Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Having difficulty in reaching an agent?
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As long as you entered you MP account, any reservation phone number will route you based on your elite status. try this
Print Wikipost

United Premier Phone Number

Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Statusless and proud
New UA premier phone number is pmUA's

Just a heads up since it seems that I am one of the first FTers to get his/her membership card. The phone number listed on the reverse of the card is the 800-xxx-xxxx of pmUA as opposed to the 866-xxx-xxxx of pmCO. Mildly surprising given the amount of decisions that have tended to align themselves more consistently with pmCO policies.

Chris
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Keeping my fingers crossed that the # on the 1K Card will be the PMUA #...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
Mildly surprising given the amount of decisions that have tended to align themselves more consistently with pmCO policies.
It'll be interesting to see, a few weeks from now, where that phone number takes you. If the situation is anything like the rest of the merger, the UA phone number will go to a CO call center

A few examples, some more tenuous than others:
  • The thing called "united.com" will be powered by the thing currently accessible via "continental.com"
  • The thing called "mobile.united.com" actually points to the thing formerly accessible via "pda.continental.com"
  • The single shared FAA operating certificate that says "United Airlines" on it is the one that was formerly used by the Continental subsidiary
  • Every "United Club" now serves prepackaged fruit, vegetables, and cheese and offers a free bar

There are surely counterexamples (the new name "BusinessFirst" for the middle cabin of a sUA 763).
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mherdeg
It'll be interesting to see, a few weeks from now, where that phone number takes you. If the situation is anything like the rest of the merger, the UA phone number will go to a CO call center

• The thing called "united.com" will be powered by the thing currently accessible via "continental.com"
  • The thing called "mobile.united.com" actually points to the thing formerly accessible via "pda.continental.com"
  • The single shared FAA operating certificate that says "United Airlines" on it is the one that was formerly used by the Continental subsidiary
  • Every "United Club" now serves prepackaged fruit, vegetables, and cheese and offers a free bar

There are surely counterexamples (the new name "BusinessFirst" for the middle cabin of a sUA 763).
Are you saying the "bones" that they're throwing pmUA flyers to make this actually feel like a merger as opposed to a CO takeover aren't what they seem to be?

Chris
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I was going to say, I don't know that the phone number used on the back of the card means much. That really can be programed to direct to any phone line they want.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emcampbe
I was going to say, I don't know that the phone number used on the back of the card means much. That really can be programed to direct to any phone line they want.
I'm well aware that the actual phone number is irrelevant, and I'm sure that the old CO Elite number will remain active for a while, but I was merely posting this so that pmCO flyers can update their contacts with their new number. I wasn't sure if I'd have to memorize a new one.

Chris
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:25 pm

Of course in this specific case, we already know from preview.united.com that the idea of "1K 1Call" will survive and I think from "print membership card" on that site we even know the number will stay the same? Hard to imagine the phone line will start going to a different place, to be honest.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Good, hopefully this will mean that the system will recognize us from our phone number when we call.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I hope they keep the sUA IVR system to go with it. The phone number recognition is great.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Are you saying the "bones" that they're throwing pmUA flyers to make this actually feel like a merger as opposed to a CO takeover aren't what they seem to be?

Chris
How dare you be honest about this merger - oops - I mean takeover?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Nah. It'll still go to India.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:04 am
21A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.706 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Actually, the thing now called mobile.united.com was developed post-merger and is different from both pre-merger mobile.united and pda.continental...
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by 21A
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.706 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Actually, the thing now called mobile.united.com was developed post-merger and is different from both pre-merger mobile.united and pda.continental...
Really, it's a brand-new code base under the hood? I am happy to believe you & stand corrected. That does seem like a lot of engineering effort!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold

Wait a minute, the President's Club never had vegetables at all, and no prepackaged fruit.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat (not much longer)
Just a heads up since it seems that I am one of the first FTers to get his/her membership card.......
Chris
Hi JayhawkCO Since you are among the first persons to post about receiving your new 2012 membership card, thanks for taking time to post about it.

I read your post about your receiving your card in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...u-did-not.html

How about editing your post there to include other comments about your 2012 membership credentials? I believe many persons will be reading that thread for information about the 2012 cards, etc. and would be more likely to SEE and be helped from your information if you would post it there.

Last edited by WideBodyFlyer; Feb 26, 2012 at 1:31 am Reason: repair link

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.