Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Having difficulty in reaching an agent?
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As long as you entered you MP account, any reservation phone number will route you based on your elite status. try this
Print Wikipost

United Premier Phone Number

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
If you call any elite UA number, you should be asked for your MP number and after you enter it, in practice, you should be connected to the 1K desk.
Old May 8, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EVP, United 1K and 2MM, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Delta
Originally Posted by onic
That link just takes me to the UA My Account page - and unless I am missing it somewhere I don't see it.
The phone number appears in bold directly above the image of the card

Premier Priority Desk - 1-800-xxx-xxxx

If you aren't seeing an image of your card using the link above (which did work for me) then select the "Print MileagePlus Card" option in your profile
Old May 8, 2012, 6:36 pm

No image of the card....

That's all I get...
Old May 8, 2012, 6:38 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Could someone PM me United 1K phone number? I have not yet received the credentials and would like to start using the number

Thank you!
A google search reveals the number in the very first result...
Old May 8, 2012, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by eightblack
A google search reveals the number in the very first result...
Which is why entering your Mileage Plus 1K account number is more likely to get you faster service than dialing the 1K line. Of course, with the way CO seems to have butchered all the IT systems, who knows.
Old May 8, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by starflyer
Which is why entering your Mileage Plus 1K account number is more likely to get you faster service than dialing the 1K line. Of course, with the way CO seems to have butchered all the IT systems, who knows.
Cry me a river. The recognition of the phone number allowing you to bypass entering your MP# came from United. But thanks for stopping by.
Old May 8, 2012, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by njcommodore
Cry me a river. The recognition of the phone number allowing you to bypass entering your MP# came from United. But thanks for stopping by.
It did indeed. However, when you dial the 1K number, you don't reach the 1K desk, because new management decided to eliminate it.
Old May 8, 2012, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Could someone PM me United 1K phone number? I have not yet received the credentials and would like to start using the number

Thank you!
There's no reason for the secret squirrel PM. Just dial any UA elite # and when asked for your MP#, enter or say your 1K # and you will be connected to the appropriate level of agent. There's no longer such a thing as a 1K "desk" and it doesn't matter which # you dial.
Old May 9, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by fzwinter
If you call any elite UA number, you should be asked for your MP number and after you enter it, in practice, you should be connected to the 1K desk.
The voice instruction says "Please say or enter your mileage plus number". With the new membership number starting with two or three alphabets, how do you enter it?

I once tried to use two digits to enter an alpha (21 for a, 22 for b, etc.) but it failed.
Old May 9, 2012, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by PanAmWT
The voice instruction says "Please say or enter your mileage plus number". With the new membership number starting with two or three alphabets, how do you enter it?

I once tried to use two digits to enter an alpha (21 for a, 22 for b, etc.) but it failed.
Same way as you'd call 1-800-united-1, just one key press per letter corresponding to the letter desired. A, B, or C are mapped to 2. (Yes, you can't go from number to letter unambiguously, but the entire set gives enough context.)
Old May 9, 2012, 4:45 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, SPG PL
i really like the phone number recognition way better than entering my number. too annoying.

Last edited by l etoile; May 11, 2012 at 6:01 am Reason: Removed phone number per tos.
Old May 11, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by okrogius
Same way as you'd call 1-800-united-1, just one key press per letter corresponding to the letter desired. A, B, or C are mapped to 2. (Yes, you can't go from number to letter unambiguously, but the entire set gives enough context.)
Thanks okrogius. There will be a lot of overlapping on the scheme then, I guess that is why they sometimes ask for zip code. Even then there is the possibility of more than one account share the same sequence if two such account owner live in the same zip code.

Originally Posted by ms247
i really like the phone number recognition way better than entering my number. too annoying.
How do you get the phone number recognition? I think I did some thing years ago when UA
made the offer to recognize 1K's phone numbers. It never worked for me. And in a few times I
used SKype to call the 1K number I got a recording asking me if I am some MR. XYZ. I surely
would like to know how I can set up the recognition now.

What is special about the <number removed by moderator> number?

Last edited by l etoile; May 11, 2012 at 6:03 am Reason: merge
Old May 11, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Starwood Platinum
was told last nite and posted in another thread the 1K number no longer exists...even tho my new card says 1K 1Call, its apparently now the premier line, like everything else....fewer non-elites than elites...
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
I have been trying to find the 1K number, but apparently it does not exist. You have to be recognized or enter your number. I just put in my home phone number but they really should have a separate line. Is it like $1.95 a month for a separate number?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rodsren
I have been trying to find the 1K number, but apparently it does not exist. You have to be recognized or enter your number. I just put in my home phone number but they really should have a separate line. ...
In reality it does not matter but if it makes it seem better, look at the back of your MP card or go to united.com and display the temp card.

BTW, there is no 1K Desk anymore --- it is just the Premier Line, your status effect the answering priority.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.