Search

New UA BF seat research

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
New UA BF seat research

Received this:

You’re one of our most valued customers, and your perspective on the United travel experience matters greatly to us. We would like to invite you for an in-person exclusive event at the Boeing Dreamliner Gallery to try a few aircraft seats we’re prototyping and let us know what you think.

We are conducting research the week of Sept. 8, in Seattle, and would like to invite you to participate for one day or night in a simulated flight experience to test new BusinessFirst seat prototypes. If selected, you would be invited to participate in a 9-hour overnight “flight” with a few other individuals or a 3-hour daytime focus group. All travel, hotel and transportation will be provided by United. Additionally, we will be booking exclusive VIP tours of the Boeing manufacturing facility, if interested.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Targeted?

Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
Received this:

If selected, you would be invited to participate in a 9-hour overnight “flight” with a few other individuals or a 3-hour daytime focus group.
For this 'flight', do you get miles or 'miles'?

My only input would be what they look like from behind...
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Feel free to forward me the email if you're not interested I've been hearing about this from a source for a long time! Look forward to hearing about it though I suspect you'll be sworn to secrecy.

(yes, I realise I'm not GS and won't be invited!)

In all seriousness - hope a few people who are 6'2" or taller with size 13 feet get to try out the seats and provide feedback.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Good news! I guess we will see a new unified product! Fantastic!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Good news! I guess we will see a new unified product! Fantastic!
in 20 years... just in time for the unified IFE product!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Through back channels, I've been able to procure an advance copy of the feedback form:

How do you rate our new BF Seat:

__ Amazing!

__ The Best Ever!

__ Wow, I Love It!

__ Better than AA and DL Combined!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:48 pm

I am scheduled to attend a similar session this Thursday in Chicago at HQ, though the language was "to try a few aircraft seats we’re prototyping and let us know what you think" (type of seat - Y / J / F - not specified). I am 6' 3" and have some pretty strong opinions about the shortcomings of both current J products (2-4-2 config on the pmUA / length and footwell of the pmCO).
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:55 pm

Wow, I can't believe UA is even paying travel costs. I'd consider paying my own way for a chance to attend.

What a week, first after sending umpteen millions to their consulting agency for market research, UA came to the conclusion that humans not only eat, but it's a rather important part of daily life. And now they've come to the conclusion that premium passengers enjoy being as comfortable as possible when spending $$$ on air travel. Dare I ask what's next??
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Targeted?

I assume
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cricketer
Feel free to forward me the email if you're not interested I've been hearing about this from a source for a long time! Look forward to hearing about it though I suspect you'll be sworn to secrecy.

(yes, I realise I'm not GS and won't be invited!)

In all seriousness - hope a few people who are 6'2" or taller with size 13 feet get to try out the seats and provide feedback.
I am 6'6" and size 13.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:05 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
{scurring off to check my email} I just hope they have a few women attending to express their opinion.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
I'm planning on attending the one on Monday night.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Does this include a stopover?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 pm

Good news. Curious to know on what kind of timeline this whole project is on, in addition to hearing feedback (if allowed/possible) from those attending on new seats and designs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.