Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Having difficulty in reaching an agent?
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As long as you entered you MP account, any reservation phone number will route you based on your elite status. try this
Print Wikipost

United Premier Phone Number

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, UA GS, Hertz Plat
How to register your phone to be recognized when you call

On your web profile (MP Account>Edit Profile) enter your cell number and home number and Skype number etc. So when you call (assuming you don't use blocking CALL ID Mechanism on any of your phones!) the system recognizes you spells your first name if you say yes you will be transferred to the correct desk (your profile is guiding the status - so if your profile is not updated with your latest status then it won't help).

For the person who started this thread - go to MP Account Profile and use Print card the number associated with your card status will show up on the card print (you don't actually have to print card).

Finally recommendation for all over Gold Status is use the smart phone app (don't know anybody who doesn't use a smartphone these days) the the app allows card in wallet has phone numbers and allows all changes etc. that way only members requiring special attention can get phone help let's all do this so that Jeff is able to reduce agents and manage costs and hopefully not undervalue the over-entitled us!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UA1kMarriottHertzPlat
On your web profile (MP Account>Edit Profile) enter your cell number and home number and Skype number etc. ....
need to be careful no one else has the same phone number in their account (such as the home phone)

.... For the person who started this thread - ...
since the OP posted in 2012 they will likley miss the hint.

.... Finally recommendation for all over Gold Status is use the smart phone app (don't know anybody who doesn't use a smartphone these days) the the app allows card in wallet has phone numbers and allows all changes etc. ....
believe this is present only in the iPhone app
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
On your web profile (MP Account>Edit Profile) enter your cell number and home number and Skype number etc. So when you call (assuming you don't use blocking CALL ID Mechanism on any of your phones!) the system recognizes you spells your first name if you say yes you will be transferred to the correct desk (your profile is guiding the status - so if your profile is not updated with your latest status then it won't help).
Does this actually work? My cell number is the only number listed in my account, it is not Caller ID blocked, and no one else uses my cell phone for their United account...and yet when I call the 1K number, it still asks me for my MP#.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:45 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by jackal
Does this actually work?
Yes.

Normally call in from work or via Skype or Gmail, but from cell don't have to punch in my Mileage Minus #
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Does this actually work? My cell number is the only number listed in my account, it is not Caller ID blocked, and no one else uses my cell phone for their United account...and yet when I call the 1K number, it still asks me for my MP#.
You probably accidentally said "no" once and are therefore doomed forever.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
That's how I screwed myself. So angry that I still have to put in my number every time...
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
That's how I screwed myself. So angry that I still have to put in my number every time...
You could always change your phone number...
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
LOL! If anyone figures out how to clear it, do let me know...
Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: AADULtArer
LOL! If anyone figures out how to clear it, do let me know...
250 USD service desk reinstatement fee
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
250 USD service desk reinstatement fee
And even that just enters you into a lottery...
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: UA Plat
I have both my cell and Google voice number entered into my MP account info, so when I call from Gmail, it recognizes me. It is free to get a Google voice number, and whenever you call anybody from Gmail, it will appear as the same number on their caller ID.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:19 am

United Premier Phone Number

Hey guys,

My flight with United going to ORD tomorrow is cancelled and I've been waiting on the phone for over one hour to speak to someone. I just remembered that I recently become a silver premiere member and want to call the premier line, but having recently gotten my silver status, I don't have my card yet @_@ Can someone PM or email me the phone number? My email is [removed] http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q68

Thank you!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 4, 2014 at 7:21 am
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:26 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by meerkatani
...and want to call the premier line, but having recently gotten my silver status, I don't have my card yet @_@ Can someone PM or email me the phone number? ....
As long as you entered you MP account, any reservation phone number will route you based on your elite status. So no need for a special number.

BTW, it is best not make your email public on a public internet forum. Use the forum's messaging system.

try this

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 4, 2014 at 7:24 am Reason: merge
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:58 am

Omg you are my hero! I got connected in less than a minute and the whole thing was fixed in less than 10. Thank you so much!
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Au, IHG Au
I guess having silver status has value after all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.