Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences [2015 forward]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Phaze
Previous thread - Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences

:-: United's Global First Lounges located at LHR, IAD, SFO, HKG and NRT are for the use of passengers traveling in United's Global First or in International First Class on a Star Alliance member aircraft with more than two classes of service departing that day from that airport.
NOTE: Global First Lounge at ORD has closed. Polaris lounge Chicago is now open, including dining. The Global First Lounge at LHR closes at 18:00, as confirmed by United via phone. The website currently omits this information.

This reconfirmed per UA Insider - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21700252-post535.html

Passengers must be holding a same day ticket for flights departing to/from a Trans Atlantic, Trans Pacific, Southern South America, Africa or a Middle East destination. Passengers connecting to/from other United/United Express flights will be admitted as long as the above requirements are met.

Global Services members can also use Global First Lounges when traveling in BusinessFirst or p.s. (EWR-LAX/SFO) BusinessFirst cabin.

A GS who arrives in BF or GF will be admitted to the GFL. This does not apply to a GS flying non-UA metal.

Any passenger holding a boarding pass for travel within 24 hours in UA GF will have access to the GFL at their departure and connecting airports.

from United Global First and Arrivals lounges
United Global FirstSM Lounge

The United Global First Lounge is an oasis of service and privacy. Tailored to the needs of United Global First customers on long-haul international flights*, we offer personalized services, complimentary hors d'oeuvres and premium beverages.
Access policy

The following customers may access the United Global First lounge by showing their United boarding pass for a flight arriving or departing on a same-day (within 24 hours) itinerary.

United Global First customers traveling on long-haul international flights*
Star Alliance™ First customers departing on international flights

These eligible United Global First Lounge visitors are allowed one adult or child to accompany them as a guest.

*Long-haul international flights are between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East or South America.
Print Wikipost

Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences [2015 forward]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Spg, 1K UA
LAX GFL update?

Originally Posted by djmp
LAX GFL is RIP and not coming back per the staff there.
I am here in the ORD GFL, where I clocked the internet speed at 0.5 mps, whew..
Anyways some civilian clothed staff were discussing changes here at the GFL and mentioned LAX GFL will reopen at the end on this year.
Who knows.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by andres21st
I am here in the ORD GFL, where I clocked the internet speed at 0.5 mps, whew..
Anyways some civilian clothed staff were discussing changes here at the GFL and mentioned LAX GFL will reopen at the end on this year.
Who knows.
Can only hope that wasn't "cloud talk" ^
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:25 am

Sorry, this may not be the correct thread to post (please advise). I will be flying UA in GlobalFirst FRA-SFO (Standard Award Ticket). Will I have access to Lufthansa's First Class Terminal? Or Lufthansa's First Class lounges? Or will I be downgraded to LH Senator lounges?

UA does not appear to have a GF lounge at FRA anymore....
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
Originally Posted by bsd107
Sorry, this may not be the correct thread to post (please advise). I will be flying UA in GlobalFirst FRA-SFO (Standard Award Ticket). Will I have access to Lufthansa's First Class Terminal? Or Lufthansa's First Class lounges? Or will I be downgraded to LH Senator lounges?

UA does not appear to have a GF lounge at FRA anymore....
Unfortunately no. You need to be on first class LH/LX or a HON circle member.

http://www.lufthansa.com/ca/en/Lounge-types-and-access

Will
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by seacarl
No GFL in EWR nor in IAH

A bit weird in that UA does operate some 3-class international flights from EWR, and if the GFL is a benefit for GS pax traveling in C, then they ought to add the lounge at these two hubs. But no signs of them doing so.
There are "rumours" of a GFL at EWR. Some of the EWR GS staff have told me that it will come by the end of the year. No idea if that is reality...
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
No you will have access if in F as a GS to LH First class lounge now. New benefit for 2015. No terminal access as they don't drive you to a UA flight.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by philfna
No you will have access if in F as a GS to LH First class lounge now. New benefit for 2015. No terminal access as they don't drive you to a UA flight.
But no access to LH FCL if in LH J as a GS, although HON members now have access to UA GFL when in UA C. So not exactly full reciprocity.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by willryu
Unfortunately no. You need to be on first class LH/LX or a HON circle member.

http://www.lufthansa.com/ca/en/Lounge-types-and-access

Will
Wow. That's crazy that UA does not have any kind of an agreement to get UA GF passengers into a LH FC lounge at FRA... All about cost-cutting, I guess... (Note that I am only lowly 1K and not GS...)
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Wow. That's crazy that UA does not have any kind of an agreement to get UA GF passengers into a LH FC lounge at FRA... All about cost-cutting, I guess... (Note that I am only lowly 1K and not GS...)
I was told today at FRA by United rep that GS traveling in GF have access to [Lufthansa] First Class Lounge. It's in Terminal A and a ways from the Z gates so I passed

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Mar 12, 2015 at 10:14 am Reason: To correct name of airline operating Club.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Wow. That's crazy that UA does not have any kind of an agreement to get UA GF passengers into a LH FC lounge at FRA.
Not really. The FCL and FCT are for LH and LX's own F pax and top tier elites. The only current exception is for GS flying GF.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
SFO GFL Locked Storage

From previous experience, I know there is ample unlocked storage in the SFO GFL, but I wonder whether there is any locked-storage option?

If not in GFL, is there anyplace for locked storage in other areas of the airport?

Many thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by manstein58
I was told today at FRA by United rep that GS traveling in GF have access to [Lufthansa] First Class Lounge. It's in Terminal A and a ways from the Z gates so I passed
The Z gates are on the same concourse as the A gates, just one floor higher. Z gates are outside Schengen(EU), while A gates are inside Schengen(EU). I know there is a Senator Lounge on each level. I *think* there is also a LH first class lounge on each level, but the only time I've had the privilege to use it, I went to the FCT.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:22 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 747FC
From previous experience, I know there is ample unlocked storage in the SFO GFL, but I wonder whether there is any locked-storage option?

If not in GFL, is there anyplace for locked storage in other areas of the airport?

Many thanks!
from SFO FAQs
Baggage storage is exclusively available at the Airport Travel Agency, located on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal, near the entrance to Gates G91-G102. The Airport Travel Agency is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. No reservations are required for baggage storage. All baggage is x-rayed prior to storage. Rates are assessed per each 24 hour period that an article is in storage (articles in storage for less than 24 hours will be subject to the 24 hour rate), and vary according to the size of the object. Please contact the Airport Travel Agency at 650.877.0422 or [email protected] for additional information.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Many thanks, WineCountryUA!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by seacarl
I *think* there is also a LH first class lounge on each level, but the only time I've had the privilege to use it, I went to the FCT.
Nope. If flying to US from Z, no FCL is available once you're on Z level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.