Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 MileagePlus Change - Elimination of Global Entry Payment for Plat/1K/GS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 MileagePlus Change - Elimination of Global Entry Payment for Plat/1K/GS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: United
I just got GE this year, prior to obtaining Plat status so out of my own pocket because I had a bunch of Int'l trips planned and am generally impatient.

Totally worth it, IMO.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Million Miler; UA-1K; Hilton Lifetime Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
And no payment.

You can usually do it online now.
Yes - you can log into your GE account online and update your new passport number.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MrOCTeckels
It has been a couple of years, but I seem to remember that if you get a new passport you have to renew GE anyways.
You do not have to renew GE, but (as others have mentioned) you can just go online and update your passport information in your GOES account. Very quick and easy. Don't need to stop into a GE enrollment center to update. I updated mine online last summer.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by tealeaf99
Yes. When you get your new passport (with a new passport number), just walk into any GE office. The GE folks will then type your new numbers/info into their system. No GE appointment is necessary to do this.
I was able to do this online without any issue.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Was looking forward to using it for renewal end of 2015. GlobalEntry_Unfriendly
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by kluau88
I was able to do this online without any issue.
Glad to hear this. I unfortunately couldn't make any updates to my GE account. I called them and was told I had to come in.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tealeaf99
I unfortunately couldn't make any updates to my GE account. I called them and was told I had to come in.
Just drop by next time you're passing through SFO. It took me all of 30 seconds.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
Was looking forward to using it for renewal end of 2015. GlobalEntry_Unfriendly
Here is the logic: if you qualify for the increased PQD, you must be loaded. So, what's $100
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
AMEX Plat pays for GE.

It makes the transition away from UA a lot easier.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
A lot of cards pay for this, won't miss it one bit. Though I was able to use the code to pay for Mrs. B.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:25 pm

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
Originally Posted by PandaHouston
Yes - you can log into your GE account online and update your new passport number.
This probably won't affect a lot of people, but trivia! If you get GE before becoming a U.S. citizen the passport(s) in there will be foreign. If you stayed a permanent resident you could totally update your foreign passport information in there. What you can't do is add your new U.S. passport details when you become a citizen.

I spent a long time at the MSP office until they found the one person that knew this was a bug and then did it for me. Kept on getting told "you can do it online". Pulled out my laptop, showed them, no dice. Gotta lot work done while I waited since there was no distracting free wifi in the terminal.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by channa
AMEX Plat pays for GE.

It makes the transition away from UA a lot easier.
And the credit shows up in a reasonable amount of time (~1 week for me), which is different than trying to get your money back from UA (though not in the case of GE of course )
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by username
Here is the logic: if you qualify for the increased PQD, you must be loaded. So, what's $100
I guess I should put it into perspective!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Cargojon
Wonder how early I can renew mine - I think it expires Oct 2015. But I have to renew my passport first. Crap. Time to get moving on that.
I believe any time in the year leading up to expiration . . . I'm going to find out in January (bday month), with a 2016 expiration. Hope it works (and let me know if you can renew now).
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Thank you for this thread. I am better hurry to apply for GE for Mrs. MM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.