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: UA 1K
I love the current safety video and could watch it any number of times. My favorite part is on most aircraft when he says "remove the pouch" (kangaroo: enh?!) and then "tear open the pouch" (kangaroos: ugh? oof!).
Old May 1, 2015, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by char777
Though the 90s one was really really awesome, too.
Indeed. Who wouldn't rather hear an intro/ending from a Captain or FO, v. a smarmy CEO?
Old May 1, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I hate the end of the video when a UA captain says "thanks and enjoy your flight" or something close. It appears so snarky and sarcastic. Don't you just want to wipe that grin off his face?
Old May 1, 2015, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by mherdeg
I love the current safety video and could watch it any number of times. My favorite part is on most aircraft when he says "remove the pouch" (kangaroo: enh?!) and then "tear open the pouch" (kangaroos: ugh? oof!).
Bolding mine: And for me as well ^
Old May 1, 2015, 2:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Let's stay on topic

Some OT inappropriate discussions about individuals in safety videos have been removed. We all need to realize the certain comments about appearance can be considered inappropriate for a forum with a board diverse membership.
The intro to FT and the rules use words like "friendly, respectful, civility, collegial place." Remember the workplace diversity training most of you have received, just as appropriate here. Locker room, meat market-like discussions of appearance do not fit that description. Those comments have been and will be deleted.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old May 1, 2015, 3:33 pm

I also like the current video, although with fewer screens on aircraft, I am seeing it less.

Please, no airline ever, make a safety video like Virgin America's!

It is way too long, and the novelty wears off after about 15 seconds.

It does result in additional revenue for VX though: As I buy up to F, part of my motivation is the fact that they do not show the video in F!
Old May 1, 2015, 3:48 pm

My favorite video would be a mix of the old CO & old UA videos combined. Use FAs to do the actual demo on an actual aircraft (like the old CO videos from years ago and UA a few years ago) but with the CO style narration.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
I quite like the current video - but it's getting old. What really gives me the creeps is those anime-type safety videos - both JAL and ANA use them still and I don't know - it just feels sort of weird...
Old May 1, 2015, 7:19 pm

Entertaining safety videos are not about educating flyers about safety. They are about leaving a positive feeling about the airline. If you see them a lot of times they are boring. But if your seeing them a lot of times it doesn't matter how you feel about the airline. You've either drank the Kool-Aide or had your master pour it down your throat with a tube.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by villox
It WAS entertaining, the first 20 or so times. I think they probably used it longer because of how much it took to produce. So maybe they should go back to simplifying.
+1000

it was fun watching it once or twice. Now it is just annoying me.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:01 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I find the current one is cringe-makingly bad so I'm looking forward to a new one.
I actually think the current one is fairly well-done--particularly given that UA was behind it. But after having seen it dozens to hundreds of times, year, it's time for something new.
Old May 2, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by exerda
I actually think the current one is fairly well-done--particularly given that UA was behind it. But after having seen it dozens to hundreds of times, year, it's time for something new.
Actually for a PAX like myself it's great to see somethings on the screen. 1/5 of my domestic UA flights don't even have screens (TV's, AVOD) anymore. FA's have to demonstrate safety by hand.
(Since the merger I avoid flying UA long haul)
Old May 2, 2015, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like they are asking us to pay them to be an extra in the video? Just make sure you don't end up looking like the guy on the beach at the end of the current video - looking stupid and probably had to have his armpits shaved for the video

I too don't understand why they are making another one so soon - especially as more aircraft go to the screenless bring-your-own setup and demos are done manually. On the subject of that, I was the FA's little helper yesterday handing her the props as she went through the demo

The current one is not too bad. The only problem I see is the emergency lighting by the seats in the video makes one believe both sides of the aisle have those lights - it seems on many aircraft, only one side has the lights.

I think they need to go into some rationale on the WHY you have to do certain things. It seems we are getting sloppy with maintaining a tidy cabin during takeoff and landing and it worries me: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...afety-usa.html
Old May 3, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
But I would just recycle this one--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJbAWvSP45Y
TED misses you. TED want to be recycled. RAR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fwdLuKo0Vc
Old May 3, 2015, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DL
I miss the old days when the FAs did the safety demo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.