Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PQD when no Miles

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 10:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by iapetus
The fare class that appears on your ticket may differ from the fare class that the operating airline uses to determine flight miles earned.
It makes it sounds like I can't really know if I'll actually earn miles based on what united.com tells me. Or is this really only an issue if I don't go through United to purchase my tickets?.....
When purchased as a codeshare (aka UA flight number) this is an issue. The fare code that matters is the operator's fare code. If you purchase using the operator's flight number, you know the needed farecode at purchase.
Old May 10, 2014, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by iapetus
mduell, what I emphasized from your first post in this thread is what really confuses me.

It makes it sounds like I can't really know if I'll actually earn miles based on what united.com tells me. Or is this really only an issue if I don't go through United to purchase my tickets?
This is the thing I covered in my most recent post:
Note if you were booked on UA6889, a UA codeshare on a SAS flight, in L class, you would need to determine the matching SK booking class to determine mileage accural. This information is available from EF or KVS.

I haven't been able to find the underlying booking class on UA.sux, so I use EF instead of calling a phone agent.

This is an issue to consider regardless of where you book if you book a codeshare flight.
Old May 10, 2014, 1:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mduell
I haven't been able to find the underlying booking class on UA.sux, so I use EF instead of calling a phone agent. ...
How does EF tell you the operator's farecode for a codeshare?
Are you inferring it by attempting to match fare costs?
Old May 10, 2014, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
How does EF tell you the operator's farecode for a codeshare?
Are you inferring it by attempting to match fare costs?
Under Fare Information, click View Booking Class and enter the operating carrier as the second airline.

You'll get something like this, for a UA Q fare on Germanwings:

Code:
11 EWRCPH 19JUN14 UA USD  951.00 QHX06NCE STAY-SU/12MBK-Q     
FARE CLS  EXPLANATION                            BOOK CODES    
--------  ----------------------                 ----------    
QHX06NCE  HIGH SEASON MIDWEEK APEX NONREFUNDABLE    Q          
QHX06NCE  FARES                                                
QHX06NCE  FOR ROUND TRIP FARES                                 
QHX06NCE  FOR ADULT                                            

BOOKING CODE EXCEPTIONS FOR CARRIER: 4U                        
IF VIA UA                      Q- FARES                        
   VIA 4U  W     REQUIRED                                      
IF VIA UA                      ALL ECONOMY CABIN               
   VIA 4U  R     REQUIRED                                      
IF VIA **                      ALL CARRIERS EXCEPT 4U  ALL     
                               ECONOMY CABIN                   
   VIA 4U  L     REQUIRED
Matching fare costs means nothing.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:10 pm

Flew to Osaka the other day on a 016 (united) ticket. United between US and Narita while the Japan domestic legs were ANA (ANA flight numbers). When I checked my UA account, the ANA section wasn't counted as part of PQD, while the miles were credited. Checked the United website and its say "most" star alliance flights. When is a Star Alliance not counted despite being on a 016 ticket?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:25 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Maybe you need to write to MPSC to have them review it. It seems that when an ANA domestic ticket is connected to an international itinerary, there should be no reason for it to be treated unusually.

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=299

(unless perhaps it was "Air Japan"?)

I point this out only to say that you can see there is something a little different if the ANA flight were not connected to an intl leg.

Did you receive PQMs, RDMs, but just no PQDs?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FFANA
Flew to Osaka the other day on a 016 (united) ticket. United between US and Narita while the Japan domestic legs were ANA (ANA flight numbers). When I checked my UA account, the ANA section wasn't counted as part of PQD, while the miles were credited. Checked the United website and its say "most" star alliance flights. When is a Star Alliance not counted despite being on a 016 ticket?
if it was eligible to earn RDM/PQM then on 016 stock it should also earn PQD. Something went wrong. Would Email MP and get it fixed.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:27 pm

Thank you for your reply. Reached out to United and they corrected the mistake.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by morelegroom

sure We are analyzing the issue of whether an 016 ticket is eligible for PQD

Where does lufthansa get control over the ticket?

Here is the statement

If you purchase a ticket for a flight that is marketed by United but operated by another airline (known as a codeshare flight), If you purchase a ticket for a flight that is marketed by United but operated by another airline (known as a codeshare flight), the operating airline determines how many miles you earn.

Clear as day. NO miles. but miles are not dollars. if United wrote that that operating airline "determines how many PQDS and miles " etc. I would have no problem. But they didn't
they wrote miles. NOT Dollars

So this sentence cannot support denial

later United writes

If a partner flight is not eligible to earn award miles, then it is also not eligible to earn Premier qualifying miles, segments or dollars.
But flights are not tickets Flights are never on 016 stock
Only Tickets are on 016 stock

If they wrote if a ticket on a partner flight is not eligible, no problem. But they didn't

So what language do you use to get across these gaps.
I think you are really stretching your interpretations here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.