Programs: UA ,Qantas ,Southwest
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
I am 6'6" and size 13.
wow size 13, I have a boat that's smaller than that
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by rduer
I'm 6'6" and size 15 (or 16 in some shoes), so mine are ocean liners.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rduer
I wore a 13 when I was 13

Originally Posted by harryhood
I'm 6'6" and size 15 (or 16 in some shoes), so mine are ocean liners.
my stats exactly (though I'm more of a small 15, maybe a 14.5 if such a thing existed)
Old Nov 8, 2014, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andrewwm
At this point, anyway, if you have all aisle access and a fully flat seat I don't know what else there really is to meaningfully beat that. Maybe a few small bells and whistles but that's it...
Agree. To get closer, you might as well use the current GF seat as the new BF.

Originally Posted by ORD4R

The prototypes shown were a significant leap forward from the current UA/CO seat but NOT a significant leap forward from the new AA 777-300 seat by any measure that I could detect.

We should be happy that UA is not considering a less than state of the art seat like the business class seat Lufthansa is currently rolling out, which does not even offer direct aisle access for all seats.
Would be interested to know, what the next generation quantum leap C-seat would entail. Seems to me, that would be closer to the better F-seats on the market today.
Going all lie-flat back 7 years ago was such a leap. I frankly don't see that opportunity today.
On the hard product side, UA was ahead of LH the last two cycles and might be again, when they introduce the next generation.

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
That's basically the same as the reverse herringbone found on CX, AA 773s, AC's 787, etc. right? I'd take that in a heartbeat - I'm no longer expecting UA to set the (positive) trends, but at least they'd catch up.
Something along those lines can be expected.
My recent CX flights on those seats were very comfortable and made for a nice sleep.

Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA

Looking in my crystal ball, I can see we're in for a fire storm when the number of seats available for upgrade on the new all-aisle access is less than today. "They suck!"

Oh, and I'm going to really miss my GF.
Same was predicted when the switch from the barcalounger to the lie-flat occured, which substantially decreased u/g availability.

Loss of GF will be a huge drawback!
Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: UA-1K-MM AA-EXP-MM
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Would be interested to know, what the next generation quantum leap C-seat would entail. Seems to me, that would be closer to the better F-seats on the market today.
Going all lie-flat back 7 years ago was such a leap. I frankly don't see that opportunity today.
On the hard product side, UA was ahead of LH the last two cycles and might be again, when they introduce the next generation.

!
Well I think the next generation leap is probably like the new A380 Etihad business seat which is similar to the new 777-200 business class seat AA is just beginning to install. In my opinion it increases privacy over the reverse herringbone and still makes good use of space.
Here is a link to the new Etihad business class:
http://thedesignair.net/2014/07/04/f...ourney-part-3/

I would agree it is not as big a leap and it still protects the product difference between first class and business class.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:46 am

The new J class seat is very similar to the current CO BF seat and UA GF seat blend them together add some sharp edges and darker blues & greys.

Domestic F is just an updated product very similar to what the F seat on the CO 737s looks like.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
The new J class seat is very similar to the current CO BF seat and UA GF seat blend them together add some sharp edges and darker blues & greys.
Assuming 1-2-1?

Guessing the overall cabin will look as drab as usual...no nice seat or bedding color accents like OALs do.

Domestic F is just an updated product very similar to what the F seat on the CO 737s looks like.
As long as it's not like the old boxy, straight-upright CO seats, that's cool by me :-:
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite

Has a seat been selected?
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did this research also include domestic F seating?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:25 am
Suspended

Can someone let them know that "BusinessFirst" is a ridiculous name and should be trashed? But knowing who's in charge, that won't happen. Same goes for having United First, but of course, with small thinking management, anything that makes them stand out is not gonna happen. Can't wait for more Walmart blues and greys.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by united4
Can someone let them know that "BusinessFirst" is a ridiculous name and should be trashed? But knowing who's in charge, that won't happen. Same goes for having United First, but of course, with small thinking management, anything that makes them stand out is not gonna happen. Can't wait for more Walmart blues and greys.
What would you recommend?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BB2220
What would you recommend?
United Business. That's what it will be, so a little truth in advertising wouldn't hurt.

If they aren't going to be honest, call it Premier Class. Just don't call it First class, given that they have no interest in offering g a true first class product.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by halls120
United Business. That's what it will be, so a little truth in advertising wouldn't hurt.

If they aren't going to be honest, call it Premier Class. Just don't call it First class, given that they have no interest in offering g a true first class product.
Connoisseur Class? Oh, wait...
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Did this research also include domestic F seating?
Nope, just business class seating.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by wxguy
Connoisseur Class? Oh, wait...
LOL 1991 was a different era wasn't it! Smoke Free section, CD PLAYERS!, branded stir sticks! I'm sad to admit - I remember these...

I would just call it "International Business Class" and be done with it. Domestic can be either "Domestic Business Class" or "Domestic First Class". I actually don't hate the BusinessFirst and I have no issue if it stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.