Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by frankmu
We are trying to get a stopover in ORD, so we can get a little sleep on our way to BOS. However, CS says that will break the fare, and we can't do it that way. She recommends paying a fare difference, but looks like SHARES is not letting her price it out.

The fare difference is now $800. I guess we suck it up and go on the red eye
You could always misconnect is SFO.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
A change of carrier (to UX) does qualify for a full refund (but that may be credit toward a future flight and not a cash refund).
The refund is to the original form of payment.

A credit towards future flight is a concession sometimes offered when the customer is not entitled to a refund (or when the customer willingly accepts it instead of exerting their rights when they're entitled to a refund).

In a carrier change, such as United to United Express, the customer is entitled to a full refund, which is to the original form of payment.

Not saying UA will act in good faith and simply provide it on request (they may push back and play games as they did in the poster's case, or in my recent case, where I gave them an ultimatum and threatened a DOT complaint).
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by zrs70
If a flight is changed from United Express to United, that can trigger a refund, as it is a change of carriers, regardless of flight time. Right?
Or even from one UX carrier to another. They are all separate airlines even though they all fly under the UX banner.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by channa
The refund is to the original form of payment.

A credit towards future flight is a concession sometimes offered when the customer is not entitled to a refund (or when the customer willingly accepts it instead of exerting their rights when they're entitled to a refund).

In a carrier change, such as United to United Express, the customer is entitled to a full refund, which is to the original form of payment.

Not saying UA will act in good faith and simply provide it on request (they may push back and play games as they did in the poster's case, or in my recent case, where I gave them an ultimatum and threatened a DOT complaint).
Called just now. Was told a change from UA to UX did not constitute a schedule change as my flight times remained the same. Asked to speak to someone else and was told there was no one else to talk to, "Nobody can override a United policy." She was rather pushy. I figured HUCA would be the best way forward.

I figured I would wait until tomorrow but then I logged into my account and saw that the CSR had accepted the flight changes on my behalf, without my say-so. I called back and got another CSR sounded a little older and nice...Grandma-esque. She first offered me a change to another flight. I stated that I wanted to cancel and get a refund. I don't think I was clear right off the bat that that's what I wanted. She said, "Oh! Well I can cancel you're flight". She first came back and said that I would get a refund minus $100, which she said was a cancellation fee. I said I didn't understand, dropped the term "Your Contract of Carriage States...." and asked her if I could get a full refund. She took a few minutes of doing things on her computer and then told me I would get a full refund. Success!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: UNITED 1K, THAI ROP GOLD, Marriott PLAT, Hilton Gold
UA IAH to NRT flighgt 1 and flight 2

i was booked on 002 from nrt to Iah in May, but i just saw that i was changed to a LAX flt with a layover of a few hours before i head to IAH.. What happened to the IAH to NRT morning flight and the NRT to IAH Flight 2?

can i just call the reservation center and have it changed to the flight 6/7 instead of the Flight to LAXconnection to IAH?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
UA is very flexible with schedule changes like that. Find the (still-scheduled) flights you want and call them. They have always put me on my desired UA-metal itinerary with no hassle.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Soundman76
i was booked on 002 from nrt to Iah in May, but i just saw that i was changed to a LAX flt with a layover of a few hours before i head to IAH.. What happened to the IAH to NRT morning flight and the NRT to IAH Flight 2?

can i just call the reservation center and have it changed to the flight 6/7 instead of the Flight to LAXconnection to IAH?
Was cancelled on 31-Jan.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-2015-a-7.html

NH took the slot: http://www.ana.co.jp/eng/aboutana/pr...14/141211.html

Call res to change it. I think you should be accommodated to anything reasonable.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mnCO
Was told a change from UA to UX did not constitute a schedule change as my flight times remained the same.
Gotta love those untrained (and often untrainable) agents.

Originally Posted by mnCO
dropped the term "Your Contract of Carriage States...." and asked her if I could get a full refund.
That's the key. Glad you found someone who knew the ropes.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:29 pm

United flight time change . Should I accept now or later .

Hello Everyone ,
I have a flight with UA in June . My departure schedule was 7:20am . Now UA change to 6:55am . Should I accept schedule change now or later ? .
Incase I have to cancel or change my trip to different date later , Does UA allow me to change without fee ? . Please advice !

Thank you for your time !
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Less than a half-hour change, getting to your destination/connecting flight even earlier - accept it. You will have a tough chance for a refund for that time change...
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Originally Posted by bayareas
Incase I have to cancel or change my trip to different date later , Does UA allow me to change without fee ?
UA may allow you to switch your outbound flight for a different departure time, same date; however, a 25 minute schedule change does not mean that you now get to change travel dates for free, whenever you want.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:21 am

United changed reservations

Not sure if this is the correct area to post this.So sorry

I'm using my award miles on a reservation that was booked in January. United changed my flight itinerary. I'm not happy with it.
June 10 Bangkok to Italy to Newark to Providence. The Newark leg was to arrive at 1:30 pm and depart at 3:40
The change is to arrive at Newark 1:30 pm. depart at 10:30 pm.

Is it possible to rebook another flight? What are my options?
Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by riclagriclag

I'm using my award miles on a reservation that was booked in January. United changed my flight itinerary. I'm not happy with it.
June 10 Bangkok to Italy to Newark to Providence. The Newark leg was to arrive at 1:30 pm and depart at 3:40

Thanks
Probably the wrong thread, yes.

Call UA up and ask about being moved to the EWR-PVD flight departing at 2:53pm. The connection would give you 1 hour and 23 minutes to clear CBP at EWR, which may or may not be under the MCT.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by riclagriclag

Thanks
You should post here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ne-2015-a.html

Were you not given the option to look for other flights on the website? What did they say when you called them?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
You should post here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ne-2015-a.html

Were you not given the option to look for other flights on the website? What did they say when you called them?
I wasn't given options in my email and I haven't called them yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.