Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New UA BF seat research

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
oh that's so cool! wish I got the invite.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum (and falling fast)
Originally Posted by txny
I am scheduled to attend a similar session this Thursday in Chicago at HQ, though the language was "to try a few aircraft seats we’re prototyping and let us know what you think" (type of seat - Y / J / F - not specified). I am 6' 3" and have some pretty strong opinions about the shortcomings of both current J products (2-4-2 config on the pmUA / length and footwell of the pmCO).
Don't forget to add in the pmCO BF positioning of the headset jack....one twist of your head and your headset flies out, requiring a mad scramble in the dark to rectify the situation before you've missed half your film!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by GroundStop
Don't forget to add in the pmCO BF positioning of the headset jack....one twist of your head and your headset flies out, requiring a mad scramble in the dark to rectify the situation before you've missed half your film!
+ infinity!! Haha yeah I never understood the positioning of the jack behind your head and always felt it was a major design flaw IMHO.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
This is a great opportunity - congrats!

Even if the feedback session is a bust for some reason, the tour of the Boeing facility is worth the trip IMHO.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Bonvoy Ambassador | WN A-List | Avis First | Hertz PC
I'm guessing any feedback providers will have to sign NDAs, but it's exciting to know that UA is considering new hard product.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Wx4caster
Wow, I can't believe UA is even paying travel costs. I'd consider paying my own way for a chance to attend.

What a week, first after sending umpteen millions to their consulting agency for market research, UA came to the conclusion that humans not only eat, but it's a rather important part of daily life. And now they've come to the conclusion that premium passengers enjoy being as comfortable as possible when spending $$$ on air travel. Dare I ask what's next??

I suppose it's too much to hope that UA (or other airlines for that matter) would
be concerned about the comfort of passengers who spend most of their time in Economy.

I do pay for premier seats occasionally, but...

There are many examples of problems in coach. Just see the hot news today about the "Knee Defender".

http://www.flyertalk.com/story/knee-...ed-flight.html

Sigh.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
We are conducting research the week of Sept. 8, in Seattle, and would like to invite you to participate for one day or night in a simulated flight experience to test new BusinessFirst seat prototypes.
In the grand COdbaUA tradition (aka "no plane too small"), the new UA intercontinental flagship will be the E2 / E190 regional jet, and this will be the seat you will be trialling:

Look for it to fly EWR - TXL next year
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:45 am

What plane and seat is that?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tuolumne
An imaginary one. It's a computer generated image.

Unfortunately.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
+ infinity!! Haha yeah I never understood the positioning of the jack behind your head and always felt it was a major design flaw IMHO.
Is there something like infinity to the infinity-ish power? Whoever came up with this design ought to be sent back to Human Factors Remedial School!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by txny
...I am 6' 3" and have some pretty strong opinions about the shortcomings of both current J products (2-4-2 config on the pmUA / length and footwell of the pmCO).
I am 6'6" and size 13.
Thank goodness. I was afraid they'd only select midgets.

txny...give 'em hell about the 2-4-2 for me. Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
Received this:

You’re one of our most valued customers, and your perspective on the United travel experience matters greatly to us. We would like to invite you for an in-person exclusive event at the Boeing Dreamliner Gallery to try a few aircraft seats we’re prototyping and let us know what you think.

We are conducting research the week of Sept. 8, in Seattle, and would like to invite you to participate for one day or night in a simulated flight experience to test new BusinessFirst seat prototypes. If selected, you would be invited to participate in a 9-hour overnight “flight” with a few other individuals or a 3-hour daytime focus group. All travel, hotel and transportation will be provided by United. Additionally, we will be booking exclusive VIP tours of the Boeing manufacturing facility, if interested.
If you do go to this, please do not shut up about the removal of GF for the entire event. (assuming you fall into the camp that is only paying J/C/D fares because there is a GF cabin to upgrade to)

Last edited by kevanyalowitz; Aug 27, 2014 at 6:52 am
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by tuolumne
Embraer. Not bad.

http://www.aircraftinteriorsinternat...p?NewsID=60701
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I hope you can make it! Just searched thru my Inbox, no bananas...
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: UA GS 2.9MM, Bonvoy lifetime Gold
Has anyone that filled out the survey received a response yet? I am waiting to hear back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.