Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PushingTin
Croutons from the salad bar and cubes of cheese- Ummm. Pretty good in the soup.
Swiss in the potato soup is pretty nice. Cheese in the minestrone is a little strange, but I still do it. Sometimes I put some nuts in too, but that might be on the weird side for some.

Re: the bread, it seems so consistently hard that I feel like it's intentional rather than just staled.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:38 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by enviroian
Isn't the GFL at ORD self serve?
Was there 24 hours ago. I certainly is. And one of the employees will probably ask you if they can get you something to drink too
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Was there 24 hours ago. I certainly is. And one of the employees will probably ask you if they can get you something to drink too
Sometimes when it's busy or they have a hog they'll put away the champers, but they'll bring you some if you ask.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: ua 1k/*g, ge, hh g, spg/mr plat
New soup (to me at least) in Sfo rotunda this eve - tomato/Gouda - very good...or was I starving? I'll let others decide. I thought they were cooking a hot meal it smelled so good in there . Also a new chocolate & yogurt covered mix instead of those choc grahams and a rarely seen (again by me) salami/cheese tray. Sliced summer squash as veg - love those as much as watermelon radishes at amex lounge.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by califcoast
New soup (to me at least) in Sfo rotunda this eve - tomato/Gouda - very good...or was I starving? I'll let others decide. I thought they were cooking a hot meal it smelled so good in there . Also a new chocolate & yogurt covered mix instead of those choc grahams and a rarely seen (again by me) salami/cheese tray. Sliced summer squash as veg - love those as much as watermelon radishes at amex lounge.
Just had both of these at ATL last week. The soup was OK, although I suspected I was getting all of the fat and calories from the Gouda, but none of the taste or texture.

The snack mix was OK...similar enough to the grahams, but not close to those delicious brownie bites.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Just had both of these at ATL last week. The soup was OK, although I suspected I was getting all of the fat and calories from the Gouda, but none of the taste or texture.

The snack mix was OK...similar enough to the grahams, but not close to those delicious brownie bites.
I don't usually eat there - but I love a tomato soup & this one seemed like a bisque using Gouda flavor. Chunks of tomato, not greasy - maybe I got lucky...or as I mentioned, I was hungry. Went to ax after for a real salad

I agree with you...I definitely miss the brownie bites, everything else is a cruel comparison!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:59 pm

I was very happy last week to see that HNL has finally gotten soup, and it was a tasty Thai chicken soup. Here's to hoping we can also get some bread and/or pita to go with the soup and hummus.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Wx4caster
I was very happy last week to see that HNL has finally gotten soup, and it was a tasty Thai chicken soup. Here's to hoping we can also get some bread and/or pita to go with the soup and hummus.
Had bread AND pita at Sfo - maybe you should mention it to hnl! Love a good Thai soup!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Seems like the chocolate-covered graham crackers were replaced with chocolate mini-pretzels in the C3 UC at EWR. Like the graham crackers better
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haven't seen the salami in forever. Other than an occasional change in the soup I am very tired of the same old stuff all the time. They need to get some kind of a rotation for everything.

Last week Denver had both the chocolate covered grahams and chocolate covered pretzels. Pretzels was actually more than pretzels, was also chocolate covered nuts. and it was both white and brown chocolate.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Seems like the chocolate-covered graham crackers were replaced with chocolate mini-pretzels in the C3 UC at EWR. Like the graham crackers better
EWR had a mix of chocolate covered pretzels and white chocolate covered mixed nuts last week.

Originally Posted by Baze
Haven't seen the salami in forever. Other than an occasional change in the soup I am very tired of the same old stuff all the time. They need to get some kind of a rotation for everything.

Last week Denver had both the chocolate covered grahams and chocolate covered pretzels. Pretzels was actually more than pretzels, was also chocolate covered nuts. and it was both white and brown chocolate.
EWR also had platters of mixed "salami" and "ham" last week. Along with a dark mustard.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
The pita bread they have is several of the United Clubs I've been in lately has really been awful. They should do pita chips if they don't want to spend the money to get edible pita
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Is the salami gone for good? The "menu" card that sits at the food area in the IAH clubs still mentions the salami.

However, I haven't had a salami sighting since January...
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wx4caster
Would love to try the Thai soup. Anyone know what soup is at ORD lately? Haven't been there yet in April.

Originally Posted by Renard
The pita bread they have is several of the United Clubs I've been in lately has really been awful. They should do pita chips if they don't want to spend the money to get edible pita
That's a really good idea. I can't imagine the chips would cost more than the semi-stale pita (I use "semi" because it's much less stale than the bread), and maybe a little more versatile too.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by warreng24
However, I haven't had a salami sighting since January...
I had it three weeks ago in DEN West UC, but it didn't last long. Got it right as they brought out a full tray. It was empty 15 minutes later and I never saw them refill it again before I left an hour after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.